Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Tiger Woods injured in car accident!

Default Re: Tiger Woods injured in car accident!

FM - I have no desire to play your weird misinterpretation games. I've tried being nice, I've tried publicly agreeing with you, I've tried discussion - but you still twist, tangle and tweak posts into some sort of ongoing argument. Other people have pointed this out as well, repeatedly.

Whatever your game is - I have no interest in being a part of it. You've gone beyond picking out posts and pouncing on them in bits and pieces; now you even grab excerpts of your own posts, just to keep it going.

Methinks YOU have an addiction to making argument where none needs exist. Play nice for once, why don'cha?

Quote Originally Posted by Leo Lakio View Post
    FM - I have no desire to play your weird misinterpretation games. I've tried being nice, I've tried publicly agreeing with you, I've tried discussion - but you still twist, tangle and tweak posts into some sort of ongoing argument..
    You were the one who took a partial quote I made about some people claiming a sexual addiction to use as a cop-out and said (and I'll use your complete sentence here):

It's also too easy for those who have not suffered through addictions to call it a cop-out, due to lack of understanding.
    So now.... that I wanted to re-iterate my full quote and to clarify that I did acknowledge the existence of sexual addiction..... you object to that? You're going to take me to task simply for clarifying my statements?

Other people have pointed this out as well, repeatedly.
    Leo, this is just a disagreement between the two of us. Let's not escalate this any further.

Methinks YOU have an addiction to making argument where none needs exist. Play nice for once, why don'cha?
    *sigh!*

We have a different POV on the matter. Can't we simply agree to disagree? Why go out of your way to characterize someone as not being nice simply because of a difference of opinion?
    Last edited by Frankie's Market; December 14th, 2009 at 01:18 PM.

Whatever your game is - I have no interest in being a part of it.?
    Matapule is grabbing Leo by the lapels and saying "oua pehe noa!" ("don't respond"). Brah, it take two to make beef. Matapule learned hard way. Kay den, nuf said.
    Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Quote Originally Posted by matapule View Post
    Brah, it take two to make beef.
    If it make two to make beef, how many do it take to make pork?

Can't think of anything creative this time

Smile Re: Tiger Woods injured in car accident!

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie's Market View Post
    You were the one who took a partial quote I made about some people claiming a sexual addiction to use as a cop-out and said (and I'll use your complete sentence here):

So now.... that I wanted to re-iterate my full quote and to clarify that I did acknowledge the existence of sexual addiction..... you object to that? You're going to take me to task simply for clarifying my statements?

Leo, this is just a disagreement between the two of us. Let's not escalate this any further.

*sigh!*

We have a different POV on the matter. Can't we simply agree to disagree? Why go out of your way to characterize someone as not being nice simply because of a difference of opinion?
    Frankie, a few of us have been through this with you before. This is not just between You and Leo, at last count there were half-a dozen of us who perceived your responses as... aggressive.

From my POV it seems you like to argue and win. Nothing so unusual about that, it matches about half the population of Hawai`i Nei, but somehow, because your obvious intelligence I figure you're beyond that. Unless you are an attorney or former attorney... old habits die hard, so it's said.

You are an obvious asset here, on HT, yet you have some tendencies in your communications which, at least to some of us, seem manipulative, controlling, baiting, etc., and it doesn't make this a 'better place.'

I'm not going to accuse you of personality defects or the like, but I recommend a good look in the mirror. Oh yes, I've looked, deep and dark, at me, and I know I am not flawless - far from it - so don't use that one on me.

Maybe a good start would be to just LISTEN to what some of us are telling you; see if the shoe fits, if you are able to be that honestly introspective.

I don't think anyone wants apologies or 'true confessions,' just strive to be the best person you can be here. We are a community, not a war zone. There is NOTHING to be gained by winning pointless arguments with your fellow HTer's. Except maybe ego points.

