Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Setters vs. Pointers : Up, Down or Closed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Setters vs. Pointers : Up, Down or Closed?

Up or down toilets have never been an issue for me, for some reason, not even with the male species in the house on a daily basis. I can see the dang thing (toilet, not male species!) whenever I walk in the bathroom, even in the middle of the night 'cuz I need at least a little light just to find my way to that room. To me this toilet issue is akin to which way the toilet paper is placed on the holder...over or under! Another non-issue, afaic! I must be weird!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
      Up or down toilets have never been an issue for me, for some reason, not even with the male species in the house on a daily basis. I can see the dang thing (toilet, not male species!) whenever I walk in the bathroom, even in the middle of the night 'cuz I need at least a little light just to find my way to that room. To me this toilet issue is akin to which way the toilet paper is placed on the holder...over or under! Another non-issue, afaic! I must be weird!
      FYI: Did you know the nightlight is the #1 retail item sold in the United States? Now we know why
      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Meh.

If I have to take a dump in the middle of the night, no matter how sleepy I am, I going put the seat down, or else my okole going end up wet.

Honestly, how hard is it for women to put the seat down? You no like touch'em with your hands, use the toilet paper. Sorry, ladies, but neither chivalry nor courtesy have a place in the bathroom.
        Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
          They do...it's called an elongated bowl...but then again I'm Japanese so it doesn't matter!
          I think elongated bowl should be standard, and discontinue the round bowl.
          Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Agree totally. You are weird. Nah, kidding. It's a non-issue for me and the men in my household, too.

For those who want to avoid touching the rim of the bowl to see if the seat is down, you could touch the top instead, to see if it's up.

Comment

They do...it's called an elongated bowl...but then again I'm Japanese so it doesn't matter!
              Mine is like that but as I live on my own in England, I removed the plastic seat and replaced it with a pine one. Much more comfortable and warm. Visitors have got used to the way I leave the seat in the 'up' position.

Comment

Over, and out!

The same can go for women who leave the seat down and I gotta go in the middle of the night I end up peeing on the seat because it's down.
                I meant to mention that! To have the lid down may be correct in a perfect world, but sometimes that's the last thing you need to encounter.

To me this toilet issue is akin to which way the toilet paper is placed on the holder...over or under!
                Over, most deffinitely.
                https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

oh, i am aware of more than a handful of japanese men who'd say it does matter...

anyway, i know a good number of men who voluntarily sit when they pee if they're home (they stand to go in public). most of them say it's out of laziness--takes more effort to stand and shoot.

*shrug*
                  superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

The laziness factor towards standing is sometimes true but more to avoid having to clean up the inevetible mess, plus you have time sit and reflect on whatevers. Not enuf time for a magazine, but enuf to consider what you might like to read, and you never know when #2 may decide to enact...

Comment

You CAN pee in a bidet, plus you can wash your bits after.
                      http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
                      http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by cynsaligia View Post
                        oh, i am aware of more than a handful of japanese men who'd say it does matter...*shrug*

More? Handful? And I thought I've been around the block more than once.
                        Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by SusieMisajon View Post
                          You CAN pee in a bidet, plus you can wash your bits after.
                          Never found them to be all that as far as the clean up. Still gotta do my ritual...

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
                            The laziness factor towards standing is sometimes true but more to avoid having to clean up the inevetible mess, plus you have time sit and reflect on whatevers. Not enuf time for a magazine, but enuf to consider what you might like to read, and you never know when #2 may decide to enact...
                            yes, and apparently, if a guy is drunk or otherwise not with complete capability, sitting is preferable to standing.

More? Handful? And I thought I've been around the block more than once.
                            i initially wrote that line to read "i've come across more than a handful..." but then hit deletedeletedelete after realizing how that read.

no one should ever be ashamed of their experiences, however plenty they may be. each person who isn't right for you brings you closer to the one who is.
                            superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

The same can go for women who leave the seat down and I gotta go in the middle of the night I end up peeing on the seat because it's down.

Either way it's a problem for the other sex. In our household though with six boys and one female (wife), majority rules, it's lids up, but then again we have five toilets, one in every bedroom and one in the hallway. Since I love my wife I tend to keep our bathroom toilet in our bedroom lids down.
                              Wow a toilet for each bedroom? 5 of us in our household, sometimes six if the mother in law is here and ONE bathroom, and we live in a 3BR house, not an apartment!

As for sitting/standing, I was raised by women so I sit most of the time and don't consider it a big deal whatsoever. Even in public if a clean stall is around I'll go there I cannot stand going up to urinals and seeing piss all over the floor and having to stand in it. Yuck!!

Aj

Comment

Unless it's in my own private bathroom that nobody else uses, I never sit on a toilet before wiping the seat with toilet paper. So honestly the seat-up-or-down debate has never bothered me because I don't sit without looking first. Although in my own home I usually put the lid down after because I'm paranoid of dropping something in there.
                                Four Thousand Miles (blog) | MacRatLove (comic)
                                Better Holes and Garbage (rats) | Perfectly Inadequate (music)

Comment

Working...
                                X