X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Oh mellow out...

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
    Nobody died, or even got hurt.
    So in your "infinite wisdom," the time for family court judges and social workers to intervene is after a child dies or gets hurt.

Bravo, Ron. You have proven yourself a most vigilant advocate for child welfare.

You're flapping your wings over relatively little..
    Now that I know your complacent viewpoint on the matter, I'll take your mockery as a compliment.
    This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Re: Oh mellow out...

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
      1) So in your "infinite wisdom," the time for family court judges and social workers to intervene is after a child dies or gets hurt.
      2) Now that I know your complacent viewpoint on the matter, I'll take your mockery as a compliment.
      1) That's how it's done. Right or wrong, good or bad, you can't have immaculate perception on for every possible problem to intervene. We don't have the recources to do it even if it were humany possible, and it would mirror a police state anyway.
      Our history is full of the examples you've recently put up where it takes a tragedy to get people to do what should have been done ages ago.
      2) So now your feathers are back in proper place?
      https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Re: Balloon Boy: Was it all a hoax?

So, while Ron & Frankie pi$$ at each other, I draw back to excerpt this days-old post, in what will undoubtedly be a vain attempt to get closer to the thread's topic:
        Originally posted by Kaonohi View Post
        Where can one find an unbiased jury with all this publicity and assumption?
        This question always intrigues me, in cases that receive so much media attention. However, I suspect that there are many who, for whatever reason, did not follow the original day-of-floating particularly closely. (I, for one, did not - but probably began learning more about it by following this thread - damn your topicality, HT!) But with each passing day of ongoing discussion, that circle diminishes.

But also, with the march of time, many people move their attention span to other "news' stories - how 'bout those pilots losing their licenses not long after losing their way? (Oop - thread resumes drifting ... just like a boy-less bubble ...)

Comment

I had my TV off the day of the incident and some how my view of events of that day seems that the balloon was unattended and was accidently let loose which then was reported to the authories about a kid being in the balloon.

In the days that followed, there was a video that was shown on TV of an adult male and at least two other people launching the balloon which would seem that launch was not an accident.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
            So, while Ron & Frankie pi$$ at each other, I draw back to excerpt this days-old post, in what will undoubtedly be a vain attempt to get closer to the thread's topic:
            LOL! This, from the person who initially pronounced "Ainokea" on the topic. In the meantime, on his fifth posting on this thread, presumes to act like an arbitrator on a white horse and directing folks back towards what he thinks is closer to the topic.

Thanks for your efforts in this regard, Leo. But the points that Ron and I were debating about (Richard and Mayumi's individual culpability in the hoax, the worthiness or lack thereof of their parenting skills) is very much in tune with why the nation was so fascinated with the balloon boy story...... and why the initial feelings of sympathy that the parents generated when the first story broke out then turned into curiousity and skepticism when little inconsistencies in the story were reported. And then, the disbelief and anger when the media and public found out that the whole thing was a hoax. And through it all, the 3 boys were used by their parents to generate publicity for themselves.

I openly acknowledge getting into many long debates with Ron. But in every case, it's because we both have very strong and impassioned views and opinions on the topic. Are we "pi$$ing" at each other? I wouldn't characterize our debate as such. I don't 'bout you, Leo, but I've seen far, FAR more inflammatory exchanges on HT.

But also, with the march of time, many people move their attention span to other "news' stories - how 'bout those pilots losing their licenses not long after losing their way?
            Indeed. That's an important story. But why wait for others to press that that "New Thread" button? By all means, go ahead and stimulate this forum by creating outlets for discussion on news stories that you think are worthy of discussion. As my high school principal used to say, "Don't sit back. Go act!"
            This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

But also, with the march of time, many people move their attention span to other "news' stories - how 'bout those pilots losing their licenses not long after losing their way? (Oop - thread resumes drifting ... just like a boy-less bubble ...)
              I think this thread was done before under Go Airlines.

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
                I think this thread was done before under Go Airlines.
                That's what I was thinking! And, one of the earliest news reports about the latest incident mentioned something about this situation being the first time it ever happened. Hellooooo...what about Go Airlines!!! Methinks all the pilots involved wish they'd fallen asleep in an attic like balloon boy!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                  Methinks all the pilots involved wish they'd fallen asleep in an attic like balloon boy!
                  Is this scarier than hearing, "My name is Richard Heene, and I'll be your captain on this flight?"

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                    That's what I was thinking! And, one of the earliest news reports about the latest incident mentioned something about this situation being the first time it ever happened. Hellooooo...what about Go Airlines!!! Methinks all the pilots involved wish they'd fallen asleep in an attic like balloon boy!
                    The go! pilots fell asleep, which is alarmingly common when pilots are forced to fly more and sleep less.

The recent incident involves the pilots fully awake using their own personal laptops and therefore lost track of time. This behavior is common on the ground.

Trust me, Facebook is evil.
                    Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

• Re: Balloon Boy: Was it all a hoax?

Originally posted by Random View Post
                      Trust me, Facebook is evil.
                      They probably got accepted into the Civilization Beta!

Comment

Atta boy (or girl...?), FM! I appreciate your input, if only because HT is rather stale these day's due to the neighborhood being abandoned. But at least the issues are being tossed around. Keep it coming, and I'll work on perfecting my aim.

What is it with most of our most important proffessionals being worked into delirium? Flight controllers, doctors, people who's lives are in their hands are forced to stay wide awake for too much time. It's nuts!

Comment

Atta boy (or girl...?), FM!
                          My name is Frankie,.... and you think I might be female? Am I talking to a Prisoner Cell Block H fan?

I appreciate your input, if only because HT is rather stale these day's due to the neighborhood being abandoned. But at least the issues are being tossed around. Keep it coming, and I'll work on perfecting my aim.
                          The feeling is mutual. When it comes to entertainment value, debating you just manages to beat out watching paint dry. LOL!

Don't feel too bad about that. The truth is that I would rather spend my time watching paint dry than suffer through a haranguing by Judge Judy.
                          Last edited by Frankie's Market; October 28, 2009, 08:48 AM.

Comment

My name is Frankie,.... and you think I might be female? Am I talking to a Prisoner Cell Block H fan?
                            Or a Frankie and Johnny fan.

Michelle Pfeiffer???

I kid.

Comment

• And my name is Johnny Cash...

My name is Frankie,.... and you think I might be female?
                              I had a girlfriend long ago named Frankie (Francis, which she hated!), so I don't take it for granted.

Per the paint, if there was more action here I'd tend to just kick back and watch the letters fly thru the air.

Comment

FRANKIE is the 570th most common female first name in the U.S. 0.022% of females in the US are named FRANKIE (around 26,950). Look up Frankie Housley for just one story.

And just to clarify (because you are intelligent and deserve the opportunity for clarity), I had no issue with the points you were discussing (culpability, parenting skills), but with your descent into sarcastic personal attack (starting with post #85), something you tend to do, FM.

Now if you'll excuse me, my horse is getting antsy, so I must ride away (though I do enjoy the view up here).

Comment

Working...
                                X