No announcement yet.

Tiger Woods injured in car accident!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Tiger Woods injured in car accident!

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
    I hope it's better than what SNL has done with the Tiger situation. They only did the one where Tiger gets beat up by his wife.
    The creators of South Park will hold back nothing.
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
      The creators of South Park will hold back nothing.
      They would be really mean if Tiger is a Scientologist. Remember Tom Cruise and John Travolta being trapped in a closet.

Comment

Tiger Woods should stop apologizing to the public. In his next interview, he could look at the camera, wink, and say, "It's good to be Tiger."

Comment

Tiger Woods should stop apologizing to the public. In his next interview, he could look at the camera, wink, and say, "It's good to be Tiger."
          YOW!

That reminds me of the recent MEDIUM episode, where Det. Scanlon's brother finally admits he likes who he is (serial rapist murderer) and too bad, little brother....

Then: (Pseudo spoiler)

Scanlon lets him get murdered by a vigilante, even though Allison let him know in advance.

Yeah, I know, you who had not seen could not resist. Sorry bout that little brother....

K ! @ #$ c* * ( ) @ ! ^&+=
          Last edited by Kaonohi; March 22, 2010, 12:47 AM. Reason: spoiler no work! Put text in white, just highlight
          Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
          ~ ~
          Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
          Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
          Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Yep at this point trying to save his old image would not be a good idea. Reinventing Tiger Woods is the only way to go.
            Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Sounds like he's having a difficult time with the public having moved on to other (and perhaps more important) topics of discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
                Yep at this point trying to save his old image would not be a good idea. Reinventing Tiger Woods is the only way to go.
                He could use intro music with his new image on the golf course by changing his red shirt to black for AC/DC's Back in Black. He could have a manager like Mr. Fuji and do some locker room interviews challenging other golfers in steel cage matches.

Comment

http://www.fox8.com/news/wjw-nike-wo...tory?track=rss

The new Nike Tiger Woods' commercial with the voice of his late father is effective.

Comment

The new Nike Tiger Woods' commercial with the voice of his late father is effective.
                    Effective at what exactly??? As an attempt at showing sincere contrition to the world? As penance? Or at being exploitative? A desperate attempt to keep his brand alive?

It's all about selling shoes, folks. I personally think it's in bad taste and don't buy his apologies and proclamations of sorrow for his actions at all. Yet again, instead of quietly going about his business, he's found a way to take attention away from the game and other competitors by the timing of this ad. So today we're talking about this rather than the first round of the Masters, much as his press conference and ensuing interviews were timed to take away attention from the respective tournaments on those weeks.

Nicely played, Tiger.

Comment

I don't think you can blame Tiger for this ad - it was produced by Nike & released by them. By offering him sponsorship, they pretty much own his image for ads. It's not like Tiger produced this ad himself.
                      "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                      – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
                        I don't think you can blame Tiger for this ad - it was produced by Nike & released by them. By offering him sponsorship, they pretty much own his image for ads. It's not like Tiger produced this ad himself.
                        Nike is paying him for this latest commercial, sure. But you can bet Tiger and his advisors have final say and approval on all his commercials, including this one. As a matter of fact, the recording of Earl Woods' voice comes from a DVD documentary that is authorized by Tiger himself!

So let's not get started with any notion that this particular Nike commerical was forced on Tiger. Let's get real here!

As far as what I think about this commercial: Kinda odd. Some people might think it serves to repair/redeem Tiger's image. I don't know. If you ask me, Tiger can't rehabilitate his image and reputation with slick-looking TV commercials. He's gonna have to do it through his actions and how he lives his life.
                        This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by NoCal Boy View Post
                          Effective at what exactly??? As an attempt at showing sincere contrition to the world? As penance? Or at being exploitative? A desperate attempt to keep his brand alive?
                          This 30 seconds ad was more memorable that his two press conferences and interviews combined. It's an instant classic.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
                            Nike is paying him for this latest commercial, sure. But you can bet Tiger and his advisors have final say and approval on all his commercials, including this one. As a matter of fact, the recording of Earl Woods' voice comes from a DVD documentary that is authorized by Tiger himself![...]
                            Nike is one of the few sponsors that didn't drop Tiger like a hot potato. I'm only guessing here but my guess is Tiger's multi million dollar contract with Nike calls for <?#> of commercials per year or duration of the contract. If that's true then, yes, he is getting paid for this latest commercial. However, he's not getting paid extra unless it exceeds the number agreed upon in the contract. In order to appear in those spots, Tiger had to become a member of the Screen Actors Guild. SAG doesn't allow freebies unless they're PSAs and *everyone* works pro bono. The SAG contract would've mandated a minimum payment at the very least. Tiger's celebrity status and huge contract make the SAG rate a moot point.

