Yahoo mail problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yahoo mail problem

There's probably a Yahoo thread somewhere but the search turned up too many pages!!!

Every couple of weeks Yahoo asks me to log in. I know to expect this so, no problem. Then, yesterday afternoon, after logging in yesterday morning, I got the log-in notice but my password no longer worked. I sent a request to change it. Yahoo emailed me a hyperlink titled "Reset My Password" however the link didn't work as it's "not syntactically valid". I sent another request with the same result. Thinking there might be a problem with Yahoo's site I waited 'til today to try again. Same result. Every request generates the same email with the bad hyperlink. I can't get to my (mostly unimportant) email! Nor can I find a way to contact them unless I pass myself off as an accredited member of the media!

Any suggestions?

Re: Yahoo mail problem

Both Yahoo and Hotmail had problems last week; it took them a couple of days to solve it. Maybe it's happening again.
    I discovered that when e-mails to a friend of mine kept bouncing back. I'm on RoadRunner, and I called them to try to figure out the problem and that's when I learned about the Yahoo/Hotmail issues. And it was about the same as your problem, with their system not recognizing their own addresses.
    Hopefully it'll be a quick fix, Tutu.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Wow... I'm on my yahoo.com mail account constantly and didn't notice any problems. Phew!
      Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

I use yahoo email and have experienced no recent problems.
        Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
          Any suggestions?
          Gmail.

I realize that this doesn't solve your immediate problems, but it might help avoid a host of future ones.

I've had Hotmail accounts for over a decade, but their last "upgrade" was a huge step backward in ease of use. Since I've moved most of my e-mail over to Gmail, I've noticed that Hotmail has been slowly restoring features that they used to have before the upgrade... and that Gmail had in the first place. Little things as simple as having the "Delete" button at the bottom of the e-mail as well as at the top, or being able to set up a new folder while you're in the process of filing an e-mail instead of having to start all over again with "new folder" creation and then going back to file the e-mail.

Eventually I'm going to have to set up IMAP forwarding and download over a decade of Hotmail folders. But I suspect it's going to go a lot better with Gmail and open-source software programs than with Microsoft products.
          Youth may be wasted on the young, but retirement is wasted on the old.
          Live like you're dying, invest like you're immortal.
          We grow old if we stop playing, but it's never too late to have a happy childhood.
          Forget about who you were-- discover who you are.

Comment

That's all greek to me, Nords!!! Fortunately, as I mentioned before, the majority of email is unimportant. I use that addy when registering at some online sites; ones I know I probably won't use again. Still, I'd like to know why everything worked in the morning then fell apart in the afternoon!

Comment

It's working now!

Comment

hi,i also use yahoo and so far no problem's only with im's that if someone yourself may have knew many year's and they dont use yahoo and when you either tried to im or em them and then a message come's out and say's the person doesnt use im or em,then yourself would know that that's one problem if the person wont im or em you only not much for me on that so i thought to share my thought's with everyone.

well thank's for your time

Comment

Sansei...with all due respect...I have no idea what you wrote.

Comment

Sansei...I have no idea what you wrote.

Tutusue, I'm on yahoo a lot. I've had no problems with yahoo . . . none. My only trivial complaint is that my yahoo mail converts to the "later" version, then reverts back to the "older" which I prefer.

Hope your troubles don't reappear.
                    Born in Hawaii, too - Truss me

Comment

I think sansei is trying to relate their experience in using Yahoo's Instant Messaging service (im in the message) and Yahoo's email (em).

Comment

hi,in response to moderator helen,

thank you, that is what i wished to share,i hope i didnt confuse anyone?

My apologies if i may have confused anyone on this subject.

well thank's for your time

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                          Sansei...with all due respect...I have no idea what you wrote.
                          Translation: If can can...if no can no can
                          Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by Palama Kid View Post
                            Sansei...I have no idea what you wrote.

Tutusue, I'm on yahoo a lot. I've had no problems with yahoo . . . none. My only trivial complaint is that my yahoo mail converts to the "later" version, then reverts back to the "older" which I prefer.

Hope your troubles don't reappear.

I'm a diehard Yahoo mail guy with about 15-years on it. AND I hate it when they update their mail interface. Suddenly it's not a "Compose" tab but a "New" tab and you're looking all over that page for that tab. Same goes for the log out tab and the "contacts" tab. I stick to the Yahoo Mail Classic view for peace of mind.
                            Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
                              I stick to the Yahoo Mail Classic view for peace of mind.
                              http://www.theverge.com/2013/6/2/438...r-targeted-ads

No more Yahoo Mail Classic.

Comment

Working...
                              X