X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hawaii Five-O 2.0 - Take Two!

Originally posted by turtlegirl View Post
    Tutusue is 100% correct. If you would like to continue to see movies and television series filmed in Hawaii, then you need to support the film office, or else our film industry is doomed.

If Hawaiis entertainment industry is something you care about, please take a moment to email or write to Ms. Lingle at -

The Honorable Linda Lingle, Governor, State of Hawaii, Executive Chambers, State of Capitol, Honolulu, HI 96813.
    Email: governor.lingle@hawaii.gov

Mahalo nui
    That's a good start, TG, but the bottom line is that the film industry contributes lotsa MOOLAH to the state's economy. Jean Higgins pointed out at the Sept. 3 hearing that based on the HFO's expenses vs production income to the state the state realizes a...2000% return on it's money. Please reread that, everyone. A 2000% RETURN. I had 2 CDs mature this month. Where the heck can I find that kind of return? Nowhere...so I settled for 2%.
    Originally posted by DannyWilliams View Post
    Hawaii Five-O would not be Five-O if its filmed anywhere else other than the islands itself. Might as well just call it Five-O
    Shoot, might as well film it in Alaska and call it Four-9!
    Originally posted by DannyWilliams View Post
    If they do film in Hawaii they gotta show the HILARIOUS action car scenes where an intense moment when McGarrett is in Waikiki driving along Ala Wai, next shot you see the car passing the fountain followed the next camera action shot is in Downtown Honolulu.
    This kind of creative license happens in every production! It becomes more apparent in an on-going series and then only to those who know the area. But you already knew that! *ggg*

Comment

Found this today with details of the casting call put out for the new series. TutuSue, I'd guess this casting call was in Hollywood, but would they typically contact folks like yourself to recruit locally as well? Let's hope they cast at least a couple of local people as regulars, like in the original series. We've all seen enough cringe-worthy attempts at pidgin by Hollywood actors portraying kama'aina on the screen.

(Or for that matter, non-actors as well. I'm lookin' at you, Beth Chapman!)

Comment

Hawaii Five-O 2.1 / LOST connection!

Big news for fans of either show! Looks like Daniel Dae-Kim is going to stay in town once LOST wraps to keep an eye on his burger joint...

'Lost' actor joins 'Hawaii Five-O'

Much as I like DDK, Chin Ho just won't be the same without the stoic, gravel-voiced Kam Fong. He always reminded me of my grandpa when I was a kid.

Comment

Hawaii 5-0 remake thread

Look's like Daniel Dae Kim is set to be included as Chin Ho Kelly, Kam Fong's old character - http://www.tvsquad.com/2010/02/08/lo...ii-5-0-remake/
          https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Will there be an "as Kono" character?

Comment

KGMB reported tonight that Alex O'Loughlin has been cast for the role of Steve McGarrett.

Comment

THE Alex O'Loughlin?!...

Well, I guess it's better than a face we know.

Comment

They should just cast Andy Bumatai as all roles in Hawaii 5-0 and call it Ohana 5-0

I think I'd rather watch Andy doing that for a season rather than some remake of an Iconic TV show.
                  Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
                    They should just cast Andy Bumatai as all roles in Hawaii 5-0 and call it Ohana 5-0
                    I like it!

Comment

Good one, Craig . . .Andy can/could be any ethnicity, age, degree-of-seriousness, etc. He could be the bad guy(s), too.

Comment

Re: Hawaii Five-O 2.1 / LOST connection!

Originally posted by NoCal Boy View Post
                        Big news for fans of either show! Looks like Daniel Dae-Kim is going to stay in town once LOST wraps to keep an eye on his burger joint...

Much as I like DDK, Chin Ho just won't be the same without the stoic, gravel-voiced Kam Fong. He always reminded me of my grandpa when I was a kid.
                        Chin Ho Kelly is supposed to be the father of 8 children, ranging in age from young adults to grade school kids. If DDK doesn't "age" himself for the role, he won't be very convincing. Also, can he speak Chinese, like Kam Fong often did with the Chinese-speaking characters?

If DDK wants "in" on the cast of the new Hawaii Five-O, I don't think it would be wise to shoe-horn him into the Chin Ho character from the old show. Rather, they should have him play the part of a more youthful Korean-American police officer.
                        This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Does anyone know if it will actually be filmed in Hawai'i? I'm so excited for this to happen, although it will require my highest 'suspension of disbelief' to see the two actors slated for those two roles take over for Kam Fong and Jack Lord.

I'm big fans of the younger actors, and I do realize that CBS is gearing for a younger audience, so I'll just have to try not to compare the new to old show. I'll give it a chance, based on its entertainment value, and see if I like it. Actually, I pretty much watch anything that's filmed in Hawai'i, no matter if it's dumb or not.... I just like the scenery.

...still miss 'Byrds of Paradise'

barb

Comment

That they are aiming towards an audience that for the most part has little clue about quality, as in how to make even a stupid show good, doesn't bode well for the overall, or it's shelf life expectancy.

They'll probably do minimal local shoots and be mostly a mainland product.

In the end as far as the new talent, I'll say McGarrett's hair alone could beat them all in a fight.

Comment

Boooooo, Ron!! Don't be so negative!! Nobody knows where the locations dept and the creators have agreed on shooting, yet, so I'm gonna stay positive! Bring it here, Hawaii 5.0!!
                              ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

Re: Hawaii Five-O 2.1 / LOST connection!

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
                                Chin Ho Kelly is supposed to be...
                                Part Chinese? Hapa? Or is "Kelly" a Chinese surname?

Maybe we should change it to Shin Ho Kim.
                                Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Working...
                                X