How am I supposed to dream...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How am I supposed to dream...

...of Hawaii if the talk has slowed down here so much?

I'm still in California, but now have a job that will let me travel and possibly move around. As I look fondly back to Hawaii, coming in here is a great source of keeping the dream alive. So, what's a guy gotta do to shake things up around here?

Re: How am I supposed to dream...

We've wore ourselves out in this thread!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
      TutuSue, how did you do that link to another thread? And put in your own words in the link?
      Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by Amati View Post
        TutuSue, how did you do that link to another thread? And put in your own words in the link?
        Egads, I'm having problems with my native language today. I meant to type "worN" not "worE"!

Anyway, Amati, compose your message. If you don't already know it, find the URL you want to link. Copy it. Highlight the words you want to link in the message you're composing. Click on the "insert link" icon (it's in the toolbar immediately above the compose message window...immediately under the white smiley face), paste or type the URL into the provided puka, click on OK and...voilĂ !

Comment

Egads, I'm having problems with my native language today. I meant to type "worN" not "worE"!
          Yeah, and I bet you call it a worsh rag and not a wash cloth . "Wore out" sounded awrighty t'me! My ancestors are from Kansas and I kin talk midwestern where you drink pop and arnin is what you do to your clothes! I remember asking my Aunt Bernice how she was doing, and she said she was "tared of arnin."
          Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
            My ancestors are from Kansas and I kin talk midwestern where you drink pop and arnin is what you do to your clothes! I remember asking my Aunt Bernice how she was doing, and she said she was "tared of arnin."
            Ooh, do you nuke your food and wear sneakers? My mother's family is from Nebraska. They, too, worsh things. And drink pop.

However, if you venture a little southeast to Arkansas, someone will ask you, "Jeet?" And if you're like me, you cain't figure that out and someone else will have to interpret that's an inquiry as to whether or not you've had dinner.

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

Originally posted by drumorgan View Post
              Or maybe there are hints in this thread too.

And thanks TutuSue for the tutorial on how to do a link with "words".

Comment

Be aware that when linking threads that point to threads within HawaiiThreads.com that you do not drop the 'www' from the URL.

There is a big difference between doing it this way versus that way.

The second way there is a possibilty that you might get a server timeout since the window it generates no longer has you logged in to HawaiiThreads.com

Comment

OK Helen, but now I am confused. When I clicked on both your links, they looked the same. And, both indicated that I was still logged on. What am I missing when reading your hint? Thanks.

Comment

Do you see the differences between the two banner strips. The top one was generated from a URL that had the 'www' in it. The bottom one was generated from a URL that did not contain the 'www'.

Comment

Originally posted by drumorgan View Post
                      I think people are distracted with Palin-mania and that teen vampire movie.

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
                        Do you see the differences between the two banner strips. The top one was generated from a URL that had the 'www' in it. The bottom one was generated from a URL that did not contain the 'www'.

What I see is that if I am SIGNED ON, both of the links appear as in your example #1.
                        But if I am NOT signed on, both of the links appear as in your example #2.

Comment

Hmmm, I wonder. What kind of system and web browser do you use to view HawaiiThreads.com? For me it I tend to use Windows XP Professional and Internet Explorer V8.

Comment

Originally posted by surlygirly View Post
                            and wear sneakers?
                            Wear sneakers? In Kansas, sneakers are gas moves you didn't plan on!
                            Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
                              Wear sneakers? In Kansas, sneakers are gas moves you didn't plan on!
                              Nope, them's barkin' spiders!

Comment

Working...
                              X