What's your favorite gun store?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What's your favorite gun store?

Wow Craig the Democrat has a gun? just kidding.....

Brian is in charge of Magnum now....

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
    I have a friend who is obsessed with guns. He'll fire off a round from his Glock, pick up the spent cartridge with a pair of long nosed pliers and inhale the residual scent of the gunpowder and relish it...yeah time to consider your mental health buddy!

Now don't get me wrong, I have no issues with guns. Heck I was a marksman with my M-16 rifle in the military. I hunted Muflon with my friends in Molokai and went pig and bird hunting in Waianae a few times.

As for guns in the house, I have one but it's well hidden and the ammo in distinct different place under lock and key. I got three minor boys in the house. When it comes to personal safety and the closest police precinct is too far away, you gotta protect your family for the moment. Most crooks know that most homeowners are not prepared to fend off an attacker and they will without hesitation knock down your front door and hold you and your family at gunpoint while they rob you silly. Not in my home. I've been trained in firearms, I know how to use them and I won't have any hesitation in using it if my family is threatened...plus knowing Aikido and being trained in taking on armed adversaries from my military days helps.

But if you don't know how to use a gun, then I wouldn't even consider owning one because it will be used against you.

As for gun stores? Art Ong? Lots of guns and very knowledgable, but...

Comment

There is a new shop in Waipahu

X-ring Security & Firearms
      94-116 Pupuole Pl
      Waipahu, HI 96797-2318
      (808) 678-8535

It is in back of a Painting Company that the owner also manages.
      kinda in the ghetto tho. but nice guys.

If the gate is closed call the number.
      hours is 10am-5pm M-F

I just got back in to shooting. There are no real good stores here anymore.
      They mostly have high end stuff and everything good has to be ordered.
      I guess its good for the professionals. but for the average Joe or cheap Charlies like me there is swap meets and Gun Shows.

WGS is also a good shop. as well as Security, Young Guns. OGC and Gunsource.

I got a bad taste at KGS. The guy was rude to me and that was my first time there.
      Last edited by speedtek; November 14, 2011, 07:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
        I know the owner of Kaneohe Gun Shop. We went to high school together, and while I wouldn't call him a friend, we're at least friendly enough to have socialized a few times. I've heard him deliver his spiel a couple of times, and while I think he's a bit verbose, it's clear the guy knows his stuff, takes his stuff seriously, and won't rip you off. I don't think I'll ever buy a gun, but if I do, it will be from Daniel.
        That's my huckeleberry! Dealed me out a time and again when the sherrif was breathing down my neck....

I usually do the range on the crater past Hawaii Kai for practice.
        Security Arms downtown is a GREAT training facility; even got my wife to like guns!?!

Young Guns is a good place to buy or learn about buying.

QEDK
        Last edited by Kaonohi; November 15, 2011, 08:07 PM.
        Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
        ~ ~
        Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
        Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
        Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaonohi View Post
          That's my huckeleberry! Dealed me out a time and again when the sherrif was breathing down my neck....

I usually do the range on the crater past Hawaii Kai for practice.
          Security Arms downtown is a GREAT training facility; even got my wife to like guns!?!

Young Guns is a good place to buy or learn about buying.

QEDK
          Dan from Kaneohe Gun is a very good guy. He would do FFL transfers from Ebay back in the day. Young Guns is also a very good shop. I've bought a lot of stuff from them.

Comment

Wow, I didn't even notice this thread got resurrected

Originally posted by speedtek View Post
            Brian is in charge of Magnum now....
            Heh, yeah. Now that Ong has been convicted for evading payment of over $600,000 in taxes. March will bring interesting news.

Brian's OK. He once tried to convince me a Gen 3 RTF Glock was a Gen 4, though.

There is a new shop in Waipahu

X-ring Security & Firearms
            Cool. Thanks for the tip!

I just got back in to shooting.
            Awesome. Welcome back

I took a break for a while also. Then a friend asked me to help zero his rifle. The smell of gunpowder got me all jonesing again. Of course, shooting on a static firing line doesn't compare to the stuff they do on the mainland.

I tried skeet & trap shooting a while back. Man that was fun. Such a nice change of pace, doing instinctive shooting, instead of concentrating on sights.

I got a bad taste at KGS. The guy was rude to me and that was my first time there.
            Hahaha, I know what you're talking about. Dan's a good guy, BUT he's rough around the edges. He dispenses with all pleasantries; he won't greet a customer nor acknowledge their presence, until they ask a question.

If you want no-BS advice on self defense, it's worth listening to what he has to say.

Originally posted by Kaonohi View Post
            Wow, your wife? Congratulations!

Security Arms...I'm not familiar with that place. They have an indoor range?

Originally posted by 808shooter View Post
            Dan from Kaneohe Gun is a very good guy.
            Yeah, he's a solid guy. Just rough around edges. If you ask him about one of his pet peeves, he'll stand on the soap box all day and ignore customers. Cracks me up.
            Last edited by MyopicJoe; December 1, 2011, 08:54 PM.
            "By concealing your desires, you may trick people into being cruel about the wrong thing." --Steven Aylett, Fain the Sorcerer
            "You gotta get me to the tall corn." --David Mamet, Spartan
            "
            Amateurs talk technology, professionals talk conditions." --(unknown)

Comment

I now work at
              X-Ring Security & Firearms Training Inc
              94-116 Pupuole St
              Waipahu, Hawaii 96797
              Phone: (808) 368-5263

We specialize in Custom Builds and Gunsmithing.
              We Sell nearly everything.
              Brian Takaba is the Manager there formerly from Magnum.

Comment

Today's newspaper claims that since the recent election gun sales are WAY up, and there are lines 30 people long at the Police Dept registering new guns.

Word on the street is that our representatives are moving toward accepting U.N. control of our gun laws, and that Obama is pushing for more gun control, and that this is triggering a run on gun sales.

Don't say you weren't warned.
                Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
                ~ ~
                Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
                Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
                Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Working...
                X