Point and Shoot digital cameras

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Point and Shoot digital cameras

Found the 12 mp Kodak EasyShare C182 to be inexpensive ($95 @ Amazon) and equipped with many quality features that are usually only on more costly cameras. Great reviews w/exceptionally few and mostly minor cons. Looks like Kodak hit a homer with this one.
    Hope to pick one up tomorrow!
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=55DBeMyOKzI
    Last edited by Ron Whitfield; October 25, 2009, 07:39 PM.
    https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Re: Hot P&S by Kodak

One drawback about Kodak is the quality of their lenses. I have the Kodak Easy share Z1485 IS. I purchased it online for $99. It is a 14.1MP point and shoot with a 5x digital zoom(sucks). It will record stills and video in HD 1080i as well as panoramic. You can take full control of this thing in Manual mode and even do weighted exposure control. It has automatic face detection so that helps when composing shots.

The downside? It uses a CR-V3 battery pack (basically two AA Lithium batteries stuck together) and when shooting at 14.1MP or at 1080i HD on video, you'll drain that $14 battery in less than half an hour. This sucker drinks batteries so don't even consider buying rechargable NiMhd batteries. Even the battery compartment says to use Lithium.

Feature-wise this is a great camera. If they improved on the lens and power-management this would have been a great camera.
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Interesting...

Thanx, Craig, I hadn't heard anyone mention that as a fault with this C182. In fact they rave about the picture quality, so maybe they got better lenses for this model. Doesn't sound probable tho...
      But wait! I just remembered reading they have indeed used a great lense for this camera. Big foreign name I've never heard before (and sounded impressive...), so...

Yeah, the battery drain sux, but that's hard to overcome. I was looking for a 2xAA camera anyway so it's not a big problem. I'm not a picture freak and will use it sparingly, so that may help. At least that's the plan. I havn't had a camera since kid day's! So I might go nuts...

Comment

The problem with 2xAA powered cameras is that while it's great for those outdoor shots you are going to have a problem if you do a good number of flash shots at a time. Using alkaline batteries you could do about 6 to 8 flash shots and then you start to have issues with your battery power.

You switch over to Lithums, more expensive but you take more flash shots.

Comment

I don't take flash shots. These were in full and bright daylight. It's the HD and 14MP that eats the batteries. I'm sorry it's not 1080i, it's 720p my bad, but I've dialed it down to 640x480 HQ and 3.1MP and I've gotten more run time out of my camera. Other people who have this same camera have mentioned the same problems.

You cannot use alkalines with this camera. Put a set in and it'll give you a low-battery after the first day shot (not flash) The owners manual specifically indicates the use of Lithium batteries.
          Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

The Canon A1100IS is another in the 'cheap and good!' catagory. $90 on line.
            Again, sucky AA battery life. Just the way it is with these. 200 basic shots at best per set of batts.
            But other than that, no major cons w/lots of pros.

Comment

Working...
            X