2009 Nobel Peace Prize

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2009 Nobel Peace Prize

Welcome to HT, Da Bears. You'll find, once you've spent a bit more time on board, that political viewpoints are expressed pretty openly around here. Basically telling a long-time member of the community to shut up, with your first-and-only (to date, though you joined a looooong tiime ago) post, is rather rude behavior.

Introduce yourself to us - let us know more about who you are and about your world, rather than coming out of the gate slapping people down, 'kay? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
      Welcome to HT, Da Bears. You'll find, once you've spent a bit more time on board, that political viewpoints are expressed pretty openly around here. Basically telling a long-time member of the community to shut up, with your first-and-only (to date, though you joined a looooong tiime ago) post, is rather rude behavior.

Introduce yourself to us - let us know more about who you are and about your world, rather than coming out of the gate slapping people down, 'kay? Thanks.
      Meh. We have a history of Presidents who screwed things (even Clinton who screwed ... ahem).

Sorry, but I don't give a rat's ass about what people in Iran think about us nor our NATO allies. Like I learned from Civilization games and Survivor reality show, your alliance can only go so far.
      Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

ha ha ha!

Originally posted by Da Bears View Post
        blah blah blah
        Did you join just for that moment in the sun?

Introduce yourself to us.
        And then PM me for what I really think.

Originally posted by Random View Post
        Sorry, but I don't give a rat's ass about what people in Iran think about us.
        The 'people' of Iran were tossed into this mess by the US and have been victimized worse than they were under Saddam, and are largely still without the many basics-of-life we touted as coming there to give them in exchange for trampling over them, for nothing. The Afghani's say we are worse than the Russians! And the Ruskies were extremely horrendous during their years of invasion.
        There are millions of Iraqi's that are very much like Americans in their lifestyles and thinkings, and they care about us infinitely more than we care about them. These are the ones that will suffer the most when we leave. We owe them big time, but will leave without doing our duty in assuring they are better off. That's become The American Way.
        https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Re: ha ha ha!

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
          The 'people' of Iran were tossed into this mess by the US and have been victimized worse than they were under Saddam, and are largely still without the many basics-of-life we touted as coming there to give them in exchange for trampling over them, for nothing.
          I dunno. Under Saddam, everything's provided for them, so they didn't think much for themselves and were content with that way of life. Now with the new-found freedom, few realized they have to do things for themselves, while others are waiting for the US for handouts.

The Afghani's say we are worse than the Russians! And the Ruskies were extremely horrendous during their years of invasion.
          Which is why we must step up with our humanitarian works over there. Unfortunatley, the humanitarians can't work over there without security assurance. That means Obama will have to consider increasing troop strength for that purpose.

That and our attitude. You see, we can leave that arid desert of a place. But the Afghans have to live there.

Comment

Uhhh, Random? Was I supposed to find the connection between your quote of my comment to Da Bears and your followup? Cause I missed it.

Comment

Under Saddam, everything was provided for them, so they didn't think much for themselves and were content with that way of life. Now with the new-found freedom, few realized they have to do things for themselves, while others are waiting for the US for handouts.
              There is that percentage, but we tend to think everyone in the mid-East is an ignorant desert dweller without much more than his turban. Millions exist much like any of us, look like us, act like us, and even simply like us. They are very Americanized and we've blown it with them. Under Saddam, it was barely tollerable, same when the Shah was leader. Brutal one man rule with cronies getting everything and the rest scrounging for themselves. And out of that came some very fine people. They just don't get seen much.

Comment

Uhhh, Random? Was I supposed to find the connection between your quote of my comment to Da Bears and your followup? Cause I missed it.
                There is no connection. That's why I'm Random.

Comment

They just don't get seen much.
                  Exactly. I got friends who have friends in the military serving over there emailing me pictures to remind me that there are some good things happening over there, despite the media's direction.

Though the pictures stop coming when Obama is elected. Coincidence?

Comment

There are indeed many good things happening, but most of what the former admin. touted endlessly, like new schools, hospitals, power plants, etc. have been rendered useless by corrupt contractors and subs that built 'sick' buildings that need to be torn down because there was no oversight. Human rights for women/children has been abandoned. The oil pipelines, which is why we're over there in the first place and will never leave, is constantly bombed to uselessness and rebuilt with our tax dollars. It's an endless snake pit. No matter how much real good we are doing is greatly overstepped by the bad we've done and the pointless attempts at rebuilding the infrastructure. Most of Baghdad is still mostly without friggin electricity!
                    The only example in history of insurgents/guerillas winning a war against a regular army is the US against the British empire. And that's only because of the wide ocean seperation and the eventual attrition they were faced with.
                    Sad, but there is no winning in the matters in the mid-East. The Cheney's of this era have mortally wounded the entire world. The only win we can salvage is to cut our losses now and beat it out of there before more troops are dead, not to mention more trillions of $ wasted.
                    Last edited by Ron Whitfield; November 4, 2009, 07:03 AM.

Comment

There is no connection. That's why I'm Random.
                      Ah, thank you. Orange fish mower to you, then. (Wait - that's not so much "random" as "surreal.")

Comment

Ah, thank you. Orange fish mower to you, then. (Wait - that's not so much "random" as "surreal.")
                        Hmm. A Fish Mower. Now that's an interesting invention, worthy of a Nobel Prize. Heck, it's better than TNT.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
                          It's fitting for Clinton, as far as it relates to Kosovo. You get a larger-than-life statue for an achievement
                          When did they erect the Bill Clinton statue?

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
                            When did they erect the Bill Clinton statue?
                            The Clinton statue have an erection?

How ... appropriate.

Maybe we should give Obama a Clinton Prize.

Comment

Does Monica have a new career keeping it polished?

Comment

Maybe we should give Obama a Clinton Prize.
                                He already has a Secretary of State.

Comment

Working...
                                X