Do you need ego points, Frankie? I think your incisive information gathering is adequate to gain you plenty, you don't have to stoop to a strategy of incite, challenge and overcome.

Notice: this is just my opinion. If you want to go off on a rant and attack my premises, 'prove' me wrong by your logic, be my guest. I will not respond. I no longer take your bait.

I'd like to see a better, smarter Frankie (just as much as I want to see a better smarter me!). I'm sure there are those here who believe you walk on water, and there are others here who see you differently.

How do you WANT to be seen? And how do you want to be remembered?

Just my opinion, Frankie; nothing personal.

K!
    Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
    ~ ~
    Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
    Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
    Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by tutusue View Post
    A couple of news reports I've heard have Elin already purchasing a home in Sweden.
    There's video circulating of her in public sans wedding ring, too. Ouch.

This is one of those cases where it's better to NOT be a celebrity; at least most of us get to have our relationship issues in relative privacy.

Methinks YOU have an addiction to making argument where none needs exist.
    Has he been cheating on me by arguing with others? How many others? That's it. I'm going to tell all on the next edition of Katai Copy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaonohi View Post
    Frankie, a few of us have been through this with you before. This is not just between You and Leo, at last count there were half-a dozen of us who perceived your responses as... aggressive.
    You take a very reasonable tone in this post, so I will respond.

Where exactly in post #100 was I "aggressive?"

I'm all for having an open-minded discussion on this.

To quote Rodney King, "Can't we all just get along"? If these types of arguments were done in a public setting in a restaurant or something people would be walking out in droves or the patrons kicked out.

Aj

Post Re: Tiger Woods injured in car accident!

My thoughts on 'sexual addiction'...

I have an addictive personality so understand the concept.
    What I have no compassion for is anyone not being truthful to their spouse.

If a man or woman isn't ready or able to be faithful then stay single and go ahead and get your groove on with anyone that'll have you.
    Now if you're already married and realize that you can't/won't stay faithful then be honest, tell the significant other and leave. Don't be a sneaky, lying, cheating, #%^&%@$^*(*^%$$^^&*)!!!! That just ain't cool.
    Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Menehune Man View Post
    I have an addictive personality so understand the concept.
    What I have no compassion for is anyone not being truthful to their spouse.

If a man or woman isn't ready or able to be faithful then stay single and go ahead and get your groove on with anyone that'll have you.
    Now if you're already married and realize that you can't/won't stay faithful then be honest, tell the significant other and leave.
    Amen to that. As far as the innocent victim(s) go, it doesn't matter what the root cause of the infidelity and betrayal was. Addiction or otherwise, the emotional pain and trauma that is caused by the unfaithful spouse's actions still have a devastating effect.

Don't be a sneaky, lying, cheating, #%^&%@$^*(*^%$$^^&*)!!!! That just ain't cool.
    In Tiger's case, make it a lion-cheetah.

[...]
    Now if you're already married and realize that you can't/won't stay faithful then be honest, tell the significant other and leave. Don't be a sneaky, lying, cheating, #%^&%@$^*(*^%$$^^&*)!!!! That just ain't cool.
    BINGO! My thoughts exactly...having walked in Elin's shoes! Being honest won't diminish the pain for the other spouse. But, lying doubles the pain and the damage.

People lie when they know they've done "wrong" and don't want to "be caught". So, if someone has a relationship outside of marriage, and then lies about it to hide it, so they do not get caught, then it is evident that THEY KNOW THEY ARE DOING WRONG. Sexual addiction or any other "excuse" does not override the plain truth. They know they are doing wrong. But they CHOOSE to do it anyway.

Now, if the married couple have some sort of understanding where it is acceptible to have relationships outside of marriage, then that is a different matter. No lying. No hiding. Not "doing wrong".

