Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Tiger Woods injured in car accident!

Exclamation Tiger Woods injured in car accident!

Biggest news story of the day, for sure. No doubt, the media will be providing constant updates on Tiger's condition and the details of the accident.

Tiger Woods seriously injured in a car accident.

ORLANDO, Fla. (AP)—Tiger Woods was seriously injured in a car accident early Friday when his car struck a tree near his mansion in a gated waterfront community, authorities said.

The Florida Highway Patrol said Woods, 33, hit the hydrant and a tree after pulling out of his driveway in his 2009 Cadillac sports utility vehicle.

The patrol reported his injuries as serious, and that he was taken to Health Central Hospital. His condition was not immediately known. A supervisor in the emergency room said Friday afternoon that Woods was not a patient there.

The report said alcohol was not involved, though the accident remains under investigation. No one else was in the car, patrol spokeswoman Kim Montes said.

Default Re: Tiger Woods injured in car accident!

Let the rumors begin.
    Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

(oh, never mind)
    Last edited by anapuni808; November 27th, 2009 at 12:05 PM.
    "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
    – Sydney J. Harris

Well, he's out of the hospital. The "serious" injuries that Tiger suffered turned out to be cuts on his lips and blood in his mouth. Nothing career threatening. But authorities are still investigating the accident.

That may well be the shortest drive of his career......

Quote Originally Posted by NoCal Boy View Post
    That may well be the shortest drive of his career......
    Ba-da-thump!!!!

Windermere police chief Daniel Saylor told The Associated Press that officers found the 33-year-old PGA star laying in the street with his wife, Elin, hovering over him.

She told officers she was in the house when she heard the accident and “came out and broke the back window with a golf club,” he said. “She supposedly got him out and laid him on the ground. He was in and out of consciousness when my guys got there.”
    So what club do you think Elin Woods used to free her husband from that trap? A sand wedge?

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie's Market View Post
    So what club do you think Elin Woods used to free her husband from that trap? A sand wedge?
    Come on FM, that one's easy: a rescue club!

Somebody, please stop me...

They got into a fight because he's been seeing another woman. The cuts and scratches are from her fingernails. He was driving off when she bashed the car with the golf club.

Carry on...

Susie...that's a tmz.com cite. It has not been proven. I'll be disappointed if it is.

Maybe the other woman was giving him tips on his stroke!

Quote Originally Posted by NoCal Boy View Post
    Come on FM, that one's easy: a rescue club!
    Ah yes! Tiger could saved himself all that trouble if had used a good quality driver in the first place.

One thing that I thought was strange. Even if all the doors were locked, why did Tiger's wife break the back window, instead of say, the front passenger window? Photos of the accident scene have come out and it doesn't appear as if the front passenger door was damaged or obstructed. But no, she broke the back window in response to the accident? Wierd is all that I can say.

I would suspect that the front passenger window would not be the first window to break since there is the possibilty of flying glass hitting the driver.

The first choice might be the rear left window, behind the driver. That way if you do manage to get the doors unlock from that position you don't have to travel far to get to the driver's door opened.

Ah yes! Tiger could saved himself all that trouble if had used a good quality driver in the first place.
    Never use a putter when a driver is called for.

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

I was relieved to hear that he's okay, amused to hear his wife used a golf club to break the window.

Nothing good happens after 2:00 am.

Quote Originally Posted by SusieMisajon View Post
    They got into a fight because he's been seeing another woman. The cuts and scratches are from her fingernails. He was driving off when she bashed the car with the golf club.

Carry on...
    Have to say I believe this is what happened. His refusal to talk to the press is troubling too if it was nothing but an accident, then what do they have to hide? Now they have plenty of time to spin what they want to weave. Me thinks they got into a fight and the golf club was used not to help him but to do some damage in another way. Leaving at that odd hour and driving that fast to get away or get out of the situation he was in does seem to point to me that there was some sort of a domestic squabble.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalihiboy View Post
    Leaving at that odd hour and driving that fast to get away or get out of the situation he was in does seem to point to me that there was some sort of a domestic squabble.
    Hey, maybe Tiger just wanted to get a head start on his Black Friday shopping.

Seriously tho, I agree with you. The facts surrounding the accident don't add up to the explanation that Tiger gave on his official website. It's now been reported that passenger windows on both sides of the Escalade were broken. Also, the airbags didn't deploy, suggesting the crash into the tree wasn't at a high speed. One would swear that Tiger drove into both the hydrant and the tree trying to avoid someone, like, oh, a scorned wife wielding a golf club.

Since he wasn't seriously hurt by the crash, err I mean by his wife, expect him to be the butt of jokes on SNL and other shows. I can see the SNL guy who plays Obama and Joy Behar act as Tiger on the show with someone playing his wife wielding a golf club, I can almost see it already.

Aj

It's only a matter of time before bookmakers start taking bets on how much longer Tiger's marriage will last.

If they decide to go splitsville and no prenup was signed, this will be the costliest divorce the world has seen since Paul McCartney-Heather Mills.

It's only a matter of time before bookmakers start taking bets on how much longer Tiger's marriage will last.

If they decide to go splitsville and no prenup was signed, this will be the costliest divorce the world has seen since Paul McCartney-Heather Mills.
    Michael Jordan's wasn't cheap either!

Quote Originally Posted by matapule View Post
    Let the rumors begin.
    Double ditto

Who's your caddy?

Quote Originally Posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
    Who's your caddy?
    Bwahahaha!!!

Can Tiger learn from David Letterman? I think he can. At the expense of a handful of self-deprecating jokes (and a couple day's worth of barbs from his competitors), Letterman's candor re: his affairs and the blackmail attempt against him defused what could have turned into weeks of damaging tabloid reporting and scandal. Tiger needs to take control of the story because silence and stonewalling won't make this thing blow over.

Quote Originally Posted by matapule View Post
    Let the rumors begin.
    Quote Originally Posted by SusieMisajon View Post
    They got into a fight because he's been seeing another woman.
    Looking more and more like Susie was on the mark.
    In TW's words: "I have let my family down and I regret those transgressions with all of my heart. I have not been true to my values and the behavior my family deserves."

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast