Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's pissing you off at this very moment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What's pissing you off at this very moment?

Mufi and his worthless 'tear down' City Council goons.
    https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

i too hate the noisy leafblowers. they serve a purpose in farms and such but for parking lots and residential use they should be banned. many areas on the mainland have banned them for two reasons.....noise and the sedimentation they cause in nearby watercourses......they just blow the stuff down the street and it ends up in a lake, river, estuary or ocean. not a green thing at all. will hawaii ever consider this...make more sense than banning plastic bags.
      the bigger the government the smaller the citizen.

Comment

Kid's that bidoop around snapping their fingers like some frentic doo wop kook.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
          My car's sound system is rapidly heading south. This morning, while driving and listening to the radio (that's still legal, right?!), I heard a pop then...no front speaker action. Tonight, repeating the same scenario in the opposite direction, one back speaker was completely gone and the other would toggle between easy to hear and a very soft bass only. I can do without the radio but I can't do without at least one good speaker! *sigh*
          If you still want to keep your car, but want a new sound system to replace the one that is failing, talk to either Bill Murakami at Progressive Auto Sounds, or Kent Izuka at Securty & Sound Systems. Don't be intimidated by all the expensive equipment in their shop or some of the gonzo systems you might see being installed in other customer's cars. Both shop owners are friendly, down-to-Earth, and will give you good recommendations on what components to purchase, based on your needs and budget. Their install work will be superior compared to the workmanship that you'll get at a place like Best Buy. And they're honest, which is more than can be said for some other car stereo shops, like a certain one not too far from Pearlridge Shopping Center. Grrrr! Makes me mad just thinking about them.
          This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Thanx, FM. I've already been to Security and Sound Systems as that's who installed the security system for the previous owner of my car. Actually, my first dealing with S&SS was in 1991 and they were great then! I don't know who I spoke with today but he was terrific and will try to rewire the system to bypass an amplifier and...and...I have no idea what I'm talking about! Anyway, he will try his best to make the existing components work since I'm fine with one or 2 working speakers in a 14 year old car.

Comment

Originally posted by escondido100 View Post
              i too hate the noisy leafblowers. they serve a purpose in farms and such but for parking lots and residential use they should be banned. many areas on the mainland have banned them for two reasons.....noise and the sedimentation they cause in nearby watercourses......they just blow the stuff down the street and it ends up in a lake, river, estuary or ocean. not a green thing at all. will hawaii ever consider this...make more sense than banning plastic bags.
              AMEN!! Everyone in our neighborhood has one except for us and I hate the stupid things.

My pissy moment this morning is brought to you by the concrete washout catty-corner from our house, where the cement trunks all line up to do...something with their cement loads that's loud and obnoxious every morning. Enough already! I'm sick of hearing your BEEP BEEP BEEP when you back up. No one is behind you. I wish there was some way to disable that. I'm sure someone has a story about how that saved someone's life, but there is NEVER anyone in that washout and no kids around, so it is NOT NECESSARY and not a happy sound at 5:30.

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

Originally posted by surlygirly View Post
                AMEN!! Everyone in our neighborhood has one except for us and I hate the stupid things.

My pissy moment this morning is brought to you by the concrete washout catty-corner from our house, where the cement trunks all line up to do...something with their cement loads that's loud and obnoxious every morning. Enough already! I'm sick of hearing your BEEP BEEP BEEP when you back up. No one is behind you. I wish there was some way to disable that. I'm sure someone has a story about how that saved someone's life, but there is NEVER anyone in that washout and no kids around, so it is NOT NECESSARY and not a happy sound at 5:30.
                Sounds like you need to move to another neighborhood. As for the backup alarm, it's hardwired to the reverse lights. It would be a DOT violation to put a cutoff switch on that noisemaker for obvious reasons.

Anyway with all the neighbors using leafblowers, where are they blowing the leaves? I imagine they're blowing their leaves onto their neighbor's property or onto the streets and into the gutters and storm drains. I've seen some maintenance guy at restaurant row do just that one morning.
                Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
                  Sounds like you need to move to another neighborhood. As for the backup alarm, it's hardwired to the reverse lights. It would be a DOT violation to put a cutoff switch on that noisemaker for obvious reasons.
                  Yep. Turning off the reverse beeper on those large vehicles is a "no can do." Under any circumstances.

Anyway with all the neighbors using leafblowers, where are they blowing the leaves? I imagine they're blowing their leaves onto their neighbor's property or onto the streets and into the gutters and storm drains. I've seen some maintenance guy at restaurant row do just that one morning.
                  Then you should have reported that to the authorities, Craig. That is very much against the law Revised Ordinance of Honolulu 14.12.23[a] prohibits any discharge of pollutants into a storm drain.

One morning after New Year's Eve, I was jogging around the neighborhood when I spotted this guy hosing down all the firecracker waste onto the roadway, where it all ended up going into the storm drain. I told the man he could be fined for doing that, but he told me to mind my own business. So I went back to my house, brought my video camera, and began taping him and his mailbox. When he saw that, his attitude took a 180 deg. turn! He immediately stopped what he was doing, apologized to me, promised that he would sweep up the rubbish and properly dispose of it. When I walked by later to check up on him, there he was, sweeping everything up.
                  This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Good one FM, that I like!

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
                      Then you should have reported that to the authorities, Craig. That is very much against the law Revised Ordinance of Honolulu 14.12.23[a] prohibits any discharge of pollutants into a storm drain.
                      I was driving Ewa bound that morning and caught it out of the corner of my eye. You're right though I should have reported it. He was right on Nimitz/Ala Moana BLVD between Ruth Chris and (what was then) Studebakers.

Comment

We just moved here two years ago, so we'd lose money on the house. Once they finish building out, it'll be fine but until then, construction all around. Luckily only the house across the street and then our little area is done, just that stupid wash-out. They should let you know if they're going to be turning the lot across from your into a washout before you build. I'm sure there's some code saying you can't, but seriously- they knew they were going to. Jackholes.
                        Last edited by helen; September 27, 2009, 07:24 PM. Reason: fixing the quote tags

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

That awful Kaiser advertisement with the breathing set to a beat. Every time it comes on I have to quickly find my remote control so I can turn off the volume!
                          Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

I just caught my pinkie toe of my right foot on the corner of my dresser.
                            Yeah, I know it's my fault, but Rats-n-Fratsin' _ _ _ _ _ _ ...!!!
                            Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Menehune Man View Post

I just caught my pinkie toe of my right foot on the corner of my dresser.
                              Yeah, I know it's my fault, but Rats-n-Fratsin' _ _ _ _ _ _ ...!!!
                              I know the feeling...just rammed my shin into the corner of my platform bed...again!

Comment

It's another one of these wonderful nights where I can't sleep past 4 am...it's now 5:15 am PDT and here I am, trying to get sleepy again. Then, just as the sun starts to come up, I'll fall asleep. I hate this!! Seems like it comes in spells; I'll sleep well for awhile, then go through this. It isn't getting light enough to go for my walk till about 6:45, so here I sit... Can't stay in bed or I will wake my hubby with all my tossing & turning. Then, around noon, I'll be exhausted.

Anyone out there know a good resolution to this? I can take something at night that will help me fall asleep, but, 1) I don't wanna get hooked; and 2) it's great the first few hours, but then I wake up again, just like now. Several of my friends here have had this problem, too. Guess it's middle age...

Comment

Working...
                                X