But, I think it is reasonable to assume that the Woods did not have any such "outside the marriage is OK" agreement. If someone will repeatedly lie and cheat (in this case, on their spouse), I can see why an advertiser would drop that person from their contract. What advertiser would want THAT type of person as their spokesperson, representing their company? Companies advertise to entice people to buy/use their product, and having trust in the company is important. So whomever the company puts out there as their "face" needs to be trustworthy.
    Now run along and play, but donít get into trouble.

Moving vans were spotted outside of the Woods' family mansion in Florida. Elin was also seen outside the home with her children, sans wedding ring again. Looks like Elin is serious about leaving.

The endorsement front is a mixed bag. Nike and Upper Deck have issued statements of support, while AT&T and Tag Heuer are re-evaluating their relationship with the golfer.

Exclamation Re: Tiger Woods injured in car accident!

You take a very reasonable tone in this post, so I will respond.

Where exactly in post #100 was I "aggressive?"

Perhaps this is not the perfect place for such a discussion.
    Perhaps we have to open a new thread regarding how people perceive Frankie? Rather than hijacking this one.

However, in the interest of setting this on the right tone:
    I did not limit my reference to your post # 100, I'm talking about your overall attitude to other posters and your aggressive attacks on other HTer's. And I think you know that - I know you're smart enough.

I'm curious why you would state this after all I said. Defensive? Automatic defense? Misdirection?

When you answer are you reacting or responding?

If this is really true, please open a thread elsewhere in a suitable place on this board. You can state your position and those who feel they have been abused by you can respond. I don't think you will. Would you rather have someone else start it?

The glove is down.

K?
    ~ ~

New details, Elin to leave Tiger in January:

http://www.kitv.com/sports/21960156/detail.html

Perhaps this is not the perfect place for such a discussion.
    Perhaps we have to open a new thread regarding how people perceive Frankie? Rather than hijacking this one.
    Start a thread about myself? Nah, I've already been accused by a certain individual of having a big ego, as it is.

However, in the interest of setting this on the right tone:
    I did not limit my reference to your post # 100, I'm talking about your overall attitude to other posters and your aggressive attacks on other HTer's. And I think you know that - I know you're smart enough.
    This is what I have to say to that.

Anyone who has been on this board long enough establishes a certain reputation for themselves. Overall summary judgements are made. Over time, I've made posts that, when upon looking back on them, I would have written differently if I had to do it over again. But I don't think I'm alone in this situation. (If there's anyone who doesn't feel that way, I would sure be interested in those folks speaking up and making themselves known.)

Nobody's perfect here. If anyone wanted to, they could bring up things from the past at the drop of a hat as fodder for criticism. It's true for me. True for you, Kaonohi. And true for everyone else who's spend considerable time in any forum.

What I wanted to address was the criticism that I am taking in this thread. In this discussion. If I'm going to be characterized in this thread as being "aggressive," then I would like to know exactly where I was out of line in this thread. I gave you the chance to bring up those points, Kaonohi. But you didn't take it. Instead, you fell back on the summary judgements and genralizations that you have used numerous times in the past.

Yes, I'm not Mr. Congeniality when the HT Hoss awards are handed out. But this much is also clear in my mind. I didn't say anything in this thread that was out of line. And absent that, I have to wonder why you and Leo are using this thread to grind an axe with past disputes.

So if you can't make a case about how I was acting "aggressively" in post #100 on this thread, I have nothing more to say on this matter. And from this post forward, it will strictly be Tiger-related stuff from me.
    Last edited by Frankie's Market; December 15th, 2009 at 01:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalihiboy View Post
    New details, Elin to leave Tiger in January:

http://www.kitv.com/sports/21960156/detail.html
    "In the short term they'll act like any other loving couple."
    That might take some really, really good acting skills! Especially considering:
    "According to the tabloid, Uchitel told her friends that Woods still wants to continue his relationship with her."
    And, yes, I intentionally didn't include the part about the 3-some. Might Uchitel feel Tiger will be faithful to her?

