Canon MX860 on Sale at Amazon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canon MX860 on Sale at Amazon

Amazon has the Canon MX860 All In One printer on sale today.
    Greg

Re: Canon MX860 on Sale at Amazon

Well, there are less than 3 hours left for the sale price ($110). I guess no one is interested.
    Greg

Comment

I guess when you see pricing such as this it's hard to get excited over a sales price of $110.
      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Perhaps the printers at Office Max are better deals --- I have no opinion about that. For anyone interested in buying the Canon MX860, I think Amazon's one day sale gave a very good price. I ordered one myself, it arrived yesterday, and I'm pleased with myself that I just got it communicating wirelessly on my home network with my wife's Vista computer. Getting it to work with my Linux system may or may not be possible.
        Greg

Comment

I kinda lucked out this past weekend. I managed to get an HP Color LaserJet 3500 printer and two sets of replacement toner cartridges for free. Each toner cartridge is capable of 4000 prints. This sucker is so heavy it takes two of us just to carry.

So now I have a Canon Imagerunner 2200 and an HP Color LaserJet 3500 printers.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by GregLee View Post
            Getting it to work with my Linux system may or may not be possible.
            You can go to Canon's German support page and there you'll find the MX860's drivers for Linux OS. Where it says: Betriebssystem, select Linux as your OS. Where it says: Sprache Select Englisch (English). Then hit the "Los" button to get to the Linux download page.
            Last edited by craigwatanabe; November 16, 2009, 03:00 AM.

Comment

Yes, thanks, I found the Canon Europe software, but I don't think I can use it, because it has 32 bit binaries (even the "source code"), and my system is 64 bit. I'm told that a Gutenprint driver for a similar Canon printer works, for printing only, so I'll try that.
              Greg

Comment

Working...
              X