• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 112 year old marries 17 year old

Wow this is bizarre....

Aj

http://news.aol.com/article/112-year...hamed%2F744342

Re: 112 year old marries 17 year old

He gets it, she gets it all in the end. Sounds like a win win situation here. Patience is the key here.
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
      He gets it, she gets it all in the end. Sounds like a win win situation here. Patience is the key here.
      She gets everything,...but maybe true happiness? Anna Nicole Smith's life story is a sad testament to that.
      This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
        She gets everything,...but maybe true happiness? Anna Nicole Smith's life story is a sad testament to that.
        True but at 17, she'll get over it soon enough.
        Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Hey now folks, he is a Somali villager, with 5 other wives (2 still living), and 114 children and grandchildren. I really doubt the new bride is in it for the "money".
          Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

This is the Somali version of getting a new washing machine.

Comment

Originally posted by Amati View Post
              Hey now folks, he is a Somali villager, with 5 other wives (2 still living), and 114 children and grandchildren. I really doubt the new bride is in it for the "money".
              So she's doing it for "love.". Yeah, sure!
              Last edited by Frankie's Market; October 30, 2009, 05:44 PM.
              This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

I wonder how they verified that he's 112 years old. The story wouldn't be nearly as salaciously interesting if he was "just" 80 or 90 years old.

This is not some exotic foreign custom. In early 20th-century America, young women were occasionally encouraged to marry elderly Civil War veterans. The idea was that they'd have a roof over their heads and food on the table while providing geriatric care to a man whose only income might have been his disability pension. When he died (and it wasn't usually a very long marriage) she'd get his survivor benefits pension. The U.S. was paying Civil War pensions all the way to the 21st century.

http://www.answers.com/topic/civil-war-pensions
                http://www.radiodiaries.org/transcri.../civilwar.html
                Youth may be wasted on the young, but retirement is wasted on the old.
                Live like you're dying, invest like you're immortal.
                We grow old if we stop playing, but it's never too late to have a happy childhood.
                Forget about who you were-- discover who you are.

Comment

A reporter asked the 112 year old man if it would be dangerous to his heart when they have sex. He replied, "If she dies, she dies" in a Somali accent.

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
                    A reporter asked the 112 year old man if it would be dangerous to his heart when they have sex. He replied, "If she dies, she dies" in a Somali accent.
                    badumbum (rimshot)

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
                      So she's doing it for "love.". Yeah, sure!
                      Well, I suppose you FM might think it is for love. But, I'd lean more towards it being due to perhaps some sort of Somali cultural status or security, etc, which would be valid for them regardless of my lack of education on their village customs.
                      Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Hey! Maybe all she needs to do is talk dirty to him. I mean, c'mon, man! Ever seen a hard prune?

Comment

Working...
                        X