Can you believe his mistresses come on tv, cry and whine that THEY feel betrayed?? Elin is the one who should feel the most betrayed and I guess Tiger a little as each and every one of his harem sold him down the river!!

Aj

Quote Originally Posted by Kalihiboy View Post
    Can you believe his mistresses come on tv, cry and whine that THEY feel betrayed?? Elin is the one who should feel the most betrayed and I guess Tiger a little as each and every one of his harem sold him down the river!!

Aj
    What's more amazing to me is that Tiger got away with his affairs for so long with no major leak to the media. It was mentioned on the Today Show yesterday that he had an "inner circle" of friends and lawyers who oversaw this secret part of his life.

The 2 mistress interviews I've heard were more for damage control of their own reputations. Ai yi yi...if ya get involved with a celebrity...a MARRIED celebrity...then ya gotta pay the price.

Cyn, are ya reeling yet?!

Question Re: Frankie's Market injured in perception accident!

Start a thread about myself? Nah, I've already been accused by a certain individual of having a big ego, as it is.

This is what I have to say to that.

Anyone who has been on this board long enough establishes a certain reputation for themselves. Overall summary judgements are made. Over time, I've made posts that, when upon looking back on them, I would have written differently if I had to do it over again. But I don't think I'm alone in this situation. (If there's anyone who doesn't feel that way, I would sure be interested in those folks speaking up and making themselves known.)

Nobody's perfect here. If anyone wanted to, they could bring up things from the past at the drop of a hat as fodder for criticism. It's true for me. True for you, Kaonohi. And true for everyone else who's spend considerable time in any forum.

What I wanted to address was the criticism that I am taking in this thread. In this discussion. If I'm going to be characterized in this thread as being "aggressive," then I would like to know exactly where I was out of line in this thread. I gave you the chance to bring up those points, Kaonohi. But you didn't take it. Instead, you fell back on the summary judgements and generalizations that you have used numerous times in the past.

Yes, I'm not Mr. Congeniality when the HT Hoss awards are handed out. But this much is also clear in my mind. I didn't say anything in this thread that was out of line. And absent that, I have to wonder why you and Leo are using this thread to grind an axe with past disputes.

So if you can't make a case about how I was acting "aggressively" in post #100 on this thread, I have nothing more to say on this matter. And from this post forward, it will strictly be Tiger-related stuff from me.
    Exactly what I expected. No surprises here. I doubt you will be able to adhere to your last sentence, but since I said that, perhaps you will!

I noticed how you avoided my questions and comments - typical fodder.

And, you left the glove on the floor! No surprise there either. Lucky you you're not in the Middle Ages.

No, none of us are perfect, and some of us are downright irascible, but harmless. You, Frankie, seem to fit into a unique category: you seem to delight in starting an argument based on unimportant issues, then when the person responds with their view point you proceed to bring all your antagonistic forces to bear to tear that person apart, and do so selectively - in a way that gives YOUR argument an unfair, slanted advantage. I know of no one else here that does that.

Perhaps this is your personality! You love to argue and win,no matter fairness or cost.

If that's the case, let us know up-front, so we can decide whether or not to participate - otherwise it's a one sided blitzkrieg, like you hit me with when I was a newbie.

I care about others. Especially newbies. We have lost quite a few who have posted 2-10 times then ran. I'd like to keep more. I'd like people to feel safe here.

Remember when both you and I got suspended at the same time? That's what I'm talking about. We don't need that here. Sure, I messed up, but I was a newbie and you were already Ali`i! One would expect you to know better - obviously you didn't then, and perhaps you still don't.

Did you ever think that perhaps we want to help you?

OK, my last post about this subject in this forum. But, since YOU dropped the glove, don't be surprised if a conclave picks it up.

K?
    ~ ~

What's more amazing to me is that Tiger got away with his affairs for so long with no major leak to the media. It was mentioned on the Today Show yesterday that he had an "inner circle" of friends and lawyers who oversaw this secret part of his life.
    ESPN's Herm Edwards had a few choice words for Tiger's inner circle.

