Time change on Saturday memo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time change on Saturday memo

We don't touch anything, but the mainland will do the 1 hr. clock adjustment, so be aware!
    Can't remember which way tho...
    Do we lose or gain an hour?
    https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Re: Time change on Saturday memo

They set their clocks back by one hour. And change the middle character in their time zone from D to S. Like so:

If it's 1:00 pm HST here the following time and settings would be:

4:00 pm PDT to 3:00 pm PST
    5:00 pm MDT to 4:00 pm MST
    6:00 pm CDT to 5:00 pm CST
    7:00 pm EDT to 6:00 pm EST

Comment

Ta-daaaa!

Thanx, helen.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
        Can't remember which way tho... Do we lose or gain an hour?
        Easy way to remember, based on the seasons: Spring forward, Fall back.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

We remember it by thinking "Spring forward, Fall back." Then they keep changing which weekend it is, so all the old electronics get messed up.

Comment

HA, Leo -- I beat you by exactly one minute!
            You owe me a drink and pupus. Again.

Comment

The thread is entitled time change on SATURDAY, but actually it's Sunday (2 am Sunday).

Comment

Originally posted by Kimo View Post
                The thread is entitled time change on SATURDAY, but actually it's Sunday (2 am Sunday).
                But when the last time change occurs on the Mainland (2:00 Sunday morning, Pacific Time zone), it'll still be Saturday in Hawai`i.
                Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
                HA, Leo -- I beat you by exactly one minute!
                You owe me a drink and pupus. Again.
                Dangit. So - coming to Seattle any time soon?

Comment

That's based on 'Hawaiian time'!

Comment

Whoa! Now Ron owes ME a drink and pupus (using the one-minute rule).

Comment

No problemo, as I'm about to bust out the champagne to celebrate my new baby, a 7 1/2 lb. beautiful bouncing new Strat! http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBay/SAPl.dll...m=280415516860
                      It's from the new-ish Classic Player 50s 60th Anni. line via the Mexican Custom Shop. CHEERS!

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
                        That's based on 'Hawaiian time'!
                        It's a good thing I read thoroughly through all the posts before getting around to mine's... HaHa! I concur!

And choice guitar! Wow!
                        Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Most of the mainland will set their collective clocks back 1 hour this weekend, but there are some locales that don't bother with it, such as Arizona and parts of Indiana.

I remember when I (for a short time) lived in Chicago some years back, that the one hour set-back of the clock was a highly anticipated event every fall among the bar crowd. Most standard bars in Chicago at the time I lived there had mandated 2AM closures, which happens to be the precise time clocks are adjusted from Daylight Saving Time to Standard Time in the fall, thus 2AM magically became 1AM, hence another hour of partying at one's favorite watering hole.

Comment

Originally posted by Surfingfarmboy View Post
                            Most of the mainland will set their collective clocks back 1 hour this weekend, but there are some locales that don't bother with it, such as Arizona and parts of Indiana.
                            Actually, there is a part of Arizona that does not observe Daylight Saving Time as well. This would be the Navajo Nation. But other than that, the rest of the Copper State keeps its clocks at Mountain Standard Time on a permanent basis.

Originally posted by Surfingfarmboy View Post
                            I remember when I (for a short time) lived in Chicago some years back, that the one hour set-back of the clock was a highly anticipated event every fall among the bar crowd. Most standard bars in Chicago at the time I lived there had mandated 2AM closures, which happens to be the precise time clocks are adjusted from Daylight Saving Time to Standard Time in the fall, thus 2AM magically became 1AM, hence another hour of partying at one's favorite watering hole.
                            An extra hour to party, sure. Conversely, the early riser crowd could look at it as an extra hour of snooze time before they go to church or work.
                            This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                              Dangit. So - coming to Seattle any time soon?
                              Wish I could, but nope. So, you've gotta come here. Plenny musicians you need to hear!
                              It's 1:30 in the morning now and I just got home from almost 6 straight hours of playing music. Onolicious! And let's see now... if it's 1:30am Thursday here, then it's, what, 4:17 Friday afternoon in Seattle? Shoots. I stay confused.

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                              Now Ron owes ME a drink and pupus (using the one-minute rule).
                              The one-minute rule?!? My ex-wife Plaintiff had one of those, but... oh, nevah mind.

Comment

Working...
                              X