Bon Jovi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bon Jovi

Bon Jovi is kicking off a two year world tour this spring, so far no confirmation of dates in Honolulu. When was the last time they played here, late 80's?

Aj

http://www.livedaily.com/news/bon-jo...010-20472.html

Re: Bon Jovi

I believe it was in 88'.

Comment

Originally posted by na alii View Post
      I believe it was in 88'.
      I've seen pictures from the group when they made an appearence at the Hard Rock Cafe, was that when it first opened?

Aj

Comment

I'll have to dig out my photo album and look at the ticket stub. I save the ticket stubs from the concert. I also took pictures of the concert.

Comment

I think the Hard Rock opened in 1987. I don't remember Bon Jovi having anything to do with it. I do remember that Crowded House was the first group to perform there in celebration of the opening.
          But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
          GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
            I think the Hard Rock opened in 1987. I don't remember Bon Jovi having anything to do with it. I do remember that Crowded House was the first group to perform there in celebration of the opening.
            I think that is all correct as well. Somewhere I have a photo of the group with the radio station that sponsored the show, looks either like a press conference or an autograph signing, not sure. My wife was a huge fan, the picture probably is her's but at the moment I don't know where it is in the house. Would be nice if they came back for a show, but I think the Blaisdell is too small, unless they did 2 shows, might be worthwhile to them then.

Aj

Comment

October 16, 1987 "Slippery When Wet Tour"

January 13-15, 1989 "New Jersey Tour"

Comment

I received an email from Ticketmaster they list all acts coming here, but dont list specific dates, Bon Jovi is listed....maybe this is one of the major concert announcements Tom Moffatt has up his sleeve!

Aj

Comment

I got that email too and came here to see if anyone had any information... hmmm... strange!

Have you seen 'When We Were Beautiful' - the Bon Jovi documentary now showing on Showtime?

I loved Bon Jovi in the early days - Slippery When Wet was my first concert EVERRRR... 1987 Sydney, Australia - I was in the 8th grade.

I watched that doco recently and it brought back so many memories and now I want to see Bon Jovi live again - preferably here in Hawaii!
                  Toku toa, he toa rangatira ~ He whakatauki
                  My bravery is inherited from the chiefs who were my forebears ~ Maori whakatauki

Comment

Bon Jovi to play back-to-back February concerts at Blaisdell Arena. Boo! I won't be here that week!

http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/ar...laisdell+Arena
                    Toku toa, he toa rangatira ~ He whakatauki
                    My bravery is inherited from the chiefs who were my forebears ~ Maori whakatauki

Comment

Working...
                    X