It should be called the FOX Editorial Network not the FOX News Network

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "Faux News...Literally!" or, "Oh, for Fox's Sake!"

Rupert Murdoch should be stripped of his US citizenship, the frauds he has committed totally justify it. Then he could no longer own American broadcasting stations, Fox would be bankrupt. The gvt. should also demolish whoever the lenders are that have enabled Fox to defraud America. Fraud is not and never has been protected free speech. Enough is enough.

Comment

FOX has some heavyweight journalists on their staff, like Shepherd Smith, Major Garrett, and Brit Hume. Anyone who doesn't recognize that knows not what they are talking about. But all of their fine work on Rupert Murdoch's network is largely overshadowed by the headline grabbing buffonery of Glenn Beck, Sean Hannity, and Bill O'Reilly.

But truth be known, given a choice between watching Keith Olbermann and O'Reilly, I'll usually pick the latter. At least Billo has the guts to engage in lively debates with the likes of Al Sharpton and Marc Lamond Hill on a regular basis, while Keith continues to furiously cling to his merry-go-round of liberal "yes" men like Howard Fineman, Richard Wolffe, and Lawrence O'Donnell.
      Last edited by Frankie's Market; November 12, 2009, 09:12 AM.
      This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

I'm guessing that Lou Dobbs will be appointed the senator from Texas when Kay Bailey Hutchison abandons the post to run for governor. Should happen before the end of the year.
        Burl Burlingame
        "Art is never finished, only abandoned." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
        honoluluagonizer.com

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
          FOX has some heavyweight journalists on their staff, like Brit Hume.
          At least Billo has the guts to engage in lively debates.
          When has Hume ever been anything but a lapdog 'journalist' for the right?

Debates? You mean ranting shoutdowns and then cutting anybody who dares to get over on him right off the air, don't you?

I agree, cut their biased funding and watch the fox wither away.
          https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
            Pointing out an obvious manipulation of the news by Faux News is somehow showing bias? If you have examples of CNN manipulating the news by showing crowd clips from other rallies, please post them. I'd like to know about it.
            I was not dissing Cyn's post. I was simply pointing out the left drift of the thread and the challenge to any others who might share a different opinion. Far be it from me to defend a defenseless position (i.e. the use of one rally's film for another.)Sean Hannity does not grace our living room, so my knowledge of this episode is limited to what I have heard and read from other sources.

Who is Lou Dobbs?
            You are too funny.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
              they're just a basic news show. They don't go much for the over the top stuff that generates higest ratings, let alone tossing bloody raw meat to those that FN purposely attract.
              omg. Please tell me you didn't say that. If what you say is true, then Fox is "just a basic news show" as well.

Comment

Originally posted by cyleet99 View Post
                You are too funny.
                That's a prerequisite for the matapule job!

This is not a question of personal political leanings. It is all about holding the media responsible for what they present as news. Jon Stewart did us all a favor by exposing Faux New's continuing manipulation of the "news." Now lets see if we can catch Stewart in some hypocrisy. That's when it gets fun, holding the media accountable. Cyleet, if you run across something from CNN, please post it.
                Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

I find CNN as left-leaning as you find Fox to be right-leaning. Keith Olbermann's show is the left's version of Fox's (pick the Fox commentator of your choice.) I have heard him be so vicious that spittle left his lips during a rant. I put him in the same camp as Bill Maher; after listening for about 1 minute, it's time to change the channel.
                  A couple small corrections, if I may: (1) Keith Olbermann is on MSNBC, not CNN.

(2) Bill Maher proclaims himself to be a humorist and entertainer, not a newsman.

=============
                  Personally, I dislike hearing ranting from either end of the political spectrum; it discourages dialogue and hinders progress, whether the spittle comes from the left or the right side of the mouth.

I'm not surprised to see this thread avoided by our more conservatively-minded posting compadres; why would they throw themselves into a lion's den? I doubt that most would feel a desire to face frustration and attack simply to mount a defense of Fox News.

PS It will be nice to see Lou Dobbs move over to the Fox fold!
                  So far, Fox denies that they've had any discussion with Dobbs about hiring him; wonder if that will hold up to scrutiny?
                  Originally posted by Kalalau View Post
                  Rupert Murdoch should be stripped of his US citizenship, the frauds he has committed totally justify it.
                  When he became an American citizen, he lost his Australian citizenship. He'd be quite a wealthy "man without a country," wouldn't he?

