No announcement yet.

Tiger Woods injured in car accident!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Tiger Woods injured in car accident!

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
    A couple of news reports I've heard have Elin already purchasing a home in Sweden.
    There's video circulating of her in public sans wedding ring, too. Ouch.

This is one of those cases where it's better to NOT be a celebrity; at least most of us get to have our relationship issues in relative privacy.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
      Methinks YOU have an addiction to making argument where none needs exist.
      Has he been cheating on me by arguing with others? How many others? That's it. I'm going to tell all on the next edition of Katai Copy.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaonohi View Post
        Frankie, a few of us have been through this with you before. This is not just between You and Leo, at last count there were half-a dozen of us who perceived your responses as... aggressive.
        You take a very reasonable tone in this post, so I will respond.

Where exactly in post #100 was I "aggressive?"

I'm all for having an open-minded discussion on this.
        This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

To quote Rodney King, "Can't we all just get along"? If these types of arguments were done in a public setting in a restaurant or something people would be walking out in droves or the patrons kicked out.

Aj

Comment

My thoughts on 'sexual addiction'...

I have an addictive personality so understand the concept.
            What I have no compassion for is anyone not being truthful to their spouse.

If a man or woman isn't ready or able to be faithful then stay single and go ahead and get your groove on with anyone that'll have you.
            Now if you're already married and realize that you can't/won't stay faithful then be honest, tell the significant other and leave. Don't be a sneaky, lying, cheating, #%^&%@$^*(*^%$$^^&*)!!!! That just ain't cool.
            Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Menehune Man View Post
              I have an addictive personality so understand the concept.
              What I have no compassion for is anyone not being truthful to their spouse.

If a man or woman isn't ready or able to be faithful then stay single and go ahead and get your groove on with anyone that'll have you.
              Now if you're already married and realize that you can't/won't stay faithful then be honest, tell the significant other and leave.
              Amen to that. As far as the innocent victim(s) go, it doesn't matter what the root cause of the infidelity and betrayal was. Addiction or otherwise, the emotional pain and trauma that is caused by the unfaithful spouse's actions still have a devastating effect.

Don't be a sneaky, lying, cheating, #%^&%@$^*(*^%$$^^&*)!!!! That just ain't cool.
              In Tiger's case, make it a lion-cheetah.
              This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

[...]
                Now if you're already married and realize that you can't/won't stay faithful then be honest, tell the significant other and leave. Don't be a sneaky, lying, cheating, #%^&%@$^*(*^%$$^^&*)!!!! That just ain't cool.
                BINGO! My thoughts exactly...having walked in Elin's shoes! Being honest won't diminish the pain for the other spouse. But, lying doubles the pain and the damage.

Comment

People lie when they know they've done "wrong" and don't want to "be caught". So, if someone has a relationship outside of marriage, and then lies about it to hide it, so they do not get caught, then it is evident that THEY KNOW THEY ARE DOING WRONG. Sexual addiction or any other "excuse" does not override the plain truth. They know they are doing wrong. But they CHOOSE to do it anyway.

Now, if the married couple have some sort of understanding where it is acceptible to have relationships outside of marriage, then that is a different matter. No lying. No hiding. Not "doing wrong".

But, I think it is reasonable to assume that the Woods did not have any such "outside the marriage is OK" agreement. If someone will repeatedly lie and cheat (in this case, on their spouse), I can see why an advertiser would drop that person from their contract. What advertiser would want THAT type of person as their spokesperson, representing their company? Companies advertise to entice people to buy/use their product, and having trust in the company is important. So whomever the company puts out there as their "face" needs to be trustworthy.
                  Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Moving vans were spotted outside of the Woods' family mansion in Florida. Elin was also seen outside the home with her children, sans wedding ring again. Looks like Elin is serious about leaving.

The endorsement front is a mixed bag. Nike and Upper Deck have issued statements of support, while AT&T and Tag Heuer are re-evaluating their relationship with the golfer.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
                      You take a very reasonable tone in this post, so I will respond.

Where exactly in post #100 was I "aggressive?"

