X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tattrat's trials

Originally posted by TATTRAT View Post
    hangin in there dear.

This Friday is my "medical" day this week: oncology, radiology, rhumotology(sp?)and I think that is it? Yeah, pulmonary is Monday. . .find out in 2/3 weeks now what approach they are going to go with for the lymphoma stuff(Chcemotherapy and what not).

The sarcoidosis, I am officially on the chronic side, is what concerns me. I am already on 80mg of prednisone [...]
    Aha...there's the reason for the insomnia, huh?!

Can't say you don't have a lot on your plate right now but, DAYAM, your positive attitude is gonna be your best medicine. Just take one day at a time and what you should do with your life in the immediate future will present itself to you.

Stay strong and find reasons to laugh. Laughter is another best medicine!

Comment

yeah, the side effects seem to scare me more then the treatment. Apparently, this has been in me for quite some time. I have always been a fish, needed the ocean, thought that moving to DC was what got me sick, but apparently I was goon a be what I was gonna be regardless...

The pulmonary fibrosis is part of the sarcoid that baffles me, and scares me. They(Doctors)said it was shocking that I was doing what I do. My blood saturation levels were alarmingly low, I have been in the water my whole life and surfed Sunset up until the weenkend I left my beloved 808. I mean, I know there were times where I felt like I got punched in the dick by a robot caveman or something, I just though "Hey, I am getting some age on me, no biggie". If anything, makes me wish I had gone to the doctor a long time go, just to do the check ups and stuff. That is what I hope is stopable/reversable. The scare of the whole cancer thing I know is highly treatable and I can face that, no worries.

Anywho, you are right tutu, positive positive positive, that's the way to face it, that's the way Iam gunna. Like I said earlier, just a speedbump. TOo young to say eff it, and old enough to know better.
      flickr

An email from God:
      To: People of Earth
      Date: 9/04/2007
      Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
      God

Comment

Yo Tatt feller,

In the blue corner we've got Tatt and all his mates and in the red corner, illness. We come out fighting at the bell this weekend. There is no doubt in my mind who will win. That positive attitude of yours will be the winner.

Comment

Hey, Tatt! I had to look up "sarcoidosis" in Wikipedia. It's scary when you have something you never heard of. That sucks! But at least you're taking this head-on and have a positive attitude. That's surely a good thing; and maybe that's all you need. Wishing you the best.

Comment

yeah, the side effects seem to scare me more then the treatment.[...]
            You're definitely not alone in that fear. But, hey, some people have no side effects so there's always the chance you'll be one of 'em.

Comment

Lots of big time prayers come your way Tatt. You're positive attitude
              will do wonders for you in the days, weeks, months to come. God is on
              your side.

Comment

Tatt.......I totally love your positive attitude and sense of humor as you face your speed bump in life! I always tell my patients that their illness at first may seem like they are on a roller coaster .... that there will be good days and there will be bad days ... to enjoy the he** out of the good days.... and as their body gets cleaned of the toxins that have been building up (they are usually all just starting dialysis when I first meet them), that they should have more and more of those good days! Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
                By the way...you never did answer whether you live close to Springfield, VA...where my sis and her hubby moved to not too long ago...

Comment

thanks for all the support, all!

Alohacandy, sorry, I missed that. Yeah, I am about 20min from Springfield, or 45min via metro. Not too far distance wise, but the traffic is always crappy.
                  flickr

An email from God:

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
                  God

Comment

I'm not sure if this can help, but I had a friend who went to Loma Linda University Hospital in California and underwent Proton Radiation treatment to cure his cancer. It worked. He told me it was less invasive than standard Chemotherapy.

