Pearls Before Swine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pearls Before Swine

This past week the storyline in Pearls Before Swine did a take-off on Alice in Wonderland, however things got out of hand when one of the characters started to eat everyone in the story.

Today's strip has the cartoonist mother calling the cartoonist who is vacationing in Maui that all of the strip's characters have been eaten.

Re: Pearls Before Swine

Love "Pearls"!

Comment

Me too. I own every Pearls anthology.
      But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
      GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
        Me too. I own every Pearls anthology.
        As do I. That and "Get Fuzzy" have been my favorites in recent years. Oh, and "9 Chickweed Lane."

Comment

I like "Retail" too, it is so real........Reminds me so much of my years slaving away in stores. Last week's theme was absolutely authentic focusing on people who think it's going to be a cruise job days only (m-f), no nights working the holiday season in a store. Ho ho ho!

Comment

Today's strip had Goat remarking on his experience the day before and Rat stops him because he used up his 140 character limit.

Comment

The pig is my favorite.

Comment

Larry the crocodile's son Junior lost a tooth on Wednesday and Larry's wife said he had to be the tooth fairy and leave something of value under Junior's pillow, which happened to be can of beer.

Something else I noticed about the strip. Whenever the characters are at the table talking about stuff, in most of the cases they always face towards the left. Also noticed that there is a plate on the table and it's usually empty.

Comment

Certainly the comics page is not what it used to be (which was for kids); now there's something for everyone, and an amazing amount of creativity.

K
                  Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
                  ~ ~
                  Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
                  Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
                  Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Seems that the strip has an issue (or a storyline) with a character from another comic strip that doesn't wear pants (in this case it is Ziggy).

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
                      Seems that the strip has an issue (or a storyline) with a character from another comic strip that doesn't wear pants (in this case it is Ziggy).
                      Yeah - they love to pick on other comics. Remember all the times they've "attacked" characters from "Family Circus?"

Comment

Today's strip has Rat saying that he worked out a deal such that Ziggy will be wearing pants in the Ziggy strip today.

Since the Advertiser or the Star Bulletin doesn't carries the daily Ziggy strip (the Advertiser only does the Sunday version) the only way to check it out is via the Ziggy website for today.

Was kind of interesting to read the comments left by the Pearls before Swine fans.

Comment

Friday's strip of Pearls Before Swine have the crocodiles gathering a pitchfork and touch and yelling out "Keel Da Google".

And of course Saturday's strip has Larry destorying laptops because Google is inside of it.

Comment

Ouch for Goat today. Mr. Snuffles drops a globe over Goat's head. Isn't Mr. Snuffles Goat's cat?

Comment

New character in the strip called Drama Cow, which cause Guard Duck to call in air strikes against Drama Cow but keeps missing and hit's everyone else.

Comment

Working...
                              X