Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edward Woodward, RIP

Actor Edward Woodward dies at 79

I knew him best as the Equalizer. That and Magnum were my two favorite shows of the 1980s.

Re: Edward Woodward, RIP

kinda gross, considering how young i was then, but i thought the equalizer was nothing but hotness, what with his distinguished panache holding back the deliberate viciousness he could unleash. thomas magnum might have been the robert mccall's contemporary but definitely not his equal, in my eyes.
    superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Woodward was also in the 1960s British spy series "Callan". I haven't seen any episodes, but apparently there are a few similarities between that and the Equalizer. The former may be quite enjoyable to anyone who liked the latter.

Comment

Did he appear with Michael Caine in a scene?

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
          Did he appear with Michael Caine in a scene?
          I checked using IMDB's joint ventures feature. It appears they have not, unless one of them was uncredited for the appearance for whatever reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Vanguard View Post
            Woodward was also in the 1960s British spy series "Callan". I haven't seen any episodes, but apparently there are a few similarities between that and the Equalizer. The former may be quite enjoyable to anyone who liked the latter.
            thanks for the tip, vanguard. i'll have to wait until this semester is over to check that out. many of my nights are spent watching various iterations of british comic literature plus reading then watching literature adapted to film.
            superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

No problem, Cyn!

Callan is on Netflix, and I've been reading nothing but good things about the film "The Wicker Man" (based on a book called "The Ritual", apparently).

Comment

Originally posted by Vanguard View Post
                I checked using IMDB's joint ventures feature. It appears they have not, unless one of them was uncredited for the appearance for whatever reason.
                So, they might the same person.
                Michael Caine played a killer with a dual personality. Is there still a spoiler alert for that movie by naming it?

Comment

Working...
                X