Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Facebook games

Any FB gamers here?

I admit to being throughly addicted to Cafe World, keep it running all the time when I'm online even though it's a huge resource hog, slows down everything else that's running. If you want to see computer lag at its most glacial, run two at the same time. I do that too often. And if you're as insane as I am, run THREE, and prepare to take frequent naps.

I also play Farmville, Yoville, Farm Town, Mafia Wars, the Vampire thing, Roller Coaster Kingdom, and a few others.

Re: Facebook games

I tried FarmVille - got bored very quickly. I also occasionaly go to YoVille but again am getting really bored with it. I do play Mafia Wars - currently at Level 53. But I only have a small Mafia and keep getting attacked all the time so am wondering how long I'll stick with it.
    "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
    – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

I am staying far far away from the farm things. Right now I am playing mafia wars, vampire wars, lexulous and bejeweled blitz (not all at once *g*).

Comment

Scrabble! I love to play against my mainland friends in the afternoon.
        ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

How do you ignore these games and the requests?
          Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Yes, I indulge in a little Mafia Wars here and there! I did also play Vampire Wars and FarmVille at one point, but I guess I have a short attention span. Always looking for new ones!
            Roseanne and Rambo in one tidy package.

Comment

I was at Ala Moana Shopping Center today, laptop over my shoulder. I fired it up and removed some completed dishes from the stove in my FB Cafe. I think we can safely use the term addiction.

One thing FB really needs in their games is a button which says accept all gifts and invitations. I get so many of them.

Comment

Except for an occasional trivia game, I tend to avoid all of the other FB games completely. My FB contacts frequently have updates to their game progress in Mafia Wars and that farm animal game. I feel like shooting that black sheep that shows up on my FB news stream.
                I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by mel View Post
                  [...]I feel like shooting that black sheep that shows up on my FB news stream.
                  Have you tried clicking on "Hide"? I hide the game/poll/whatever, not the friend. I don't believe I see that game/poll/whatever again. It's the equivalent of shooting the black sheep!

I've participated in a couple of questionnaires, esp. if they relate to high school because of our ongoing class reunion on FB. I've also participated in a couple of those stupid "pick the top 5" or "what city should you live in"!!! Those have since been sent into hiding. I don't have enough time to read all of my newsfeed (+ HT) much less play games, join the mafia, open a cafe or raise animals! And don't even get me started on people I've never heard of sending me a friend request with no personal comment about who they are and why I should be friends with them!

Comment

Originally posted by mel View Post
                    Except for an occasional trivia game, I tend to avoid all of the other FB games completely. My FB contacts frequently have updates to their game progress in Mafia Wars and that farm animal game. I feel like shooting that black sheep that shows up on my FB news stream.
                    Mel, people post game status messages for mafia wars because those messages allow mafia members to get bonuses from them. *g* If you don't want to see the game posts, hover your computer cursor over the upper right side of a game post and "hide" should pop up. If you click "hide", it should give you the option to hide all posts from that person or all posts from that game.

Comment

Speaking of addicted to games ~ I was the swearing in of new attorneys today. The ceremony is actually a special joint hearing of the Hawaii Supreme Court and the Federal Court and I could distinctly hear someone in the audience playing Bejeweled Blitz during the whole ceremony. I thought it was sad that whomever was doing that cared enough (or felt obligated enough) to be there but not enough to actually pay attention to an important moment in the life of the person they were there to see (and no, the person playing wasn't a child).

Comment

Originally posted by missjaqi View Post
                        Yes, I indulge in a little Mafia Wars here and there! I did also play Vampire Wars and FarmVille at one point, but I guess I have a short attention span. Always looking for new ones!
                        Hey - we have a new member! Welcome!
                        "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                        – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by Adri View Post
                          Mel, people post game status messages for mafia wars because those messages allow mafia members to get bonuses from them. *g* If you don't want to see the game posts, hover your computer cursor over the upper right side of a game post and "hide" should pop up. If you click "hide", it should give you the option to hide all posts from that person or all posts from that game.
                          I try to NEVER post an update to my game status!
                          – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
                            I try to NEVER post an update to my game status!
                            I don't post every status either but I do post a few to "give back" a chance for my other members to get a bonus.

Comment

I didn't know that posting status updates allowed my mafia members to get goodies - maybe I'll start doing it. at least until some complains.
                              – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Working...
                              X