No announcement yet.

Tiger Woods injured in car accident!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tiger Woods injured in car accident!

David Letterman said that Tiger Woods called him for advice.

Comment

Is there's going to be an unauthorized movie about Tiger Woods in the works already?

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
        Is there's going to be an unauthorized movie about Tiger Woods in the works already?
        Yes, you will find it in the "adult" section.
        Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

By the end of the day, How many guys would trade places with Tiger Woods?

Comment

How many guys would trade places with Tiger Woods?
            No thanks, I'm good where I stand. (And my cheating days are WAY in my past...but that's another story.) Besides, I'm a crappy golfer.

Comment

Is he still so innocent? Not cheating once ...
              just started: mililaniblog.com

Comment

Originally posted by SusieMisajon View Post
                It seems that Elin's mom is the one that was taken ill.

Poor guys, what a hell of a holiday season for them.
                When it rains, it pours. It's incredible, really. Tiger was in the spotlight for more than a dozen years as the best golfer and the world's wealthiest athlete. But despite all the fame and glory, his private life remained just that. Private, with not a hint of any serious personal/family problem or scandal.

All that suddenly came to an end on Thanksgiving Weekend.

And now, the mistresses are coming out of the woodwork. 12, at last count and growing. Guess that since Tiger's promiscuity has been laid bare for the entire world to see and no more hush money can be extracted, these women might as well spill the beans to the press and get whatever they can at this point.

As the list of alleged mistresses grow, some of Tiger's sponsors are no longer staunchly supporting him. Indeed, some of his biggest endorsement deals (like Gatorade and Gilette) could be in jeopardy.

This has turned into such a big mess that even if Tiger is able to save his marriage, even if the public by-and-large forgives him,....... things will never be the same for him. His life has changed... forever.
                Last edited by Frankie's Market; December 10, 2009, 08:55 PM.
                This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

just watched last saturday's SNL with its satire of the woods debacle. i couldn't really bring myself to laugh at a skit that essentially portrays someone being brutally attacked by his/her spouse and begging for help.

that said, after reading the posts so far on this thread, it's quite telling that many of the women posting opine that there are worse things that a celebrity/athlete could do and really, it's none of our business, role model status accepted by said person or not. in contrast, it's the other gender who breathlessly reports every new development in this long-running bit of gossip. such puerile and exuberant displays of schadenfreude are proof of poverty of rectitude.

and can i just say how lame it is that the american public expects a celebrity/athlete philanderer to trot out before cameras and apologize to all of us, often with his wife behind him, both tearful & triumphant? i'd love to see an end to such a screwy convention, starting with tiger. only morons think the broadcasting of one's begging for forgiveness after cheating does any good for the actual parties involved or for the nosy public. it's as sensible as a flashing neon bandaid on a gaping, spurting and pus-filled wound--all show, no therapeutic effect.

Nothing good happens after 2:00 am.
                  maybe nothing "good," but quite ecstatically enjoyable stuff happens after 2am in this household.
                  superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

This forum is what it is. Last I heard, it's not a foum devoted exclusively to the content of the Jim Lehrer News Hour or Charlie Rose. However one's feelings are towards the problems of the world's most successful golfer, it is being publicized by the mainstream broadcast and cable news outlets.

The thing about the contents of Hawaii Threads is that the threads and the discussions are all labeled so folks have an idea of what to expect before clicking on that link. The title of this particular thread is pretty much self-explanatory. If details of this topic is one that does not interest a person, then one can simply ignore it and move on to another thread without having one's senses be offended by the talk of the "philistines" among them. That would be the sensible suggestion, since it doesn't appear that the reports/developments on this Tiger Woods story is going to end anytime soon, and all the highbrow lectures here certainly won't stop the media's pursuit of this topic.

This whole thing reminds me of a Saks Fifth Avenue shopper who goes into Ross Dress For Less, simply to mock out loud (at any other Ross customer within earshot) about the quality of the merchandise. What would be the point of doing that? It says a lot more about the Saks shopper than does the Ross shopper.

So with no apologies offered,.....

Gatorade has made the decision to drop its Tiger Wood energy drink, but says the decision was already made before the scandal hit.
                    Last edited by Frankie's Market; December 11, 2009, 10:54 AM.
                    This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by cynsaligia View Post
                      such puerile and exuberant displays of schadenfreude are proof of poverty of rectitude.
                      Well with that as inspiration, I feel compelled to post on this thread just for the he11 of it.
                      Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Tiger has just released a public statement, saying that he is taking an "indefinite break" from golf and to work on being "a better husband, father, and person."

Needless to say, the sport of golf will sorely miss him while he is gone. But with all of the turmoil surrounding him, he wouldn't be doing the PGA, his fellow golfers, his sponsors, and most importantly, his family any good by not addressing his problems first.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
                          This forum is what it is. Last I heard, it's not a foum devoted exclusively to the content of the Jim Lehrer News Hour or Charlie Rose. However one's feelings are towards the problems of the world's most successful golfer, it is being publicized by the mainstream broadcast and cable news outlets.

The thing about the contents of Hawaii Threads is that the threads and the discussions are all labeled so folks have an idea of what to expect before clicking on that link. The title of this particular thread is pretty much self-explanatory. If details of this topic is one that does not interest a person, then one can simply ignore it and move on to another thread without having one's senses be offended by the talk of the "philistines" among them. That would be the sensible suggestion, since it doesn't appear that the reports/developments on this Tiger Woods story is going to end anytime soon, and all the highbrow lectures here certainly won't stop the media's pursuit of this topic.

This whole thing reminds me of a Saks Fifth Avenue shopper who goes into Ross Dress For Less, simply to mock out loud (at any other Ross customer within earshot) about the quality of the merchandise. What would be the point of doing that? It says a lot more about the Saks shopper than does the Ross shopper.

So with no apologies offered,.....
                          didn't say you couldn't post about this. also didn't say you shouldn't post about it. neither did i care to extract an apology from you or anyone else.

what i did state is my opinion about the kind of folk who enjoy dancing upon others' faults and miseries.
                          superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
                            Tiger has just released a public statement, saying that he is taking an "indefinite break" from golf and to work on being "a better husband, father, and person."
                            Would he take a break if he was a quarterback on a pro team? Can a golfer be an athlete if he takes a break from the team?

Comment

Would he take a break if he was a quarterback on a pro team? Can a golfer be an athlete if he takes a break from the team?
                              Sure. Like any professional athlete, time can be taken out to recover from a medical problem or to treat other conditions. Say, for example, the quarterback or golfer or other type of athlete had .... satyriasis.
                              Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

It's gone on to $25 grand 15 girl three day orgies and naked pictures being published.

Maybe the guy should simply admit that he doesn't want to be married and he has more fun being wildly rich and single.

He'll only get depressed if he has to remain faithful and quit golf. She should cut him loose.
                                http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
                                http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X