No announcement yet.

Tiger Woods injured in car accident!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Tiger Woods injured in car accident!

Originally posted by D'Alani View Post
    Why are people still posting/talking about Tiger Woods and I suppose along the same line why am I still interested and reading said posts?
    'Cuz it's less depressing than talking about the economy?

And in regards to the Coke Zero- by now, I should know better than to take a swig outta my cup while reading on here!

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

Hahahaha!! I snorked while reading about the snorking!
      ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

Why are people still posting/talking about Tiger Woods and I suppose along the same line why am I still interested and reading said posts?
        Originally posted by surlygirly View Post
        'Cuz it's less depressing than talking about the economy?
        exactly that. the ancient greek view of tragedies (plays where great men fall from grace through flaw of character) provide catharsis--a release of emotional tensions, and that such plays were a necessary part of a working society. like the roman gladiator contests, tragedies help purge the pent-up discontentment of the people and therefore act as a safety valve of sorts.

it's merely human to be interested in such matters, obviously, given humanity's writing about it since time immemorial.

quite another thing, though, to revel in other people's misery. when someone dances over another's figurative grave, there is often very specific and very unflattering about the dancer's psyche at play. those who have too much of an interest in certain subject matters lean toward certain depravities.
        superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Originally posted by Amati View Post
          How could this man not think his squeeky clean public image "house of cards" wasn't gona' fall?
          That's why if I ever get popular, I make sure I project a "bad boy" image.

Let's face it. Dennis Rodman got it right.

So does Bill Clinton.
          Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
            That's why if I ever get popular, I make sure I project a "bad boy" image.

Let's face it. Dennis Rodman got it right.
            It's true. When you're a Rodman or a Barkley type, there is no fall from grace when a baker's dozen of women dish out the dirty gossip on you.

But of course, neither the Worm nor the Round Mound of Rebound had an image that earned them $100 million a year in endorsements.
            This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

How long has Tiger Woods been cheating? One of his girlfriends has kind of put on weight already.

Comment

people will continue to talk until some other celeb screws up. letterman is probably happy the focus is off him and he can joke about someone else.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharilyn View Post
                  people will continue to talk until some other celeb screws up. letterman is probably happy the focus is off him and he can joke about someone else.
                  Granted, Letterman didn't have the plethora of escapades that Tiger did. Still, Letterman handled his situation in a way that diffused it after a few days...unlike Tiger who has yet to show his face and address it. He's fueling the controversy, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                    Granted, Letterman didn't have the plethora of escapades that Tiger did. Still, Letterman handled his situation in a way that diffused it after a few days...unlike Tiger who has yet to show his face and address it. He's fueling the controversy, I think.
                    Yep! In fact, that was what I said 19 days ago.

But Tiger and his advisors picked the opposite course, pleading for privacy and not making a public statement in front of the cameras. And instead of taking control of the story by revealing the necessary (and embarrassing) details at the start and cutting off media speculation, the Woods camp left it to Tiger's harem of mistresses to tell the story. Talk about a PR strategy that back-fired, big time!

It's looking more and more like now's the time for an Oprah interview.
                    This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
                      Yep! In fact, that was what I said 19 days ago. [...]
                      Yep...shoulda written "...still fueling the controvery..."

Dang, FM, you're sounding like another HT poster!

Comment

Here it is, the now infamous "family first" interview that Tiger gave on Australian TV a little over 2 weeks before the accident.

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Some folks have taken to clucking their tongue at the media for what they perceive as intrusive and ruthless coverage of this story. But it's interviews like this (esp. part 2) which shows that the $100 mil. a year endorsement image of Tiger Woods wasn't just hero worship by the media/fans. It wasn't just a slick sales job pulled off by Tiger's agents/sponsors. It was...gasp!!!... Tiger himself who promoted this image. And now that the truth has been revealed, Tiger's critics in the media are just supposed to instantly forgive and forget? The real world doesn't work that way.

Assuming that the scandal doesn't widen out any further, I think the public will eventually forgive. But it will take some time, just as it does for anyone to re-establish their credibility once they have been caught in a tangled web of lies. Trust is not regained overnight.
                        Last edited by Frankie's Market; December 19, 2009, 09:34 PM.

Comment

I won't be forgiving him. One mistress, maybe...but he was a greedy pig about it. And now he's in hiding, sitting in his house, watching TV all day and sneaking out at night to practice his golf swing, yet he refuses to go to counseling with his wife. His mother is sickened at his behaviour. No, thanks.
                          http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
                          http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                            Dang, FM, you're sounding like another HT poster!
                            Oh ho!!! Dems dar fightin' words, Sue. Don't go there.

While I'm speaking OT, I just wanted to add:

Somebody is actually using my screen name as a tag for this thread. Would you believe that? Lil' ole' me???

Interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
                              Somebody is actually using my screen name as a tag for this thread. Would you believe that? Lil' ole' me???
                              Lights! Camera! Action! (cue the theme music from the Twilight Zone while the movie Cybil flickers on the screen).

Google the "Seven Personalities of Golf". Tiger fits right in along with some others.
                              Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
                                Lights! Camera! Action! (cue the theme music from the Twilight Zone while the movie Cybil flickers on the screen).

Google the "Seven Personalities of Golf". Tiger fits right in along with some others.
                                The way it's tagged looks so funny! florida, frankie's market, infidelity. That sounds like a place Tiger might have visited!

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

Working...
                                X