Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want 50Mbps Internet in your town? Threaten to roll out your own

Want 50Mbps Internet in your town? Threaten to roll out your own

"ISPs may not act for years on local complaints about slow Internet—but when a town rolls out its own solution, it's amazing how fast the incumbents can deploy fiber, cut prices, and run to the legislature."

In this sub-forum I've seen the recurring question, "why don't we have FIOS?" or other quality high speed internet alternatives in Hawaii.

This may be one way to get it!

Re: Want 50Mbps Internet in your town? Threaten to roll out your own

I'll bet if our current Gov. had put a strong focus on getting Hawaii 'up to speed' on these issues she would have a way better chance of exiting without having been such a waste of time.

It's mind wobbling that such an important state is languishing in internet mud.
    https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

That's a very interesting article, Vanguard. Wonder if Mufi would take that on as a county project?

I guess the local cable providers might get a little upset, ya think?

Stick it on the ballot, I say!

Comment

Originally posted by cyleet99 View Post
        I guess the local cable providers might get a little upset, ya think?
        I hope so, 'cuz I no effin care about Warner Oceanic.
        Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

The State should have spend the high tech tax credit on network infrastructure instead.....it would have been way cheaper and we would have gotten more bang for our tax buck.
          kiddori

Comment

The State should've forced Hawaiian Telcom to aggressively go after federal broadband stimulus money and been a stronger voice for HawTel's attempts to qualify for
            Universal Service Fund money.

Sandwich Isles Communications has received hundreds of millions of dollars to build their network on DHHL land (and are attempting to get hundreds of millions more)

It is not fair that DHHL homesteaders get FTTH while non-DHHL lands are stuck with aging copper loops.
            Check out my blog on Kona issues :
            The Kona Blog

Comment

Working...
            X