I think it is interesting that Shawn Enmity admiited that Jon Stewart was right that Faux had manipulated the coverage of the Bachmann rally.
                  Quote from Fox:
                  “Although it pains me to say this, Jon Stewart, Comedy Central, he was right,” said Hannity on Fox News. “He was correct, we screwed up. We aired some video of a rally in September along with a video from the actual event. It was an inadvertent mistake, but a mistake nonetheless.”
                  I will say that I admire Fox News for admitting their error; that was the right thing to do.
                  Last edited by Leo Lakio; November 12, 2009, 01:18 PM. Reason: just keep on addin' ...

Comment

Interesting to see the change from this thread's original title:

"Faux News...Literally!" or, "Oh, for Fox's Sake!"

to the more innocuous:

"FOX News Network".

Trying to fool conservative HT'ers into reading the thread, perhaps?

Comment

Re: FOX News Network

That's a prerequisite for the matapule job!

This is not a question of personal political leanings. It is all about holding the media responsible for what they present as news. Jon Stewart did us all a favor by exposing Faux New's continuing manipulation of the "news." Now lets see if we can catch Stewart in some hypocrisy. That's when it gets fun, holding the media accountable. Cyleet, if you run across something from CNN, please post it.
                      I'm on the hunt!

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post

to the more innocuous:

"FOX News Network".

Ah, well, in for a penny, in for a pound. How'd that happen, anyway? Did admin have to change it? BTW, thanks for the info about MSNBC; I coulda sworn I saw Olbermann on CNN. I still don't like him as a commentator; unfortunately I have not seen any of his work as a journalist.

Comment

to the more innocuous:

"FOX News Network".

Now changed to:

It should be called the FOX Editorial Network not the FOX News Network

Too much fun on HT today!

Comment

Re: It should be called the FOX Editorial Network not the FOX News Network

to the more innocuous:

"FOX News Network".

Nope. Was trying to make sure that when the time comes to actually storm the castle with those pitchforks, torches and signs that you got the right castle and those signs have the correct spelling on them. It will be a bummer to storm the wrong place due to a clerical error.

Ah, well, in for a penny, in for a pound. How'd that happen, anyway? Did admin have to change it?
                          Nope, the moderator has the power to change thread titles too. Maybe the latest thread title change might be a better fit for this thread.
                          Last edited by helen; November 12, 2009, 02:45 PM.

Comment

Re: It should be called the FOX Editorial Network not the FOX News Network

Too funny, helen - you're in fine form today (and no, I'm not being sarcastic). I love the concept of "storm(ing) the wrong place due to a clerical error."

Comment

When has Hume ever been anything but a lapdog 'journalist' for the right?

Debates? You mean ranting shoutdowns and then cutting anybody who dares to get over on him right off the air, don't you?
                              Hume a "lapdog?"

O'Reilly ranting against, shouting down and cutting off the Rev. Al Sharpton?

You're certainly entitled to your opinions, Ron. But honestly, I haven't seen any of what you're describing. As big a cable TV news junkie that I am, I don't watch FOX 24/7, so maybe you've seen some things that I missed.

But then again, I don't paint all right-wing commentators with the same brush. I appreciate the very great difference between principled and intellectual conservatives like Christopher Hitchens and Charles Krauthammer versus demagogues like Rush Limbaugh and Michelle Malkin.

And when Hume hosted his Special Report (until retiring from that chore last year), I've not heard of any panelist or political analyst suddenly being frozen out because they didn't tow an editorial line, ala Dana Milbank's abrupt dismissal from regular contributor status on Keith Olbermann's show after writing one less-than-glowing column about then-presidential candidate Obama in the Washington Post.
                              This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
                                O'Reilly ranting against, shouting down and cutting off the Rev. Al Sharpton?
                                FM, why do you assume Ron was speaking only of O'Reilly's conversation with Rev. Sharpton, just because it was one example you cited?

O'Reilly's use of the "shut up!" and "cut his mic" technique are legendary (and high ratings bringers); there are many guests, Rev. Sharpton included, who have not been silenced in such a manner - and there are many who have.

Comment

Working...
                                X