Perhaps this is not the perfect place for such a discussion.
                      Perhaps we have to open a new thread regarding how people perceive Frankie? Rather than hijacking this one.

However, in the interest of setting this on the right tone:
                      I did not limit my reference to your post # 100, I'm talking about your overall attitude to other posters and your aggressive attacks on other HTer's. And I think you know that - I know you're smart enough.

I'm curious why you would state this after all I said. Defensive? Automatic defense? Misdirection?

When you answer are you reacting or responding?

If this is really true, please open a thread elsewhere in a suitable place on this board. You can state your position and those who feel they have been abused by you can respond. I don't think you will. Would you rather have someone else start it?

The glove is down.

K?
                      Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
                      ~ ~
                      Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
                      Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
                      Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

New details, Elin to leave Tiger in January:

http://www.kitv.com/sports/21960156/detail.html

Comment

Perhaps this is not the perfect place for such a discussion.
                          Perhaps we have to open a new thread regarding how people perceive Frankie? Rather than hijacking this one.
                          Start a thread about myself? Nah, I've already been accused by a certain individual of having a big ego, as it is.

However, in the interest of setting this on the right tone:
                          I did not limit my reference to your post # 100, I'm talking about your overall attitude to other posters and your aggressive attacks on other HTer's. And I think you know that - I know you're smart enough.
                          This is what I have to say to that.

Anyone who has been on this board long enough establishes a certain reputation for themselves. Overall summary judgements are made. Over time, I've made posts that, when upon looking back on them, I would have written differently if I had to do it over again. But I don't think I'm alone in this situation. (If there's anyone who doesn't feel that way, I would sure be interested in those folks speaking up and making themselves known.)

Nobody's perfect here. If anyone wanted to, they could bring up things from the past at the drop of a hat as fodder for criticism. It's true for me. True for you, Kaonohi. And true for everyone else who's spend considerable time in any forum.

What I wanted to address was the criticism that I am taking in this thread. In this discussion. If I'm going to be characterized in this thread as being "aggressive," then I would like to know exactly where I was out of line in this thread. I gave you the chance to bring up those points, Kaonohi. But you didn't take it. Instead, you fell back on the summary judgements and genralizations that you have used numerous times in the past.

Yes, I'm not Mr. Congeniality when the HT Hoss awards are handed out. But this much is also clear in my mind. I didn't say anything in this thread that was out of line. And absent that, I have to wonder why you and Leo are using this thread to grind an axe with past disputes.

So if you can't make a case about how I was acting "aggressively" in post #100 on this thread, I have nothing more to say on this matter. And from this post forward, it will strictly be Tiger-related stuff from me.
                          Last edited by Frankie's Market; December 15, 2009, 01:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kalihiboy View Post
                            New details, Elin to leave Tiger in January:

http://www.kitv.com/sports/21960156/detail.html
                            "In the short term they'll act like any other loving couple."
                            That might take some really, really good acting skills! Especially considering:
                            "According to the tabloid, Uchitel told her friends that Woods still wants to continue his relationship with her."
                            And, yes, I intentionally didn't include the part about the 3-some. Might Uchitel feel Tiger will be faithful to her?

Comment

Can you believe his mistresses come on tv, cry and whine that THEY feel betrayed?? Elin is the one who should feel the most betrayed and I guess Tiger a little as each and every one of his harem sold him down the river!!

Aj

Comment

Originally posted by Kalihiboy View Post
                                Can you believe his mistresses come on tv, cry and whine that THEY feel betrayed?? Elin is the one who should feel the most betrayed and I guess Tiger a little as each and every one of his harem sold him down the river!!

Aj
                                What's more amazing to me is that Tiger got away with his affairs for so long with no major leak to the media. It was mentioned on the Today Show yesterday that he had an "inner circle" of friends and lawyers who oversaw this secret part of his life.

The 2 mistress interviews I've heard were more for damage control of their own reputations. Ai yi yi...if ya get involved with a celebrity...a MARRIED celebrity...then ya gotta pay the price.

Cyn, are ya reeling yet?!

Comment

Working...
                                X