KITV 4 News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KITV 4 News

This will be a new thread to use for commenting on the Channel 4 News at KITV.

KITV 4's 10 pm news had a major computer meltdown tonight. Paula read short headlines, and Justin did the weather & then the station went to Seinfeld.

I wonder what kind of computer problem could have brought down an entire newsroom? (Paula said Justin's weather report is on a different system.)

Must be Microsoft related.

Needless to say, the abbreviated newscast lasted about 5 minutes with no graphics or film to run.
    I'm still here. Are you?

Re: KITV 4 News

So last night the news choices at 10pm were KHON and Hawaii News Now on two stations.

I'm sure whatever tech problems will be fixed at KITV soon.

Aj

Comment

Originally posted by mel View Post
      Must be Microsoft related.
      Yeah, the station is still running on Windows 98.
      Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Our Cisco core switch failed at 9:53pm last night and basically made the staiton 'brain dead"...all connectivity to all our servers went down. There are two "supervisors" in the Cisco switch and it's supposed to go to backup mode but did not. We had the same problem again this morning but no loss of air. We are awaiting delivery this morning of a "supervisor" to replace what we think is the issue.

Comment

KITV News will debut their one hour newscast tonight:

http://www.kitv.com/station/21629752/detail.html

Comment

I've started watching the KITV 10pm news since the KGMB switchover. I like Paula Akana and the KGMB picture quality has gone down. It will interesting to see what all they include in a 1hr broadcast.
            "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
            – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

I like KITV's late news expansion. I think Paula Akana probably needs a co-anchor.

More

http://www.starbulletin.com/business...ml?mobile=true
              I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

If they started this thing at 9:30 or even 9:00, I'd be all over it. I gave it a shot last night (and may stick with it for a week or so) and it was decent. I'm not sure I got very much more news than in what would have been a half-hour broadcast.
                But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Please use this thread to continue discussion about KITV 4's 10 pm expanded newscast.
                  I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

With all due respect, I was a bit disappointed in the story about the State Auditor calling for Ted Liu to step down.

Years ago this would have been a top story with a full report.

On the 6pm show I saw it buried midway in the newscast with a vosot.

It basically left me even more confused than ever, with the incredible lack of information....especially about the audit itself.

Will KITV use it's expanded, 1-hour 10pm newscast to expand on what appears to be a truly hard-news and important story?

I'll be watching the 10pm show to find out...

Comment

Originally posted by mike View Post
                      Our Cisco core switch failed at 9:53pm last night and basically made the staiton 'brain dead"...all connectivity to all our servers went down. There are two "supervisors" in the Cisco switch and it's supposed to go to backup mode but did not. We had the same problem again this morning but no loss of air. We are awaiting delivery this morning of a "supervisor" to replace what we think is the issue.
                      Jeez mel so IT WASN'T a Microsoft issue after all.
                      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Ax falling - announcement out today:
                        Gary Sprinkle, news anchor and reporter at KITV4 Island Television News announced that he will leave the station effective at the end of this year. "I'm not retiring, just scaling back," Sprinkle said. "I'll take a little time to do the things I haven't been able to do for the past 32 years."

KITV President and General Manager Mike Rosenberg said, "Gary has been a valued member of the KITV family and news team for the past 18 years, though we will miss him, we respect his decision to step away at this time."

Pamela Young, Sprinkle's co-anchor and wife, has also decided to scale back her schedule and will take on a new role as weekend anchor at KITV. "Co-anchoring with Pamela has been wonderful. We are delighted to have spent the majority of those years as the top-rated newscast at 5 o'clock," Sprinkle said.

As KITV prepares for the transition at the end of the year, the station will immediately begin a national search for a weeknight anchor to join the news team. Paula Akana, who currently anchors KITV Island Television News at 10 P.M., will expand her role at 5 P.M. and 6 P.M. during the transition.

Comment

Howard D. go for it!

Much respect to Pamela and Gary, too. Two consumate professionals.

Originally posted by Kimo View Post
                          Ax falling - announcement out today:
                          Gary Sprinkle, news anchor and reporter at KITV4 Island Television News announced that he will leave the station effective at the end of this year. "I'm not retiring, just scaling back," Sprinkle said. "I'll take a little time to do the things I haven't been able to do for the past 32 years."

KITV President and General Manager Mike Rosenberg said, "Gary has been a valued member of the KITV family and news team for the past 18 years, though we will miss him, we respect his decision to step away at this time."

Pamela Young, Sprinkle's co-anchor and wife, has also decided to scale back her schedule and will take on a new role as weekend anchor at KITV. "Co-anchoring with Pamela has been wonderful. We are delighted to have spent the majority of those years as the top-rated newscast at 5 o'clock," Sprinkle said.

As KITV prepares for the transition at the end of the year, the station will immediately begin a national search for a weeknight anchor to join the news team. Paula Akana, who currently anchors KITV Island Television News at 10 P.M., will expand her role at 5 P.M. and 6 P.M. during the transition.

Comment

how does this announcement fall into the "ax falling" category?
                            "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                            – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
                              how does this announcement fall into the "ax falling" category?
                              Self-pruning?
                              http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Working...
                              X