Animals that care about humans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Animals that care about humans

When I lose faith in people caring about each other, it is usually then that I find the coolest stuff about animals caring about humans.

Y'all just gotta see this.

I'm really glad she didn't think he was a penguin. That would have been ugly.

Re: Animals that care about humans

this is a duplicate
    Last edited by matapule; November 16, 2009, 12:54 PM. Reason: duplicate
    Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Thanks Cy

I love animals. We particpated in a leatherback hatchling release last night. 55 of those little critters in the nest. Many will find their way to Hawaii and Japan eventuallly.

An hour ago, we found a dead Great Horned Owl on the beach dead. He was a big boy with about a 5 or 6 foot wingspread. It breaks my heart. I hope it wasn't the one who lives in the palm tree outside our bathroom window.
      Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Whatta cool story. Animals are so amazing. Here's a great video about how they get along with each other. Humans can certainly take some lessons.

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
          we found a Great Horned Owl on the beach dead. He was a big boy with about a 5 or 6 foot wingspread. It breaks my heart. I hope it wasn't the one who lives in the palm tree outside our bathroom window.
          Awww. If it was, I hope he died of old age. I love owls. There's at least one that hunts along Kaukonahua Road just north of Schofield.

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
          Whatta cool story. Animals are so amazing. Here's a great video about how they get along with each other. Humans can certainly take some lessons.
          That was a great video, TS. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by cyleet99 View Post
            Awww. If it was, I hope he died of old age. I love owls. There's at least one that hunts along Kaukonahua Road just north of Schofield.
            Everything and everyone dies, but when loved people/animals/things precede us, we learn what it is to mourn their loss.

I was reminded once that death is not the end we think, just a transition.

My deaf blue-eyed, white cat got run over by a snowplow, and had no chance for survival. I terminated her and was in great grief about it.
            Next morning, meditating, I felt a rough tongue lick my face; I knew I had done right.

K.
            Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
            ~ ~
            Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
            Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
            Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

We are sashimi to bigger animals.

Comment

very cool, cyleet! thx for sharing that!

in the vein of animals caring for humans, here is my contribution.
                superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Working...
                X