I understand Queen's Medical Center on Oahu is looking at building such a center in Honolulu.
                    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

COupled with a few great books I have had the chance to read, aprt of me want to sell off all my possesions and hit the road. Another part of me wants to focus on my career, be the best I can be and see what happens. At this point, being newly single(well, 9 months I think), young(31), having no "real" tie downs, and a potential illness that can wipe me out, I am seriously considering hitting the road and documenting it all through my lens. . . still might be over ambitious/a pipe dream at this point, but it sure has go tme thinking! I, until Carrie, had always been nomadic, and can't think of a reason to not resume that lifestyle.
                      Wow, Tatt, I had no idea we were only a few years apart in age (avatars are misleading!). You are my husband's age, and I will be 29 in Jan.

I think your idea of hitting the road and documenting it is a great idea. You said you enjoyed your nomadic existence; you have a whole o'hana waiting for you in Oahu...what better place to start your journey? There are plenty of things to film and capture there, and when you continue to get better and regain strength, you can always move on to another section of our country. You'll always have a place in Texas to stop in!

It's your life, and if this is what you think you want to do with it- I say go for it. Make sure you have adequate medical care, then go. Don't end up being stuck in a cube for the next five years wondering "what if?" And for centuries, doctors have always agreed sunshine and fresh air was good for everybody.

*Big hug today from me* Yes, from SG. And I'm not a touchy, feely sort of person!

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

So many mahalos and much more love to my extended e-family.

Craig, AWESOME source, and thanks for the suggestion! I have a bit more time before I find out where the next fork in my road is, and at this point I have a machete ready to split things as need be. BUT, anyhting that is less invasive/more tolerable, is sounding pretty solid. The shit I am on now basically has all the side effects of chemo, minus the hair loss. It sucks, I am too young to feel so old. I could easily be defeated by a pack of angry 8 year olds at this point. . .so I am fending kids off, just to be safe.

Surlygirl, this illness, just like age, seems to be indiscriminate. Thanks a million for your kind words and support. Love your hubby(as he should you), you never know what the next day will bring. Live, love, and luagh often.

Oh, never take "life" so seriously either, you wont get out alive.
                        flickr

An email from God:

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
                        God

Comment

Tatt...are you trying to work while going thru the side effects?

My sweet, little colleague/gal pal, Ashley, was dx'd with Hodgkin's Disease (a form of lymphoma) almost 2 years ago, at the age of 28. I forget what film she was working on at the time but the producer was kind enough to allow her to work on the days she felt up to it. That could be anywhere from one to 3 days during the week. And, sometimes zero. She, like you, complained of feeling so old. And she, just like you, had a great attitude. She finished her chemo and radiation about 1 1/2 years ago and you'd never guess she'd hit a speed bump in life. She's my hero.

Comment

Tatty, what is it that you like doing that you get lost in 'cause it's so fun or relaxing? Use that to distract yourself from the chemo ickiness as much as possible. My Dad discovered Nintendo and Playstation, he'd spend hours playing games when the chemo got to him.

Another thing to keep an eye on is your teeth, if you don't have one, get with your oncologist and see if s/he can hook you up with a dentist that's had experience with folks going through chemo.

Oh yeah...and if anyone comes at you to take blood or anything that's gonna breach your skin...and YOU didn't see em wash up first or change their gloves before touching you....

Smack the snot out of em!!

They know better and you don't need to beat the lymphoma only to be taken out by something stupid like a unaware dentist or a lazy phlebotomist.

Comment

Originally posted by Honoruru View Post
                              Hey, Tatt! I had to look up "sarcoidosis" in Wikipedia.
                              I had to look it up too. Wow, Tatt, Ive been following this thread for a while, and Im really in a state of disbelief. You are too young (my age, actually!), and I just cant find eloquent words to express how sorry I am that you are going thru this, and how hopeful I am for your healing and your future.

Out of curiosity, and I hope you dont mind me asking, how did you find out you were sick? Was it sudden, or did you have symptoms that you didnt recognize before the docs asked, or...?
                              ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

Oh, and WOOT for keeping your hair!! Thats great!
                                ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

Working...
                                X