Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This thread is to discuss the movie titled 2012 directed by Roland Emmerich which opens on November 13, 2009.

If you want to discuss the event on which this movie is premised on please go to the thread titled December 2012 in This Island Earth sub-forum.

From the previews I have seen in the threaters it seems that this movie falls in the "disaster" genre.

Re: 2012

Will there be a happy ending to this movie?

Comment

Originally posted by Honoruru View Post
      Will there be a happy ending to this movie?
      You'll have to endure the cliffhanger to the sequel...
      Youth may be wasted on the young, but retirement is wasted on the old.
      Live like you're dying, invest like you're immortal.
      We grow old if we stop playing, but it's never too late to have a happy childhood.
      Forget about who you were-- discover who you are.

Comment

Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think.

And it surely took Mr. Emmerich a lonnnnnnnng time to tell us.

Comment

Originally posted by Nords View Post
          You'll have to endure the cliffhanger to the sequel...
          2012 Part II or 2013?
          The prequel is 2011.

Comment

Albert, another friend and I saw this movie this morning at the Ward theater. It is a long movie, it started at 11:15 am and we came out just before 2pm (including watching the credits).

I have mixed feelings about this movie. Some parts of the movie were full of action and other parts of the movie that defy physics.

Comment

According to one of my Facebook friends who saw it today:
              Absolutley the biggest piece if dog shit EVER made!!

Comment

And, another friend:
                OK. Just saw 2012. WOW!! The special effects are the best I have ever seen. It's a gotta see!
                Just not my genre. Think I'll wait for the remake of Sound of Music!

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
                  2012 Part II or 2013?
                  The prequel is 2011.
                  How about 12/22/12. When everybody wakes up from a nightmare

Oh man someone should make a 2012 Calender with the last 10-days missing.
                  Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
                    How about 12/22/12. When everybody wakes up from a nightmare

Oh man someone should make a 2012 Calender with the last 10-days missing.
                    There's Got to be a Morning After.

Comment

My favorite bit was Her Majesty QE2 rushing onto the ark with two Corgis, never mind husband and the bonnie Pirnces.

Comment

I HATED this movie! Argh!!! I want that two and a half hours of my life back!
                        ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

This movie can be best described by two words: Special Effects. If you like great special effects, you'll love this movie. Falling buildings, earthquakes, erupting volcanoes, sinking ships, tsunamis, large and small airplanes feats of flying, etc. Imagine every disaster movie rolled into one, and there is probably an element of the disaster in this movie. (Well, except for invasions by aliens or blobs.)

Now, the story line is another thing. There are huge gaps and jumps in the story. But, if you think of the story as just a way to get from one special effect to another, as a bridge between crashes and eruptions and quakes, well, then the faulty story line won’t bother you so much. You’ll be too busy wondering “how did they film that” to have time to think “gee that does not make sense”.
                          Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

I kept laughing out loud at stuff in the movie that isn't supposed to be funny!
                            Burl Burlingame
                            "Art is never finished, only abandoned." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
                            honoluluagonizer.com

Comment

Originally posted by buzz1941 View Post
                              I kept laughing out loud at stuff in the movie that isn't supposed to be funny!
                              If you are talking about the story line, yeah, that is an easily understood reaction. We had a fine time in the car ride home with the teenagers, discussing the big flaws in the plot. But, one teen commented, "there were lots of problems with the story, but I did not find a single mistake in the special effects". (So says the movie-going, computer geek, video game addicted teen.)
                              Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Working...
                              X