Christmas in September

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas in September

I just walked through the lower level of Sears Ala moana after running an errand - and most of the area formerly occupied by lawn furniture has been replaced by artificial Christmas trees and ornaments. This is September 30, right?

Re: Christmas in September

Retail Business is bringing out stuff like Christmas awfully early and Halloween has not passed yet either whether we like it or not. It's all about the $$$ but... consumers will not be actually spending on Christmas stuff until the end of October and thru November it will eventually speed up. Who knows in 2010 Christmas will make its appearance in August.

Comment

Didya see any signs of Halloween or Thanksgiving?!

Comment

If it's just the artificial Christmas trees and ornaments that they are bring out I wouldn't worry to much about it.

I would worry if they start piping in Christmas music, setting up a chair for the Santa to question the kids on what they want for Christmas and bringing out the Hickory Farms stuff to be sold.

Comment

All I can say is...
          Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Menehune Man View Post
            All I can say is...
            Ditto
            Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

I don't understand why they continue to do this if consumers hate it so much. It's making me start to hate Christmas and that's not a good thing. And they're starting to do it for other holidays too, which is really kind of stupid. Like they bring out Halloween stuff here as soon as Sept 1st hits. Seriously? Who's going to buy their bags of Halloween candy to hand out two months early? Most moms won't b/c they know their kids will try to get into it.

And Valentine's Day. They bring that out a week into January. Again- who honestly buys their loved one a Valentine's present from a CVS or something the first week of Janurary? I'm still recovering from Christmas! Last thing I want to think about is another damn holiday!

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

Unfortunately everything is market-driven and it's the consumer that determines what sells and when.

Comment

you gotta wonder if for every one of us who finds the earliness of this annoying, there's like 10 people who welcome it. I've never met anyone but there has to be some kind of market research out there that tells them it's beneficial to sacrifice the floor space right?

My first encounter was this past weekend while at Lowes buying insulation.
                  -kp!

Comment

I was getting some supplies at City Mill yesterday afternoon and they already have artificial Christmas trees on display. Ack.
                    Like previous posters, I don't know anyone who enjoys the early Christmas stuff. If I was king of the world I'd ban Christmas sales and ads until after Thanksgiving.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

It must be an individual store decision at City Mill. I was at CM in Waianae this week-end and didn't see anything resembling Christmas. Thankfully!

Comment

If the owner of the store wants to put them up in June, more power to 'em. Don't know how much of a response that would get.

These days most big firms do studies on things like how early is too early to affect sales or what the price should be for a certain demographic area. I wonder if they calculated sept. 30 as the best time for max sales during the holidays.

Comment

Stores put their stuff out earlier and earlier, trying to beat the other guy. Me, I wait for after Christmas sales.

Comment

Two words:
                            Bah Humbug!

Comment

Originally posted by Honoruru View Post
                              Two words:
                              Bah Humbug!
                              OOOOOOooooooo...the sound of chains...ooooooOOOOOOO

Comment

Working...
                              X