Elton John Blaisdell Arena 1/6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elton John Blaisdell Arena 1/6

Don't think Billy Joel is on this gig with EJ, I went to his shows here in 2000 and 2001. Been a big fan since I was about 3 years old and I would try and dress up, wear the big glasses and mimic him, back in the Crocodile Rock days...

Aj

Re: Elton John Blaisdell Arena 1/6

I saw him with a full orchestra at one of the famed Dodger Stm. shows in '75? where he came out in a full Dodger uniform completely bedecked in sequins. Good show, but I was there to see Joe Walsh with opener Emmylou Harris.
    This bill stemed from a Shrine Aud. gig the previous year that showcased headliner Joe Walsh & Barnstorm and opener Harris doing a very hot gig that included Elton coming out for the encore of The Beatles 'Get Back'. I guess they had such a good time they went for it again in a bigger form.
    https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Re: Elton John Blaisdell Arena 1/6

I saw Elton John at the Blaisdell Center in 1980 with his full band. They played most of his famous 1970s era hits like "Funeral For A Friend/Love Lies Bleeding", "Rocket Man," "Your Song", "Crocodile Rock" and "Candle in the Wind" among others. It was a good show and concerts back then were affordable.

Not anymore. EJ is way past his prime and ticket prices are too high these days. Plus most of his newer songs are pretty forgettable and his old ones don't sound like they did when his voice was better in the 1970s and early 80s.

Pass.
      I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Working...
      X