Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Hibiscuses are all grey!

Oahu now part of the traffic problem in lower Puna

Default Re: The Hibiscus' are all grey!

Quote Originally Posted by tutusue View Post
    ...and Twitter!
    Such as our moderator
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Quote Originally Posted by scrivener View Post
    Clearly, I wasn't referring to you, Lynn. Seriously. But whoEVER I was referring to has no reason to be apologetic anyway. Again, I'm not talking about ONE THING; I'm talking about a combination of things that for whatever reason make the experience here not as good for me as it was a few years ago, when YOU were already here and participating.
    I think we have an apology thread for that Scriv...DOH!!! Actually when I started this thread it was just an observation that it was a slow day for HT...that's all. Kinda like people who use Twitter...they just make random observations of themselves throughout the day. No biggie

Quote Originally Posted by scrivener View Post
    Clearly, I wasn't referring to you, Lynn.
    Thank you.

And Criag this thread is cool.

It's making the old timers come out.

Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Wow this was just a simple observation on my part. I had no idea it would create this many responses.

Hey look the sun's setting!

Quote Originally Posted by Seeking Penance View Post
    LMFAO

...seeking penance is pulling cyber legs...i'm not getting married....
    *waves @ surlygirly* hi cupcake
    *waves back* Hi, SP! I'm sad you're not getting married. I was all excited about seeing panoramic pink poufy pictures, and yay for you! (I guess that should be reversed) And how much fun to talk about! Could we just pretend you're getting married and plan it all out anyway? Then you could pull it all together in a week in case of emergency.

What's interesting here? Let's see. I got a cute charcoal gray sweater coat. I got my 17th pair of flops this evening (A&M, in maroon with gray straps). Jason thinks I have waaay too many, but I think 17 pairs is just about right. 3 more and I can fill my shoe cubby.

Guess that's it for now.

Can't think of anything creative this time

Quote Originally Posted by craigwatanabe View Post
    Slow meaning not much action going on this morning.
    Action? So, it is about Hibiscus the K-bar.

Hey look the sun's setting!
    I heard one guy ask another person if that was the sun on the horizon. The other person said he didn't know if that was the sun because he isn't from here.

Actually when I started this thread it was just an observation that it was a slow day for HT...that's all. Kinda like people who use Twitter...they just make random observations of themselves throughout the day.
    Craiqslists R&R and ForumsHawaii which has over a thousand users on their board at a given time have just a chito more posts in its General Topic thread than here. There's just more choices like there's more tv cable channels.

Default Re: The Hibiscuses are all grey!

To add my lousy two cents to this thread.

I know I have made a decision to not participate in some of the threads as I used to before. Being of a minority political viewpoint, I usually got slammed for my opinions... so I stopped.

Set up my blog(s) and vent there... and on Facebook. And of course Twitter... I maintain 2 Twitter streams.

I come here to monitor the Hawaii Media section, post an occasional photo in the photo sharing thread, read some of the computer/tech stuff, some of the transportation topics, movie, TV and music stuff and that is about it. I occasionally point out misplaced topic threads to the admin... up to him to fix em or not.

I am enjoying watching members slowly surpass my total post count. Pretty soon I will fall off from the motormouth count... I hope.

Through the years I have learned to avoid most if not all of the political threads because many got too nasty or one-sided. Let the like minded people play in those threads, that's fine.

Yes, I am old, set in my ways so sometimes it is best to stay out of the way.
    I'm still here. Are you?

Quote Originally Posted by mel View Post
    [...]I come here to monitor the Hawaii Media section, post an occasional photo in the photo sharing thread, read some of the computer/tech stuff, some of the transportation topics, movie, TV and music stuff and that is about it.[...]
    Isn't that the point, tho', Mel...to read and post to the topics of the reader's interest and ignore those that aren't of interest for whatever reason? Seems to me you've got it right. You have a much broader knowledge of forums like HT than I, but are there people who read all the threads?

OK, I've gotta ask, what are HT "Hibiscuses"???
    Now run along and play, but donít get into trouble.

You have to view HawaiiThreads at the main index where each of the sub-forums are listed. If a sub-forum has a recent thread since the last time you entered it the hibiscus icon on the left would show a redish color.

If the hibiscus icon on the left shows a grey color then no new activity is in that sub-forum.

I'm hibernating.

good Lord it's late we should be sleeping...

Quote Originally Posted by Amati View Post
    OK, I've gotta ask, what are HT "Hibiscuses"???
    Thanks for asking!

Quote Originally Posted by helen View Post
    You have to view HawaiiThreads at the main index where each of the sub-forums are listed. If a sub-forum has a recent thread since the last time you entered it the hibiscus icon on the left would show a redish color.

If the hibiscus icon on the left shows a grey color then no new activity is in that sub-forum.
    and answering!

Quote Originally Posted by tutusue View Post
    Isn't that the point, tho', Mel...to read and post to the topics of the reader's interest and ignore those that aren't of interest for whatever reason? Seems to me you've got it right. You have a much broader knowledge of forums like HT than I, but are there people who read all the threads?
    Yes. I pretty much resigned from the political threads, though I might occasionally lurk but find it's not worth the hassle to post to them much anymore.
    I'm still here. Are you?

Yes. I pretty much resigned from the political threads, though I might occasionally lurk but find it's not worth the hassle to post to them much anymore.
    I stopped too but then again, Obama has done things that even the staunchest Democrats are wondering about. War protesters that have bashed Bush are now focusing on Obama!

But there are other things worth posting, such as the photo-sharing thread and such.

So what is the time duration between a new post and when it turns grey? Before it seemed it could go an entire day before turning grey, now it turns grey after just a couple of hours. For example as I type this it's 10:57 am

I think HT needs some fertilizer.

I think HT needs some fertilizer.
    Get plenty doo doo in the American Asylum topics.

The thing to look for is on the upper right hand corner of the HawaiiThreads display. It is the section that says:

Any unseen threads that have it's latest post more recent than what is stated in the "You last visted:" time will have the hibiscus icon red.

Please be aware if you don't refresh your HawaiiThreads session after a certain amount of time (I don't know this value but it might be in the range of 15 to 30 minutes), it will go stale and will be considered a logout. When do a refresh to HawaiiThreads, that value changes to a more recent time and those hibiscus icons will turn grey even through you haven't read those updated threads.

The strange part is in the past HT would log me out after a few minutes of inactivity. However lately, I can be logged on for days at a time.

Get plenty doo doo in the American Asylum topics.
    I'll take my shovel and go dig some up, should still be ripe eh?

I'll take my shovel and go dig some up, should still be ripe eh?
    The grey hisbiscuses have the dried up ones, the red ones are fresher.

That's no fun for the audience who like the exchange of ideas. Would a radio talk show be interesting if all the callers would say their piece and then say, "I'll hang up and listen" without interaction with the moderator?

I heard it once said that only about 10 to 15% of talk radio listeners actually call in.
    I'm still here. Are you?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast