Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thanksgiving 2009: What are you doing this year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Thanksgiving 2009: What are you doing this year?

I have confirmed that my local Thai place, courtside Thai, is indeed open for delivery.

Drunken noodles, spring rolls, soup, ans I am laying low. Managed to avoid ALL family(not sure yet if that is a positive or negative), and might catch the 6pm showing of Ninja Assassin.

Happy Thanksgiving, All!

I sure will miss my Thanksgiving at the Pacific beach hotel, with midnight snacks of kal bi and some leonards!
    flickr

An email from God:
    To: People of Earth
    Date: 9/04/2007
    Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
    God

Comment

Ya know...it's really nice to know that despite our differences we're one big happy family on HT, and for that I'm very grateful and thankful.

Have a great Thanksgiving everyone...and yes we do have a lot to be thankful for

Mahalo for all the support and to everyone else who lost a loved one this past year.
      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving to all HT'ers!

I will be enjoying a Thanksgiving meal courtesy of the Kau Kau Wagon, at Gateway Park, Bethel and Hotel Street on Saturday.

I was invited by 1stwahine to attend last year's meal at the same park, and I had a wonderful time, enjoying some rice, veggies, and some great tunes provided by Guy Cruz. It was so neat seeing him sing in person, less than 10 feet from where I enjoyed my meal.

Maybe if any of you are in the area, stop and see me. I shouldn't be too hard to recognize; I'll probably be the only one there with farmer overalls on.

Comment

hi,tonight we're having fried turkey breast's with canned cranberrie's and yam's from the can and macaroni salad with rice and for dessert,we'll either have my mom's pumpkin pie or the pumpkin pie my brother in law shared with us and it's from liliha bakery so we,myself and my mom will have a nice thanksgiving.

happy thanksgiving to everyone here.

well thank's for your time=o)

Comment

Roasting the turkey in the gas grill, fresh cranberries on the stove to make sauce, honey glazed ham, homemade stuffing, Pumpkin Pie and a box of Alka Seltzer in the medicine cabinet...just in case. And some Asahi Super Dry beer in the fridge.

Comment

I'm on the Big Island of Hawaii spending time with my parents and sister in Honokaa. This year Thanksgiving was kept simple and low keyed. Nice.
              I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Just the three of us...very low-key and lots of fun! We had some turkey, a ham, stuffing, lots of veggies, and apple pie for dessert. Then my son and husband killed themselves laughing over some video game, and I started fluffing up our new (fake) Christmas tree so it can get decorated. (My first false tree ever...gonna take me awhile to get used to it.)

The whole day was nice and everything I did was worthwhile just to listen to them laughing!!! That's music to my ears. So very thankful for all our blessings!

Comment

Ahh! It's over and we're all cleaned up. Jason's watching the A&M/UT game. It ended up only being Jason's friend, his girlfriend, and his 5-year old son. So no drama. Just a lot of singing and running from the kiddo.

This was a strange Thanksgiving. It didn't really feel like it was Thanksgiving for some reason. But I haven't know where I'm going to be from one year to the next- which house, etc. I guess I'm finally settled and now, after being together for 5 years, we're starting our own traditions in our little-bitty family.

And I too am thankful for our motley ohana here. You guys help keep me sane and it's so helpful and interesting to get all the different perspectives on things. So..mwah! to you all!

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

After watching Planet 51 Albert and I had a early Thanksgiving dinner at Big City Diner.

Comment

Thanksgiving 2009 is nearly over, just an hour more to go. Dinner went grand. Now the family is huddled around the ads in the papers looking for electronic equipment that is on sale tomorrow morning. Personally, I hate shopping.
                      Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by Amati View Post
                        Thanksgiving 2009 is nearly over, just an hour more to go. Dinner went grand. Now the family is huddled around the ads in the papers looking for electronic equipment that is on sale tomorrow morning. Personally, I hate shopping.
                        I'm checking the online ads.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
                          I'm checking the online ads.
                          I want a Wii game console. If you see something for less than $199 let me know please.
                          Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Amati, it was 189.00 at Costco in mid October. That's the cheapest we had seen; you need the rest of the money to get another remote set and any other attachments you want.

Wii like our Wii.

Comment

Working...
                            X