Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bread maker is coming backout now that winter is here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bread maker is coming backout now that winter is here.

Got my bits and pieces and now ready to make all kinds of breads

Re: Bread maker is coming backout now that winter is here.

Winter? OMG, it's almost 90 degrees outside!

Comment

Dang the heat and humidity coulda fooled me! Tonight is a hot and muggy evening. Got all the windows open and sitting at my computer in shorts and teeshirt batting away the mosquitoes. I think I need another shower.
      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

I need to get thee to A/C asap. Bring on winter, breadmaker or no breadmaker. I WANT WINTER!

Comment

We have already had some sleet and frost. There are two wonderful ladies in their eighties in my street. I make the bread for them and have a supply of butter and other bits and pieces.

Don't forget that I am on the the other side of the world and October is the start of winter for us. Howling gales, sleet and snow, iced pavements.
          I get a Jobaxi/Taxi to take me to the super marrket every week or so. Buy stuf in for the neighbours. We have a joke sharing in it out into our freezer bags.
          Last edited by Barry; October 5, 2009, 08:27 PM.

Comment

**sigh...***

A fan pushing muggy air ain't helpin'. I'm stickin' my head in the freezer again. I made some mint jelly yesterday and thought I would die over the hot stove. I think I'll just chew the leaves....

Comment

Barry - you sound like a really good friend to have if a person is a neighbor. Good on you!
              "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
              – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Gosh I was over in England 2 years ago, oh crap, today!....NOOOOOOO.... I miss the lazy lifestyle of travelling....

on to my comment.... 2 years ago in Salibury it was in the mid 70's and sunny! Traveling thru Salibury a month later and it was still in the upper 50's and grey. Scotland, tho, was in the 40's on average and horizontal rain about half the time, tho on Thanksgiving day, it was a balmy 35 and mostly.....grey! LOL The next day was beautiful and COLD!

ah, enough reminiscing...sigh
                Expect me when you see me.....

Comment

Pour a cup and a half of almost boiling water into the bread machine. Add a walnut of butter cup of bran, one of cooked (and dehydrated) wheatberries, and a cup of porridge oats. Then add two big spoonfuls of powdered milk, one of sugar, a teaspoon of salt, and enough wholewheat and rye flour to make it perfect. Add a packet of ready-mix yeast and punch the start button.

Bread machines can also be used for making cakes, bar cookies, jams and jellies, pizza dough, and donuts. And homemade playdough.

PS try this..take out the dough before rising and roll it into snakes and wrap hotdogs into the snakes (think python encircling rabbit), then let rise and bake.

PPS don't forget brioche
                  http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
                  http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

Fresh baked bread smells soooo good. I never got tired of it when I lived 5 minutes from a bread factory.

Winter.... yeah, that ugly beast. Round here, farmers almanac people are sayin we're gonna be in for a lot of snow this year. i can hardly contain my enthusiasm [\sarcasm]

I find I tend to do a lot of baking in the oven which makes use of the excess heat the thing puts out.

Fave fun with the bread!
                    -kp!

Comment

I make a few croissants and pop them in the bread maker, then put the time switch on so they are gorgeous for when I get up. Then I put the bread in. There are no preservatives in the bread mix,
                      so the loaves don't
                      last as long as store bought ones.

Two of my neighbours are in their late 80's and both are named Eileen. To avoid confusion we call one Queenie. They get the first two loaves with a warning to let them cool in case they get indigestion. lol I know they don't heed my warning.

Comment

PK loves making all kinds of breads.

I love the ones with the NUTS! ha ha ha

Auntie Lynn
                        Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                        Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

I know I am going to spell this wrong Auntie Lynn but I drop a home made loaf off at the Presbertary (priiests house) next to the church. I pass Sommerfield supermarket and get them some butter.

They get a few homeless people calling there and Agnes the housekeeper will not send them away without something to eat.
                          Last edited by Barry; October 6, 2009, 01:21 PM.

Comment

Nothing like the aroma of fresh-baked bread! Slathered with sweet, creamy butter when it's hot and fresh. Mmmm. Haven't gotten the knack of baking yeast breads via the oven but we've been using our Zujirushi (I think the best on the market) for years. DH does the breads and rolls, also sweet rolls like cinnamon rolls. I do the non-yeast type breads and biscuits in the oven. Very rarely do I buy store-bought bread and rolls.

Comment

I have a bread maker that makes 1.5 lb loaves. Almost all recipes are for for 2 lb loaves. It's such a pain to have to adjust the recipe, so I usually make the same thing over and over.

Comment

Working...
                              X