X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cash for Clunkers

Originally posted by oceanpacific View Post
    That includes me.

I have cataract eye surgery scheduled in December for both eyes. Hopefully, I will be in the 98% who do improve. I have a hard time focusing on the computer screen these days.
    may your doctor have steady hands and may you realize nothing but the best of possible outcomes!
    superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

That includes me.

I have cataract eye surgery scheduled in December for both eyes. Hopefully, I will be in the 98% who do improve. I have a hard time focusing on the computer screen these days.
      Sorry OP is this better? Darn sounds like I'm yelling!!!

I know a lady who is blind and uses the Windows Accessability Option in her Control Panel to navigate around XP.

Why is it when normal people need to talk to blind people they yell! I had a blind friend tell me, "I can hear perfectly well, thank you!" "SORRY" I yelled back, oops!
      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Thank you for the kind thoughts, folks. I have a top-flite opthamologist handling this procedure.

Comment

I recently rented cars on my inter-island trips. These cars, a PT Cruiser (Chrysler) and Chevy Cobalt (GM) had idiocyncrasies and design flaws which indicated that these manufacturers have not learned from their Japanese counterparts how to build first-rate vehicles. I also had the occasion to drive the new Ford Taurus, much improved from its previous incarnations. Even Ford, which didn't get a government bail-out, still has some of these design flaws. No matter how much ex-NFL star Howie Long extols the "superior" MPG advantages Chevrolet has over Toyota and Honda, mileage is only one aspect in comparing cars. The Chevys fall short in a lot of other areas.
          Ah, how things can change so quickly in a few months.

First-rate vehicles? Who....Toyota??????

First, it was the 3.8 million Toyotas that had sticking gas pedals. Then, it was nearly a half-million Prius and other hybrids with defective brakes. And just today, Toyota announced that it is considering recalling the Corolla, due to power steering problems. (No model years and total vehicles announced just yet.)

Just my opinion here. Anyone associating "Toyota" with "first rate vehicles" at this point have got to be kidding themselves. It's that, or simply taking comfort in Toyota's past record of safety/reliability. But its 2010 now and things have clearly changed.
          This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

ya know, it's kinda sad about the Toyota thing. When I worked at Toyota I was told that in Hawaii, one in four cars on the road here in Hawaii were Toyotas! I didn't believe it till I started counting them. On average they are quite right! Once in a while I'd count maybe six or seven automobiles before seeing a single Toyota...then there would be two more in succession to even the count.

As for the Cash for Clunkers program that was a joke considering most auto dealers simply raised the price of the vehicle that much higher plus that discount is looked at by the IRS as income and is taxable. I'm actually relieved I was laid off before all this came out. Kinda hard to tell your loyal customers they were had and keep their repeat business and their referrals.

So if you got a great deal with the Cash for Clunker's program, don't forget to add it to your gross income when that W9 comes in.
            Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Working...
            X