What are you doing TONIGHT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What are you doing TONIGHT?

I know this thread is intended for "TONIGHT", but I am a slow internet poster!

Two nights ago, I went to a concert of Japanese pop, rock, and punk, the band name is ZAMZA. Those aren't my genres, but I went with some friends and I had a great time!

Comment

Last night we watched Donnie Darko. I had to watch it twice, and look it up on IMDB.com. Confusing, but so cool.

Comment

Going to see several members of the "Whose Line Is It Anyway?" TV show in live performance.

Comment

Going to a Smooth Jazz Nights concert featuring Michael Paulo, Brian Culbertson and Jessy J.

Leo...I'd love to be going with you! Do cast members have their own comedy concert on the week-ends? I'll never forget the ep with Robin Williams as a guest. Pandemonium!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
            Leo...I'd love to be going with you! Do cast members have their own comedy concert on the week-ends? I'll never forget the ep with Robin Williams as a guest. Pandemonium!!!!
            It's a tour, with Greg Proops, Ryan Stiles (who lives up here), Chip Esten & Jeff Davis. They were joined last night by a special guest, however - a man with whom they have all worked, and who is part-owner of the Seattle Sounders FC (soccer team). The Sounders are in playoffs this weekend, so he's here for the game. I'll let you do the research to figure out this "Sunday puzzle" (nod there to NPR fans).

Tonight, it's a big slack key show - Cyril Pahinui, Dennis & David Kamakahi, Makana, Jeff Peterson, Sonny Lim, Don Kaulia, Leabert Lindsay, Kunia Galdeira & more. Skylark is the emcee, but several of us from the local Hawaiian radio show will do an opening welcome.

Comment

well I'm new to HT, am in Kihei Maui, on facebook and I'll be watching the sun set between Kaho'olawe and Lana'i, then meeting friends and having an early evening, getting up at 6am for work. went this a.m. for 5 mile walk on Waipuilani beach, sunned for an hour meditated on the breeze and waves, watched to boats go by. you know just another day in paradise

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                They were joined last night by a special guest, however - a man with whom they have all worked, and who is part-owner of the Seattle Sounders FC (soccer team).
                Drew Carey. He's great in scripted comedy, but how is he at improv comedy? I was always disappointed that he didn't participate very much in the improv on that TV show.

Many years ago when I attended the UW, we would often go watch Theatresports at a tiny theater just off campus (somewhere near Brooklyn and 42nd?). It was hilarious.

Comment

Originally posted by localmoco View Post
                  Drew Carey. He's great in scripted comedy, but how is he at improv comedy? I was always disappointed that he didn't participate very much in the improv on that TV show.
                  He's gotten better, but he's by far the weakest link of the ensemble. He just happens to have the most fame.
                  Originally posted by localmoco View Post
                  Many years ago when I attended the UW, we would often go watch Theatresports at a tiny theater just off campus (somewhere near Brooklyn and 42nd?). It was hilarious.
                  They still exist, but they've been working out of a space in Pike Place Market for quite a while now.

Oh, and as for tonight - my third yoga class. Ow. Trying to regain the flexibility I used to have back in my t`ai chi and hula past.

Comment

Making macaroni & cheese with ham, red bell pepper and broccoli with
                    truffle oil and pigging out!

Comment

Same thing as last night...
                      Trying to upload a video to YouTube!

Comment

Crossword puzzles and Freecell. Oh, and talk story with uaifi.
                        Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Recovering from work with hot tea, HT, and the guinea pig squeaking for a snack. DH on his computer and me on mine, and the Coast Guard searching the waters off our shore.

Hope they find what they are looking for.

then off to bed for another busy shift tomorrow.

Comment

Fixing my computer, which for some reason, no longer believes anything is connected to any USB port on the box...

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                              Fixing my computer, which for some reason, no longer believes anything is connected to any USB port on the box...
                              Check your USB drivers in your Device Manager. If it's not there you may want to try and reinstall them thru Microsoft's download site.
                              Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

we are finally going to sleep after having a long, eventful grumpy day. tomorrow starts in four hours. junk.
                                superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Working...
                                X