This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 19” LCD monitor Samsung SyncMaster 191Tplus - $60

Six years old but still one of the industry's best 19” flat-screen LCD monitors.

Technical Details:
    1,280 x 1,024 resolution, 0.294-millimeter dot pitch
    500:1 contrast ratio; 170-degree viewing angles
    17”H by 18”W by 8.5”D, including the base, normal landscape mode.
    Accepts dual inputs (one digital and one analog) with front-panel controls for switching between the two. Digital input, analog input, and power cords included.

Monitor pivots between landscape and portrait modes to allow full-page document view. Pivot-Pro software included.

Never had a problem with it. I'm selling it because I upgraded to a 23” monitor.

PM or e-mail.
    Attached Files
    Youth may be wasted on the young, but retirement is wasted on the old.
    Live like you're dying, invest like you're immortal.
    We grow old if we stop playing, but it's never too late to have a happy childhood.
    Forget about who you were-- discover who you are.

Re: 19” flat-screen LCD monitor Samsung SyncMaster 191Tplus (pivoting model) - $60

I'd hang onto that monitor if I were you. Ever had one go out on you when you're doing some serious HT'ing? We take monitors for granted but when they go out it's usually when we need it the most and when all the stores are closed. I usually keep an extra monitor in the closet...just in case.
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Re: 19” flat-screen LCD monitor Samsung SyncMaster 191Tplus (pivoting model) - $60

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
      I'd hang onto that monitor if I were you. Ever had one go out on you when you're doing some serious HT'ing? We take monitors for granted but when they go out it's usually when we need it the most and when all the stores are closed. I usually keep an extra monitor in the closet...just in case.
      I think we're good with spares. We have a desktop (with its monitor) and two older laptops in a house with three people, one of whom is going to buy an additional laptop to take with her to college in 282 days.

Your point is well made for those who don't have a backup monitor. At $60 this one is extremely reliable & versatile.
      We grow old if we stop playing, but it's never too late to have a happy childhood.

Comment

Originally posted by Nords View Post
        I think we're good with spares. We have a desktop (with its monitor) and two older laptops in a house with three people, one of whom is going to buy an additional laptop to take with her to college in 282 days.

Your point is well made for those who don't have a backup monitor. At $60 this one is extremely reliable & versatile.
        That is an excellent price for a monitor of that size and capabilities. My wife has one of those monitors at work and it's great when you gotta go Portrait mode.

You should advertise this also on Craigslist. It will sell fast there!

Comment

You should advertise this also on Craigslist. It will sell fast there!
          http://honolulu.craigslist.org/oah/sys/1447287263.html
          Since last Sunday, but I haven't found the buyer who can make up their mind or recognize a good deal yet.

Comment

Re: 19” LCD monitor Samsung SyncMaster 191Tplus - $60

Try limiting the wording in your ad.

Comment

Try limiting the wording in your ad.
              Hunh-- I wouldn't have thought of that approach. Usually Craigslist's ads lack sufficient info or regurgitate thousands of words of boilerplate directly from the manufacturer's website.

I figured that subject line has every keyword a buyer could be looking for in a very busy Craigslist category with over 100 ads a day.

The two responses I've had so far were (1) a "Still have?" e-mail with no further response, and (2) a phone call from a guy who'd just graduated from the negotiating school of "I don't know anything about your monitor but I'm only going to offer $40". I get those types of responses a lot, and it's probably a matter of waiting for the right buyer while reposting every week or two as the holiday season approaches.

Comment

Originally posted by Nords View Post
                Hunh-- I wouldn't have thought of that approach. Usually Craigslist's ads lack sufficient info or regurgitate thousands of words of boilerplate directly from the manufacturer's website.

I figured that subject line has every keyword a buyer could be looking for in a very busy Craigslist category with over 100 ads a day.

The two responses I've had so far were (1) a "Still have?" e-mail with no further response, and (2) a phone call from a guy who'd just graduated from the negotiating school of "I don't know anything about your monitor but I'm only going to offer $40". I get those types of responses a lot, and it's probably a matter of waiting for the right buyer while reposting every week or two as the holiday season approaches.

Sometimes when too much information is put out, it tells the perspective buyer that you know a lot about this item. Then the question begs: If it's that good why are you selling it and why did you upgrade? What's wrong with it.

I'm sure there's nothing wrong with it, but sometimes the ones that know a good bargain out there are also intelligent to read between the lines. The less lines to read between, the less to assume. That's why the best sales ads are the simplest ones.

If you doubt me ask yourself, "why hasn't this great deal been sold yet?" KISS (you know that acronym)

For Sale: $60.00, (1) 19" Computer Flat Panel Monitor, excellent condition, must sell"

Put the price out first as we know it's a great price!

The ad then briefly describes the product enough for responses. Must Sell tells the buyer that you are highly motivated to sell it.

Once you get the call, you do the pitch. Never pitch a sale on the first calling. That's a major taboo in sales.
                Last edited by craigwatanabe; November 8, 2009, 10:57 AM.

Comment

Re: $60!! 19” LCD monitor Samsung SyncMaster 191Tplus

The ad then briefly describes the product enough for responses. Must Sell tells the buyer that you are highly motivated to sell it.
                  Having been on the buyer's side of Craigslist, I'm frustrated by minimal descriptions from hypermotivated sellers. I'd rather have enough information to make an informed decision without needing to know the seller's desperation level.

Besides, it'd be hypocritical. If I really really really wanted to sell it then I'd list it for $20. But I'm not that motivated. I'm just trying to clear up some domestic storage space by putting quality gear in the hands of someone who might need it at a discounted price. No Discount Mattress Outlet or Crazy Eddie here.

I've had fast sales from running similar ads on Craigslist & eBay for different computer & collectible items. Craigslist formats the price after the description, too, but I agree that putting the price first in the text field helps flag it.

Once you get the call, you do the pitch. Never pitch a sale on the first calling. That's a major taboo in sales.
                  No pitching happens around here until the buyer shows up on my lanai. Let them examine the gear and sell it to themselves.

Just as no seller should be so rude as to ask for a discount on the first call before they even see the merchandise...

Comment

Hey I sell stuff, I've merchandised stuff. The proof is in the results. Did it sell yet?

Comment

Not yet, but we've managed to keep this thread bumped for five consecutive days... thanks!

Comment

Sorry Nords.

And to those reading this looking for a really good deal, this is a great deal for what's offered.

Comment

Sold it.

I reposted the afternoon of the 10th. Led with the $60 and added that I was selling because I didn't have room for two monitors.

Got two calls this morning, and the first caller only lived a mile away. Didn't even need directions.

Thanks for the advice, Craig!

Comment

Yeaaaaa!!! Darn if I had the money I'd have bought it.

Comment

Why didn't you just donate it to the Salvation Army? Surely they could have made good use of it, and you could have taken the tax credit.
                              But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                              GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Working...
                              X