Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mass-murder on Texas Army Base

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
    A 100%, unqualified "amen" from me on all that.
    I'll second that "Amen."

K.
    Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
    ~ ~
    Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
    Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
    Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by cynsaligia View Post
      no matter. more meaningful work is being done by those who recognize the best way to honor those who died at fort hood is to examine the systemic problems that created the maelstrom, then fix those problems.
      To that I will add a whole hearted "Amen," and raise a banner as well for unmitigated logical problem-solving, logical thinking and proactive problem-solving.

We cannot put band-aids on such problems and hope they will go away, for the infection is deep; until we uncover the source of the infection, we are doomed to suffer the consequences.

K.
      Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
      ~ ~
      Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
      Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
      Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Radford High School grad, Patrick Zeigler, is out of intensive care after being shot four times.

http://www.starbulletin.com/news/200...s_tragedy.html

Comment

Originally posted by Kaonohi View Post
          We cannot put band-aids on such problems and hope they will go away, for the infection is deep; until we uncover the source of the infection, we are doomed to suffer the consequences.

K.
          To paraphrase surlygirl....People ain't gone crazy, Baby-they was born that way

Comment

yes this was a sad day, I live about an hour away from the base and we often go up there to buy Aloha Shoyu from C&H Hawaiian grill and to eat some local grinds, the town is not very big and the entrance to the base is right at the end of the main road on the left so you can clearly see the base but for this to happen so close by is scary and yes the man is still alive which I feel is a good thing cause if he had died that would be way to easy at least now he has to see the families of those that he killed and he has to suffer for what he has done, and when he does die it is up to our Savior Jesus Christ to decide what to do with him, but for now obviously the good lord wants him to face the music so play on.

Comment

Originally posted by rflorendo View Post
              ...when he does die it is up to our Savior Jesus Christ to decide what to do with him, but for now obviously the good lord wants him to face the music so play on.
              Or Muhammad. Or Allah.
              Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
                Or Muhammad. Or Allah.
                Or no one.

Comment

Originally posted by rflorendo View Post
                  when he does die it is up to our Savior Jesus Christ to decide what to do with him
                  I believe Army Maj. Hasan would argue it is NOT up to Jesus Christ, or any other Christian saint, but to Allah. Realize that there are MORE Muslims then Christians in the world. A LOT more. I understand you are expressing your personal views, but you need to understand that the so-called “terrorists” see themselves as fighting a jihad (“holy war”) justified by their religion. No doubt Hasan will become a poster boy among their propaganda, regardless of what comes next. Are you ready to fight World War III?

That being said, those of us who have been following this case know that at this point, Hasan has been charged with 13 counts of murder, and is currently scheduled to appear at an Article 32 hearing — his first public showing since the shooting. The world will be watching. Including Hasan’s fellow U.S. servicemen, Christian priests, and Osama Bin Laden.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                  USA TODAY, page 2A
                  11 March 1993

Comment

Originally posted by TuNnL View Post
                    Realize that there are MORE Muslims then Christians in the world. A LOT more.
                    Really? Can you prove that?
                    ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

Originally posted by TuNnL View Post
                      Realize that there are MORE Muslims then Christians in the world. A LOT more.
                      Actually, no. In a compilation from encyclopedic sources, Christianity has around 2.1 billion adherents, while Islam has about 1.5 billion worldwide. (Third ranking group? About 1.1 billion who identify as "Secular/Nonreligious/Agnostic/Atheist.")

Comment

Hmmm... well, in any event, it looks like we’ll be hearing about this case for years to come...

Report: Military to seek death penalty against Hasan

By Sandra Jontz, Stars and Stripes
                        Online edition, Friday, April 30, 2010

Army prosecutors have sent a notice that they plan to seek the death penalty against Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan, accused of the Fort Hood shootings, according to Hasan’s attorney, John Galligan.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                        USA TODAY, page 2A
                        11 March 1993

Comment

Working...
                        X