IPhone vs. Blackberry?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: IPhone vs. Blackberry?

All the store cards I used to carry in my wallet, are now in one iPhoto folder.

I carry over 2000 pictures on my iPhone as well as videos. When I travel, I no longer have to lug photos around.

VoiceRecord quickly records voice memos or whatever. Very handy.

I love several aps: Midomi finds a song name when I play or hum it; SnapTell allows me to take a picture of a book cover with the iPhone camera. It then finds info on the book including on-line prices.

Email and web browsing are a snap.

Comment

oh! one other stupid stupid incredibly stupid thing the iphone does not have is an option for is for you to place a "reward for this iphone if returned intact to its owner. please call 8085551212" type message on the home screen. yes, i know i can remotely wipe my phone if it gets into the wrong hands, but i'd prefer the option of offering $$ to get my phone back intact. right now, i've stuck a label on the back of my iphone with such information. the iskin solo i use is transparent so it's readily visible.
      if you have mobile me, you can remotely lock the phone and send a custom message to display on the screen.

the iphone's email is not exactly the most secure, either, from a business standpoint. it's certainly not good enough, in my view, to use in a healthcare setting.
      that does not apply to the 3GS (only 3G and previous). The 3GS fully supports the hardware verification and SSL connectivity for Exchange.

i hate that it's complicated to do customized musical ringtones on the iphone. i could easily make ringtones specifically for every person on my contact list with my blackberry if i were so inclined.
      That and many other qualms are easily fixed if you jailbreak
      website - http://www.brianhancock.com
      blog - http://blog.brianhancock.com

Comment

Originally posted by Nords View Post
        That's going to have to do until I can get a fully-functioning cell phone tattooed into the palm of my hand-- with the earpiece on the tip of my thumb and the mic on my pinkie, of course.

I still haven't figured out how I'd handle texting, Web browsing, ... and ring tones.

Drifting back toward the original topic, Kim Komando pulled together this comparison chart:
        http://www.komando.com/toolbox.aspx?mode=print&id=7663
        But you can't use it while driving
        Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by LocalMotion View Post
          if you have mobile me, you can remotely lock the phone and send a custom message to display on the screen.
          no one should have to (1) wait until their phone is missing and (2) pay $99 a year to do that.

that does not apply to the 3GS (only 3G and previous). The 3GS fully supports the hardware verification and SSL connectivity for Exchange.
          ah, yes. for EXCHANGE. what about businesses who don't use exchange? and why did apple BS about it in the first place?

That and many other qualms are easily fixed if you jailbreak
          thank you for proving my point about the iphone not being, in reality, the fully superior product for which fanboys fall over in ecstatic sighing & extollment. why the hell would a legion of iphone owners jailbreak their phones, despite the fact doing so would null the warranty?

BECAUSE IT'S LACKING SOMETHING.

by the way, the main reason i'm posting here is to air two more gripes about my iphone. today is the second time in six months where, while syncing, all my contacts have been duplicated, for no good reason. the easiest way for me to fix this is to delete all my contacts on my iphone and in my mac and then use gmail to reconstruct my contacts. what. a. pain. my blackberry never did this. (and no, the problem wasn't caused by mobileme, because i am smart enough to have set mobile me NOT to do anything with my contacts from the very beginning, thankyouverymuch.)

in addition, if you have photos on your computer and you put them on your iphone, you cannot delete them from your iphone unless you connect your iphone to your computer. the iphone allows you only to delete photos from your iphone if the picture was taken by your iphone. good thing i discovered this before hanging out with my 14 year old cousin. she doesn't need to see the pictures of me all faded & messy while holding up a bottle of cristal for new year's, for example.

now that eric has had his HTC tilt 2 for a month, i'm realizing something. if you compare the HTC tilt 2 and the iphone--straight out of the box--there is really only ONE significant asset: the ease of the iphone to get on java-heavy websites like HPU's online classes. (again, that is the one thing i cannot be without right now.)

i really really truly had disgust for my iphone after watching the copy of transformers 2 that eric had downloaded from his laptop to his tilt2. the images had a level of clarity with no hiccups or artifacts whatsoever--something that i've never experienced with any video on my iphone. the pleasure was like watching the dvd on our living room flatscreen, but shrunk down to handsize.

granted, there are 965,729,568,423,645,314,576,839,724,113,978 apps written for the iphone. and maybe there isn't yet one single other phone that's an "iphone killer." but if it was so damn good, why do so many iphone users have to figure out "workarounds" like i do with my contacts problem? why is jailbreaking such a popular option for people?

the slavish, drooling loyalty of some of the iphone's admirers is silly, considering that increasingly, other products on the market executes a lot of things more simply and better. and without having to buy a stupid app for it!
          superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Hey I just upgraded my BB to version 5.0 or whatever. Now my BB can do multiple apps simultaneously. And I'm on Verizon!

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
              Hey I just upgraded my BB to version 5.0 or whatever. Now my BB can do multiple apps simultaneously. And I'm on Verizon!
              me too! Loving my Tour!
              Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Though not much of a concern for Hawaii residents, cold winter weather can make it nigh impossible for the gloved set to fiddle with their iPhones. What to do? Get a proper stylus, of course: http://bit.ly/99Vigr.

Bonus: It's edible!
                "If it's brown, it's cooked. If it's black, it's f***ed" - G. Ramsey

Comment

If you need access to a blackberry enterprise server for work, then go Blackberry.

If you just need a great phone to make calls and do 10,000 other things, iPhone all the way!
                  Eating my way through restaurants at http://www.nomnomfoodie.com

Growing a local Hawaii food blogger community at http://www.hawaiifoodbloggers.com

Comment

Originally posted by dyasu View Post
                    If you need access to a blackberry enterprise server for work, then go Blackberry.

If you just need a great phone to make calls and do 10,000 other things, iPhone all the way!
                    problem with iPhones and most of their apps, is you need coverage. Otherwise it's just a brick...but a mighty thin one at that

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
                      problem with iPhones and most of their apps, is you need coverage. Otherwise it's just a brick...but a mighty thin one at that
                      i've never had coverage problems on my parts of Oahu, or Phoenix, or San Antonio, or Austin.
                      website - http://www.brianhancock.com
                      blog - http://blog.brianhancock.com

Comment

i've never had coverage problems on my parts of Oahu, or Phoenix, or San Antonio, or Austin.
                        Our kid's high school is full of stories about coverage gaps between Mililani & Mililani Mauka, two neighborhoods that you would expect to be thoroughly covered by cell towers.

I think that the iPhone is turning out to be one more Apple product that's extremely useful in schools/colleges. Hard to appreciate until you spend time around the users.
                        Youth may be wasted on the young, but retirement is wasted on the old.
                        Live like you're dying, invest like you're immortal.
                        We grow old if we stop playing, but it's never too late to have a happy childhood.
                        Forget about who you were-- discover who you are.

Comment

With all the talk about BB users defecting to the iPhone as soon as their contracts have expired, Verizon has come up with a whale of an exclusive free app with NFL Mobile. And this version of NFL Mobile will be bigger and better than what Sprint users had previously. Besides the stats, news stories, and the video-on-demand that you would expect, the NFL Network is now being streamed live to the phones 24/7. So yeah, one will be able to see the 2010 Draft coverage as well as the Sunday and Thurday night games anywhere.

For once, it's my iPhone-using friends (esp. those who are football fans) who are now envious of my Verizon BB.
                          This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Working...
                          X