No announcement yet.

Tiger Woods injured in car accident!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tiger Woods injured in car accident!

Originally posted by SusieMisajon View Post
    He'll only get depressed if he has to remain faithful and quit golf. She should cut him loose.
    Does she have him chained to the radiator?
    Last edited by Vanguard; December 12, 2009, 03:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SusieMisajon View Post
      [...]
      He'll only get depressed if he has to remain faithful and quit golf. She should cut him loose.
      Originally posted by Vanguard View Post
      Does she have him chained to the radiator?
      Vanguard's question is on the mark. It's not about cutting Tiger loose. Elin should (and my guess is...will) cut herself loose. I can understand wanting to try to make the marriage work but...DAYAM...how can Elin, who has been betrayed so hideously, ever trust Tiger again. Even his mistresses are pi$$ed!!! Personally, I feel these "transgressions" are too extreme to regroup and move forward as a couple.

A couple of news reports I've heard have Elin already purchasing a home in Sweden...plus Tiger moving on to his yacht. Who knows.

Sorry, cyn!

Comment

Originally posted by Amati View Post
        Sure. Like any professional athlete, time can be taken out to recover from a medical problem or to treat other conditions. Say, for example, the quarterback or golfer or other type of athlete had .... satyriasis.
        Pittsburgh Steeler QB Ben Rothsenberger was called out by a teammate for missing a game after he had a concussion. He would catch a lot of flack from teammates if he missed games due to trying to fix personal problems. He would be called soft. Being soft might cure the satyriasis part.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharilyn View Post
          I agree, surlygirly.
          I agree, too. Elin should forgive him like Hilary forgave Willy.

It's OKAY to cheat.
          Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
            By the end of the day, How many guys would trade places with Tiger Woods?
            I've seen his wife.

*raises hand*
            Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post

It's OKAY to cheat.
              yeah. and no one better gossip about me, either.
              Last edited by Sharilyn; December 12, 2009, 04:11 PM. Reason: i'm an idiot

Comment

Originally posted by cynsaligia View Post
                maybe nothing "good," but quite ecstatically enjoyable stuff happens after 2am in this household.
                Matapule totally agrees foa real! That's when he makes a run to the refrigerator! Sleeping is hard work! Grindz is good at 2am!
                Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                  how can Elin, who has been betrayed so hideously, ever trust Tiger again...........Personally, I feel these "transgressions" are too extreme to regroup and move forward as a couple.......A couple of news reports I've heard have Elin already purchasing a home in Sweden...
                  I just read a news report that Governor Mark Sanford's wife, Ginny, has filed for divorce. He and Tiger can take a hike together.........on the Appalachian Trail.

The higher you fly, the further the fall.
                  Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post

It's OKAY to cheat.
                    Yeah, that's totally not what I meant and you guys know it.

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

Vanguard's question is on the mark. It's not about cutting Tiger loose. Elin should (and my guess is...will) cut herself loose. I can understand wanting to try to make the marriage work but...DAYAM...how can Elin, who has been betrayed so hideously, ever trust Tiger again. Even his mistresses are pi$$ed!!! Personally, I feel these "transgressions" are too extreme to regroup and move forward as a couple.
                      The fence mending is going to be tough, no doubt. While the raising and wellbeing of their two children are important, Tiger and Elin staying together in a loveless marriage just for the sake of the kids isn't good for anyone involved, in the long run.

A couple of news reports I've heard have Elin already purchasing a home in Sweden...plus Tiger moving on to his yacht. Who knows.

Sorry, cyn!
                      This story and its impact goes way beyond that of a simple marital dispute. Tiger and his admitted "infidelities," while most greatly felt within his family, also has repercussions that ripple out. Those who actually follow and understand the sport and the role that Tiger plays in it (like this blogger) nails it perfectly.

Here's the key question to all of this: did we need to know about Tiger Woods' secret, off-the-course life? Many argue that this is an unforgivable invasion of a family's privacy, that we're interested in Tiger Woods as a golfer, not as a family man. As long as he keeps sinking long putts on Sunday afternoons, who cares what he does later that evening?

But that just-golf-it mindset doesn't account for the fact that Woods is not "just a golfer," he's the public face of an entire corporation. What he does on his own time is not his own business, not when his actions can do financial harm to those who have invested hundreds of millions in his image. That financial impact, not the "more mistresses or more majors?" question, is the real story here.
                      This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
                        Tiger and Elin staying together in a loveless marriage
                        Remember, folks, that people have extramarital affairs for a multitude of reasons, and it does not necessarily equate to "a loveless marriage."

Comment

The business world, which quietly rumbled this past week as the scandal grew, is finally erupting.

Gilette, which hasn't aired any national ads/commercials using Tiger Woods since Nov. 29 (a couple of days after the accident) said it won't be featuring Tiger is any of the company's advertising for "an unspecified period of time."

Accenture is terminating its relationship with Tiger altogether, saying the golfer is "no longer the right representative" for the global consulting and outsourcing firm.

Nike has continued to stand by Tiger. But you have to wonder if that will continue to be the case if the company's bottom line and image begins to be impacted in a negative manner. I don't care how big a fan anyone may be of Tiger Woods as a golfer. Will women want to wear the TW logo cap? Will image conscious men want to wear the Nike logo caps and polo shirts that have been so closely associated with Tiger for over a decade?
                          This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                            Remember, folks, that people have extramarital affairs for a multitude of reasons, and it does not necessarily equate to "a loveless marriage."
                            Well, it's not just a matter of how Tiger feels, is it? There's the feelings of Elin to consider. She's not the one getting involved in extramarital affairs.

It's true that some married couples give each other "guilt-free" passes to engage in flings and escapades with other people. But hmmm. Elin chasing Tiger out of the house with a golf club at 2 am in the morning. Smashing his Caddy's windows. Call it a wild, off-the-wall, one-in-a-million hunch, Leo. But I don't think Tiger and Elin were one of those couples.
                            Last edited by Frankie's Market; December 13, 2009, 11:20 AM.

Comment

Gilette, which hasn't aired any national ads/commercials using Tiger Woods since Nov. 29 (a couple of days after the accident) said it won't be featuring Tiger is any of the company's advertising for "an unspecified period of time."
                              The commercial with Charlie Sheen seems to be on a loop during the NFL games.

Comment

It's true that some married couples give each other "guilt-free" passes to engage in flings and escapades with other people.
                                And that's not what I meant, either. Think wider, FM. People can have a very loving, fulfilling and deeply affectionate relationship and yet one (or both) of them may still stray. Affairs aren't always about filling gaps in one's primary relationship; they can be about self-esteem, addiction, fantasy, rebellion, power, all kinds of things.

And unless you've been through these scenarios (either as someone having an affair, someone whose partner is having an affair, or as the "third party"), it can be difficult to understand what drives them to happen. But it's not a kind of "understanding" that I would wish upon you or anyone here.

Comment

Working...
                                X