Chantilly Cake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chantilly Cake

Due to injury I have not been back to go to Liliha's to get my Chantilly Cake fix. When the plane lands I am there. I can find no one who ships the cake to the mainland. Zippy's used to, Liliha does not ship...etc. I have a good recipe, but I don't want to make my own Birthday cake (67 yrs old). Plus with compression fractures of my lumbar spine it hurts too much...Help
    Mahalo, Leilani
    Last edited by Malolo; October 27, 2009, 08:28 AM. Reason: insert age

Re: Chantilly Cake

Malolo... where are you on the mainland? I know for a FACT that Miles Bakeshop ships to their store in Las Vegas!
    Roseanne and Rambo in one tidy package.

Comment

If this helps Miles Bake Shop in LV has a toll-free# (866) 456-0383.
      www.milesbakeshop.com

Comment

I'd offer to buy and ship it to you, but I know I'd eat it..., sorry.
        https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Mahalo,
          I did second best. I have an old recipe that my mom used when we lived on Hayden St. in Honolulu (1942). So I baked my own. Clearly it is lacking. The frosting however is right on.....

Comment

In the "Ono Recipes" section on alohaworld.com, there is a Chantilly Cake recipe. The reader reviews says it tastes just like the one from back home.

Comment

Mahalo,
              everyone for your help.
              I live in Napa-not to much Hawaiian here. We did, however, have an Aloha Fest here last summer. Very small. Good artisans and great Plate Lunch.

Comment

hi,when my mom enjoy's her birthday,she herself buy's herself a chantilly cake and i give her a monetary gift for her birthday and she use's her monetary gift for her chantilly cake and we both enjoy her birthday cake.

Well thank's for your time=O)

Comment

My son went over to Hawaii just 2 weeks ago and I got my Chantilly cake Soooooooooooooooooo good. It got all messed up through security and a guy smashed it with his suitcase. I enjoyed it for a week..........I WANT MORE>>>

Comment

What's the difference between a Chantilly cake and a regular cake?

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
                      What's the difference between a Chantilly cake and a regular cake?
                      Nobody knows. Is that why people aint posting no mo because no one answers questions?

Comment

Think it's the frosting! It's a basic chocolate cake but with a bumped-up German Chocolate cake frosting.

Comment

a reguar cake is just cake. chantilly cake is, well - simply heavenly. yeah, and that frosting. but it's not the normal german chocolate style - its different, more custardy. and the cake has a different texture and is lighter than a regular cake.
                          Last edited by anapuni808; September 12, 2011, 10:58 PM.
                          "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                          – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Working...
                          X