Ka-laniana'ole Highway at Makapu'u roadwork

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ka-laniana'ole Highway at Makapu'u roadwork

Upcoming is a state project to reinforce and stabilize the rocky hillside along Ka-laniana'ole Highway at Makapu'u.
    http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/ar...usinesses+hard
    Construction on the $7.8 million project is to begin Nov. 29 and be completed in late 2010. The work will mean single-lane closures of the highway near Makapu'u during the day and full closure overnight.
    How will it affect you?
    Will it affect your travel? Your business?
    Do you think it is best to do extreme road closures, so that the project is done as quickly as possible? Or, would it be better to limit the road closure so that traffic is not affect as much, even if it means the project will take longer to complete?

I remember the closure in 2002, and my thoughts when I heard about this new plan was that Hawaii Kai was going to hate the next year due to traffic increasing in their area.
    Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Re: Ka-laniana'ole Highway at Makapu'u roadwork

Then, there was the Kalanianaole roadwork between Aina Haina and Hawaii Kai during the early 90s (or was it the late 80s?). Unbearable!

Will the upcoming Makapu`u road work affect me? Minimally. I have friends who live in Kalama Valley between Hawaii Kai Dr. and Kalanianaole. I'll need to remember to take Lunalilo Home Rd.! Thanx for the heads up.

Comment

Sue,
      The road work is at Mokapuu, beyond Kalama Valley. I put up a blog entry about it:

http://yourmileagemayvary.honadvblog...kapuu-lookout/

I'm hoping some folks might chime in!
      Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Thx, LG. I remember how horrible the traffic got on Kalanianaole a couple of decades ago and just figured it would be worse around Makapu`u because the road is narrower; that it might back up badly, even tho' it's not a developed residential area. Maybe the Pali will absorb the bulk of the cars! Time will tell I guess. I don't go to Kalama Valley all that often but I just had another friend move there so my visits will increase. I'll need to tape a sign up in my car as a reminder!

Comment

Working...
        X