Where can you walk your dog?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where can you walk your dog?

I read with interest this recent article "Police Cite Dog Walkers Along Kapiolani Park". Years ago, walking dogs in Kapiolani Park and Waikiki seemed to be perfectly legal.

"I enjoy all the popular youth trends like, piloting motor coaches, and uh, collecting dog waste!"

So, yes, I am a responsible dog owner, but I suppose there were a few irresponsibles that ruined it for everyone.

How far have the restrictions gone? Would any dog owners here care to recommend any decent places?

Re: Where can you walk your dog?

That's really sad. If a person has their dog on a leash and picks up after them, I don't see why they shouldn't be allowed in the park. Why not ticket the irresponsible owners instead of an all-out ban? What's next, banning all picnics because of the people who litter?

The Hawaiian Humane Society has a list of dog friendly parks, although if these regulations are a recent thing, I'm not sure how accurate it is. I notice it does mention the "Medial Strip at Kapiolani Park" as dog friendly (on leash).
    Four Thousand Miles (blog) | MacRatLove (comic)
    Better Holes and Garbage (rats) | Perfectly Inadequate (music)

Comment

Thanks for the link, sophielynette!

Comment

Right on! Public dog parks permit friendly interaction for canines and lots of FUN!
        Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
        ~ ~
        Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
        Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
        Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

How about walking the dog yoyo trick?

Comment

Dog or Dawg?
            Last edited by Walkoff Balk; September 28, 2009, 06:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sophielynette View Post
              That's really sad. If a person has their dog on a leash and picks up after them, I don't see why they shouldn't be allowed in the park. Why not ticket the irresponsible owners instead of an all-out ban? What's next, banning all picnics because of the people who litter?

The Hawaiian Humane Society has a list of dog friendly parks, although if these regulations are a recent thing, I'm not sure how accurate it is. I notice it does mention the "Medial Strip at Kapiolani Park" as dog friendly (on leash).
              Absolutely agree and my 'name' conveys those sentiments! LL

Comment

Slightly off-topic, but a related and amusing true story:

I was at a birthday party at Ala Moana Beach Park several years ago. Some friends and I are sitting in our foldable chairs eating when an older woman walks past us with her dog. A few feet past us, they stop as her dog takes a crap. When it's done, she begins to walk away without picking it up.

"Hey", my friend yells, "That's a really ugly pig you got there!"
                The woman ignores him and continues to walk away.
                "HEY", he yells again, louder, "I SAID THAT'S A REALLY UGLY PIG YOU GOT THERE!"
                The woman turns around, walks up to us stomping her feet, and with her nose turned up in a prissy angry voice, she says "He's not a pig, he's a bull terrier!"
                Without missing a beat, my friend replies "I was talking to the bull terrier."

Oh man, I laughed so hard, I actually fell out of my chair.

Comment

https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2021/0...hawaii-island/

Some dog walkers think they own the sidewalk when they walk their dog without a lease.

Comment

Japan's 'Rent' a Dog for an Hour Is Such a Brilliant Idea to Let Shelter Dogs Out (yahoo.com)

Why pay when you can get paid to walk a dog?

Comment

Working...
                    X