Another guess...Nike's ad agency's creative team and Tiger's marketing machine probably had a pow wow and pounded out their strategy. I can't imagine Tiger not having a say in this spot (or any other, for that matter) but there comes a time when in such a vulnerable position, one must leave damage control up to the damage control experts.

Personally, I don't feel Tiger is in a position to make many demands of the few companies that have stood behind him. Those companies are in the drivers seat right now...unlike the past. Tiger should feel beholden to them at this point.

Just one tutu's 2 centavos!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                              Nike is one of the few sponsors that didn't drop Tiger like a hot potato. I'm only guessing here but my guess is Tiger's multi million dollar contract with Nike calls for <?#> of commercials per year or duration of the contract. If that's true then, yes, he is getting paid for this latest commercial. However, he's not getting paid extra unless it exceeds the number agreed upon in the contract. In order to appear in those spots, Tiger had to become a member of the Screen Actors Guild. SAG doesn't allow freebies unless they're PSAs and *everyone* works pro bono. The SAG contract would've mandated a minimum payment at the very least. Tiger's celebrity status and huge contract make the SAG rate a moot point.
                              I'm sure that you're right about all these details. But when I talked about Nike "paying" Tiger for this latest commercial, I was talking in the most general sense. I wasn't talking about Tiger getting paid any extra money, union scale, etc.

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                              Personally, I don't feel Tiger is in a position to make many demands of the few companies that have stood behind him. Those companies are in the drivers seat right now...unlike the past. Tiger should feel beholden to them at this point.
                              I think it all depends, based on what kind of sponsors you're talking about. The conventional wisdom has been that the sponsors who wanted to be associated with Tiger for his personality traits and clean-cut image (like Accenture) either dropped him or severely reduced his exposure. Those companies that associated themselves with Tiger because of his golfing skills (like Nike) stuck by him and would continue to do so. A devoted family man or a philanderer with a mistress waiting for him at every port, he still had obvious value to a golfing equipment industry wanting to be affiliated with the #1 golfer in the world. This was true of Nike. Phil Knight didn't even feign having any misgivings or "second-thoughts" about his company's sponsorship of Tiger, even as the public's disapproval of the golfer reached its crescendo last year. Knight knows that if Nike wavered in its relationship with Tiger's camp, there would be no shortage of competitors (i.e. Callaway, Macgregor, Ping, Taylormade, Bridgestone, etc.) who would be more than happy to fill the void as Tiger's primary sponsor.
                              Last edited by Frankie's Market; April 8, 2010, 10:14 PM.
                              This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
                                Nike is paying him for this latest commercial, sure. But you can bet Tiger and his advisors have final say and approval on all his commercials, including this one. As a matter of fact, the recording of Earl Woods' voice comes from a DVD documentary that is authorized by Tiger himself!

So let's not get started with any notion that this particular Nike commerical was forced on Tiger. Let's get real here!

As far as what I think about this commercial: Kinda odd. Some people might think it serves to repair/redeem Tiger's image. I don't know. If you ask me, Tiger can't rehabilitate his image and reputation with slick-looking TV commercials. He's gonna have to do it through his actions and how he lives his life.
                                I think I should have put a disclaimer on my posting: I do not in anyway support Tiger Woods. I think he is even lower than pond scum. To see him smiling and enjoying himself is just way out of place considering what he has done and how many people he harmed. I wish he would just quietly go away, out of sight, until he has repaired his family. and I don't feel tempted right now to purchase any product from a company that pays him money to endorse it.
                                "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                                – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Working...
                                X