"V" on ABC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "V" on ABC

Promos of the series V have been shown during Flash Forward. From these promos it seems that this a remake rather a sequel.

Series start on November 3, 2009.

Re: "V" on ABC

Darn, I thought it was something sexual.

Remember when the original series ran on NBC in the 80's, which was on KHON. The scene where the half-alien baby came out right before commercial break, and then we saw Joe Moore passed out behind the anchor desk. That was classic!
    Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Like "Battlestar Galactica" that ran for 4 years, the new "V" is a re-imagining of the original series. It is not a sequel.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/V_%282009_TV_series%29

It's made by some of the same people who did "The 4400". I'll probably check this out when it begins to air.
      I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by mel View Post
        Like "Battlestar Galactica" that ran for 4 years, the new "V" is a re-imagining of the original series. It is not a sequel.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/V_%282009_TV_series%29
        From the source above...
        ...the aliens have won favor among the people of Earth by curing a variety of diseases,...
        Ah, so our pharmaceutical companies are run by aliens.

Figures.

To oppress humanity, one must become a humanitarian.

Comment

The original mini-series and tv series were amongst my favorite guilty pleasures during my early teen years. Loved them all and I still wish Kenny Johnson can get the old cast together and produce something new. Kenny is one of the most fan friendly guys out there, as the producer/creator of some of my most beloved series, i.e. Incredible Hulk, Bionic Man/Woman, V, etc. he'll personally answer any email that is sent his direction. He cares about what the fans think because he knows they help make or break a tv series.

Aj

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
            From the source above...
            Ah, so our pharmaceutical companies are run by aliens.

Figures.

To oppress humanity, one must become a humanitarian.
            Kind of like Obama care.
            I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by mel View Post
              Kind of like Obama care.
              Now, now. Not ALL humanitarians are closet tyrants.

But that's a good example.

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
                Darn, I thought it was something sexual.

Remember when the original series ran on NBC in the 80's, which was on KHON. The scene where the half-alien baby came out right before commercial break, and then we saw Joe Moore passed out behind the anchor desk. That was classic!
                I'll have to look thru my tapes for this, that sounds pretty funny.

Aj

Comment

Originally posted by Kalihiboy View Post
                  I'll have to look thru my tapes for this, that sounds pretty funny.

Aj
                  If you can get away with it, post it on YouTube.

Comment

Who can forget this lovely bundle of joy!

The Classic V Baby from the original NBC TV mini-series, "V: The Final Battle" (1984).
                    Screen captured from my DVD.
                    I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

no one has posted a comment about the remake but i thought it was very well done; definitely captured my attention and as an old firefly fan, i was thrilled to see both Morena Baccarin (hot!) and Alan Tudyk in the new series.

the only bummer is having to wait to watch the rest of the episodes....
                      525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

The new "V" series is added to my weekly watching list. Not bad. They established most of the major premises of the series in the first episode.

The characters are interesting and some of them have parallel names from the original series... Like Erika's son's name is Tyler... though he will probably turn out to be a bad luck baddie like David in the original series, not like the Ham Tyler in TOS that was played by Michael Ironside.

Anna of course is the cutest bad girl on the block and in the sky - a V that would make Diana proud or at least envious. Would be great to see those 2 in a head to head... (Jane Badler played the original Diana).

Of course I am waiting to see who will pop the first green baby.
                        I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Tonight's (3/23) airing of V after Lost is a recap of what's been aired and on Saturday (3/27) two episodes will be aired. I suspect they are repeats but if you haven't seen them (like me) it would be a good time to catch up on the series.

Comment

Just checked the Oceanic Digital cable guide for Saturday night (3/27) and the 2 hour slot at 7pm is now for Dancing with the Stars.

Comment

The "V" commercials are quite entertaining as they are tailored to fit in with ABC shows from which they are promoted with Anna as the spokesperson.
                              I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Working...
                              X