Pee Wee Herman on Jay Leno Show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pee Wee Herman on Jay Leno Show

I like Pee Wee Herman. But, Is he too old to play a man-child anymore? It was like watching those Gilligan's Island tv movies with a much older Bob Denver. Jerry Lewis wasn't funny when he did those goofy faces and noises when he was a middle aged man. At least Pee Wee Herman is less uncomfortable because his humor is intelligent. I read a mean review of Pee Wee Herman's appearance last night by pointing out his wrinkles around his eyes.

Re: Pee Wee Herman on Jay Leno Show

I grew up when Pee-Wee's Playhouse was on Saturday mornings. And sometimes I sat through it b/c Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventures was on after (the cartoon, not the movie). But I never liked it much. I kinda thought he was obnoxious. Is he ever not "on"?

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

never really watched the peewee herman show. but, i've seen him in other tv shows... pushing daisies, reno 911... he's pretty funny.

Comment

I watched Pee Wee's playhouse back in the day. I had Pee Wee's Big Adventure on VHS and I even had the talking Pee Wee Herman doll. Everything was right as rain until we heard that fateful newscast about our childhood entertainer.

Amazing how many famous actors got work on that show when they were relative unknowns. Laurence Fishburne (Cowboy Curtis), who later became Morpheus in Matrix, and Jimmy Smits (Your Authorized Conky Repairman), who would later become Bail Organa in Star Wars Episode 3.

Comment

Originally posted by Vanguard View Post
          Amazing how many famous actors got work on that show when they were relative unknowns. Laurence Fishburne (Cowboy Curtis), who later became Morpheus in Matrix, and Jimmy Smits (Your Authorized Conky Repairman), who would later become Bail Organa in Star Wars Episode 3.
          Don't forget about Phil Hartman as Captain Carl and Law & Order's S.Epatha Merkerson as Reba the Mail Lady.

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
            At least Pee Wee Herman is less uncomfortable because his humor is intelligent.
            Oh, there were loads of adult humor, satire and innuendo in every episode of Pee Wee's Playhouse. Anyone who tells you that the show was just for little kids either wasn't paying attention or had never actually watched it. It reminded me of the old Soupy Sales Show, in that both parents and kids could watch it together and they would all end up laughing,....but for different reasons.

It's been rumored for years that Paul Reubens would one day resurrect his long moth-balled Pee Wee personna for a comeback. No matter how successful his new stage show is, I don't expect that his blemished reputation will ever allow him to host another Saturday morning TV series. But a new Pee Wee movie? That would be very interesting to see.
            Last edited by Frankie's Market; September 24, 2009, 08:08 PM.
            This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
              Don't forget about Phil Hartman as Captain Carl and Law & Order's S.Epatha Merkerson as Reba the Mail Lady.
              Oh, right! Thanks!

I remember when I first saw Pee Wee's Big Adventure this

scared the heck out of me.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
                It's been rumored for years that Paul Reubens would one day resurrect his long moth-balled Pee Wee personna for a comeback.
                He's also on Twitter.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
                  Oh, there were loads of adult humor, satire and innuendo in every episode of Pee Wee's Playhouse.
                  The cable version of Pee Wee's Playhouse had a lot more innuendoes than what was allowed on the children's tv version of the show.

Comment

I love Pee Wee Herman (the character.) I must say that I've probably seen "Pee Wee's Big Adventure" over 150 times, as much as "A Hard Day's Night." That film was full of innuendoes as well.... and aimed at 13 year old girls.

Comment

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...urn=nfl-wp4624

How bout them Cowboys?

Comment

My favorite music video of all time: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVKsd8z6scw
                        Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
                          My favorite music video of all time: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVKsd8z6scw
                          It's gotta be the shoes.

Comment

Reuben's tippy-toe dancing was a gimmick he was using even before he invented "Pee Wee Herman."

The Gong Show
                            This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Pee Wee Herman made a cameo appearance on The Family Guy's spoof on Star Wars. The show usually has a just one joke appearance. But, it had a follow up appearance towards the end of the show.

Comment

Working...
                              X