Tyler leaving Aerosmith

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyler leaving Aerosmith

Perry found out on the net. Tyler hasn't sed squat to anyone in the band, and is speculating about a solo career.
    So, ya'll that caught their recent gigs here may have seen the very last of them in classic aggregation.

Then again, maybe he just needs to chill, and if he and Perry can patch it up...
    https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Re: Tyler leaving Aerosmith

Tyler, onstage with Perry, says not leaving Aerosmith
    Tyler told celebrity web site TMZ.com after Tuesday's appearance that "There is absolutely no validity to the rumor that Aerosmith is breaking up."Perry said of Tyler's appearance at his concert. "He just couldn't stay away." Asked about rumors the band was breaking up, Perry told TMZ.com: "None of that's true."

Comment

hey, ron, was your news source about aerosmith the same as the one who provided you the scoops on this, this and this?
      superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Why? Are you missing something from your butt?

Talk to Joe about it.

Comment

scalded, much?

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
          Talk to Joe about it.
          joe tyler? what, and do the work for you like i did here? you really do have a penchant for expecting fellow HTers to pound the pavement for you, whether it's fact checking "word on the street," researching future purchasing choices, or finding out how to fix stuff.

tis a pity. here i was, having a moment of beneficence, just about to help you with a fresh sardine purveyor. twill be droll to see what you'd say i can do with that.
          Last edited by cynsaligia; November 11, 2009, 11:42 AM. Reason: correction, correction...
          superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

FWIW...Tom Moffatt Productions stated on Facebook..."The rumors are not true. Steven Tyler is NOT leaving Aerosmith!"...and added this link.

Comment

As soon as the Twitter rumors started to fly and some of the stuff showed up in the online papers, the Aerosmith Wikipedia article turned into an edit war. I had joined in on the Twitter rumor-mongering, but when I saw the stuff being quoted in Wikipedia, I realized there was nothing official or substantial about any of the news. I quickly deleted a bunch of stuff in that article and watched as others edited, unedited, reedited, and argued about the article. It was kind of amusing, but the more people argued about it, the more I realized this was going to turn out to be nothing. I'm glad I got into and out of the discussion early. It's like the Fort Hood and Balloon Boy stories. News travels before anyone has time to confirm anything. Then it's all speculation and hype, and we all jump in and participate and then feel stupid afterward.
              But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
              GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
                As soon as the Twitter rumors started to fly and some of the stuff showed up in the online papers, the Aerosmith Wikipedia article turned into an edit war. I had joined in on the Twitter rumor-mongering, but when I saw the stuff being quoted in Wikipedia, I realized there was nothing official or substantial about any of the news. I quickly deleted a bunch of stuff in that article and watched as others edited, unedited, reedited, and argued about the article. It was kind of amusing, but the more people argued about it, the more I realized this was going to turn out to be nothing. I'm glad I got into and out of the discussion early. It's like the Fort Hood and Balloon Boy stories. News travels before anyone has time to confirm anything. Then it's all speculation and hype, and we all jump in and participate and then feel stupid afterward.
                all this cause of twitter? sigh. brings a whole new meaning to the phrase, "a little bird told me...."

Comment

Originally posted by cynsaligia View Post
                  all this cause of twitter? sigh. brings a whole new meaning to the phrase, "a little bird told me...."
                  Well, some folks thrive on rumor-mongering, others can't let go of a non-story that captivated them - even when everyone else has recognized that its value has been depleted.

As scrivener noted, the Balloon Boy story; look at the HT thread - nearly two weeks of silence, signifying the death of the horse, but someone is bound to come out and flog it further.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                    Well, some folks thrive on rumor-mongering, others can't let go of a non-story that captivated them - even when everyone else has recognized that its value has been depleted.

As scrivener noted, the Balloon Boy story; look at the HT thread - nearly two weeks of silence, signifying the death of the horse, but someone is bound to come out and flog it further.
                    just checking, leo: does your second sentence have anything to do with your first sentence?

Comment

Originally posted by cynsaligia View Post
                      just checking, leo: does your second sentence have anything to do with your first sentence?
                      Oh, probably.

Comment

Maybe Aerosmith should milk this rumor for whatever they can get out of it. Entire books and websites have been devoted to the "Paul McCartney is dead" conspiracy.
                        This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

This might be one of those fake fights you see on reality shows. The show Cheaters had staged their fights accordingly to some of the people who appeared on the show.

Comment

The rumors of Tyler leaving or not leaving are at least a week old and I and others have been posting about it here: http://www.hawaiithreads.com/showthread.php?t=16914

Comment

Cyn to replace Robert Plant in Led Zeppelin!

Just ask Joe Tyler...

Too bad Steve isn't leaving. Maybe wishful thinking on my part, but this band needs something to kick them up a few notches from where they've been wallowing for so many years.
                              Maybe William Hung is willing when Steve does leave again, which he will.

Comment

Working...
                              X