The ex-pro football coach got a little carried away there, but his heart was in the right place.

The 2 mistress interviews I've heard were more for damage control of their own reputations. Ai yi yi...if ya get involved with a celebrity...a MARRIED celebrity...then ya gotta pay the price.
    If you ask me, they're all just looking for publicity and trying to milk whatever they can.

Lesson for any married celebrity thinking of fooling around: Bad idea to trust a porn star or a reality show contestant to keep your affairs a secret.

ESPN's Herm Edwards had a few choice words for Tiger's inner circle.
    "What we do in the dark comes to the light"...words to remember.
    [...]If you ask me, they're all just looking for publicity and trying to milk whatever they can.
    I wonder if Uchitel was the only one offered hush money.
    Lesson for any married celebrity thinking of fooling around: Bad idea to trust a porn star or a reality show contestant to keep your affairs a secret.
    Equally bad...text, voice mail and email.

I have to wonder why you and Leo are using this thread to grind an axe with past disputes.
    Please make note of my ongoing silence, as promised earlier, in this aspect of the discussion.

Now, as to my earlier comment on-topic:
    Affairs aren't always about filling gaps in one's primary relationship; they can be about self-esteem, addiction, fantasy, rebellion, power, all kinds of things.
    Posters have seized on the "addiction" aspect, with some interesting perspectives, most of which show the challenges of truly understanding "sexual addiction." Most folks seem to want to put it in the simple terms of being only about fidelity - but that is because of their own standards, and how violation of fidelity is Crime Number One, for which there is no chance of forgiveness.

People who suffer real addictions are generally beyond the point of concern over what is right and what is wrong; it's no longer relevant to the craving mind. Drugs, alcohol, sex, food - when you are addicted, you find ways to feed the beast, consequences be damned. You simply are not thinking about what harm you are doing to yourself or those you love (and yes, you still love them) - you just need that next fix.

Don't anyone accuse me of defending Tiger Woods' behavior; I have no idea if "addiction" is his excuse or explanation at all. I was just stating earlier that there are so many reasons why someone can be in a fulfilling and loving relationship, and still be capable of straying. We'll likely never know his reasons - nor is it any of our business.

Cool Re: Tiger Woods injured in car accident!

Don't anyone accuse me of defending Tiger Woods' behavior; I have no idea if "addiction" is his excuse or explanation at all. I was just stating earlier that there are so many reasons why someone can be in a fulfilling and loving relationship, and still be capable of straying. We'll likely never know his reasons - nor is it any of our business.
    Silence noted. That makes two of us, and another promise.

"Sexual addiction?" Perhaps it exists, I'm sure it does, but does that equate with 'infidelity addiction?'

Statistically, both men and women in married relationships are infidelitous. It's hard to know the numbers, because we can only rate those caught, not those participating. Except unexpected pregnancy 'outs' some cheating females.... While cheating males are discovered by less physical means.

Sexual addiction? Or is it just EGO addiction? (I'm a higher ranking sexual being if I bed 'X' number of the opposite sex.)

If sex is the addiction, only a frigid spouse is an excuse. If cheating is the addiction, it's a different ball game (no pun intended).

"Poor me, I'm addicted to sex..."
    WAKE UP! Sex is a natural, survival-oriented drive. No sex, no survival. QED.

The difference is only in those who can make a vow and stick to it, vs. those who cannot keep their vows (for whatever reason*).

*Reasons may include such things as:
    emotional weakness,
    feelings of disenfranchisement,
    feelings of lonesomeness,
    a 'cold' spouse,
    a lack of standard morals,
    lustfulness,
    physical imperatives,
    an so on.....

I'm addicted to HT, addicted to alcohol, addicted to pain meds, addicted to social righteousness.....

We can have an excuse for everything.

K ::
    ~ ~

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast