This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What's for Breakfast - Chapter 2

A bowl of pumpkin & cinnamon flavored, steel cut oatmeal topped with milk and blueberries and a glass of ice green tea...

Comment

Honey Bunches of Oats/Milk, two pop tarts, HT

Comment

on kamehameha day, eric and i walked from our kaimuki home to town restaurant on waialae and 9th for breakfast.

we enjoyed an iced coffee (good coffee, btw) as we waited for an egg-in-hole with ratatouille and bacon (eric's order) and my egg & fontina with proscuitto. both eggs were perfectly done; the ratatouile had softened, yet not mushy eggplant; the bacon slices were hefty and the perfect amount of crispy; the ham, while not an extravagant amount, was enough to satisfy yet not overpower the eggy-cheesy goodness of the panino.

what i have to tell you about this breakfast is the quality of the bread is astronomical. i know it's hard to believe--bread is such a basic in life, right? but really really good bread is hard to find. the toast in the egg in hole was perfectly golden and crispy on the outside, airy and tender yet not "bready" on the inside. and the bread for the panino was equally perfectly done--the right heft for an cheesy, hammy egg sammy.

cost was about $16, and we ate it at one of their patio tables, where it was shady and breezy. after our breakfast, we strolled to the corner food stand right across the way to grab a young coconut juice can and shared it as we ambled home, all the while admiring some of our neighbor's houses and gardens. not a bad start to a holiday.
        Attached Files
        superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Tuna sandwich and a bottle of Diet Coke Lime.

Comment

Originally posted by cynsaligia View Post
            on kamehameha day, eric and i walked from our kaimuki home to town restaurant on waialae and 9th for breakfast.

we enjoyed an iced coffee (good coffee, btw) as we waited for an egg-in-hole with ratatouille and bacon (eric's order) and my egg & fontina with proscuitto. both eggs were perfectly done; the ratatouile had softened, yet not mushy eggplant; the bacon slices were hefty and the perfect amount of crispy; the ham, while not an extravagant amount, was enough to satisfy yet not overpower the eggy-cheesy goodness of the panino.

what i have to tell you about this breakfast is the quality of the bread is astronomical. i know it's hard to believe--bread is such a basic in life, right? but really really good bread is hard to find. the toast in the egg in hole was perfectly golden and crispy on the outside, airy and tender yet not "bready" on the inside. and the bread for the panino was equally perfectly done--the right heft for an cheesy, hammy egg sammy.

cost was about $16, and we ate it at one of their patio tables, where it was shady and breezy. after our breakfast, we strolled to the corner food stand right across the way to grab a young coconut juice can and shared it as we ambled home, all the while admiring some of our neighbor's houses and gardens. not a bad start to a holiday.

Sounds brill. Why didn't you invite me ?

Comment

Bottle of Diet Pepsi from a vending machine.

Comment

What's up with all you drinking soda for breakfast. Not healthy!!

Anyway, my breakfast today:

Eat: mini bagels with FRESH unpasteurized honey - delicious!!
                Drink: Glass of water and a cup of tea

Have a great day!
                kiddori

Comment

Chicken salad sandwiches and a bottle of Diet Coke Lime.

Comment

Two PBJ on toasted english muffin, kona blend, HT

Comment

Steel cut oatmeal topped with fresh blueberries and raspberries...

Comment

Originally posted by Barry View Post
                        Sounds brill. Why didn't you invite me ?
                        thot twould be inconvenient for you. besides, as good as that brunch was, i know you get better prosciutto and ratatouille where you're at!

brunch today was zaru soba for me. eric ordered salmon kama (grilled salmon collars) with sides of okara, small zaru soba, really great quality sushi rice, red miso soup, tsukemono (i had bites of everything he ordered) plus side orders of mirugai kushiyaki (grilled geoduck) and tekka maki, all from yohei sushi not far from where auntie lynn lives.
                        superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Originally posted by cynsaligia View Post
                          thot twould be inconvenient for you. besides, as good as that brunch was, i know you get better prosciutto and ratatouille where you're at!

brunch today was zaru soba for me. eric ordered salmon kama (grilled salmon collars) with sides of okara, small zaru soba, really great quality sushi rice, red miso soup, tsukemono (i had bites of everything he ordered) plus side orders of mirugai kushiyaki (grilled geoduck) and tekka maki, all from yohei sushi not far from where auntie lynn lives.

I just had bacon and eggs with toast > shared with my brother.

Sure,,, I know where my friend Auntie Lynn is. What a marvel she is.

As for me, I live in England so it's difficult for me to get the ingredients recipies which are sent by friends on O'Hau.

Sad to say ! I go to our China town ( which is the oldest one in Europe)

They can't always comply. I sort of 'make do' and haven't poisoned any of my family/friends.

What an opportunity for an enterprising Hawaiin. To come to England and open up a restaurant.

Comment

A bottle of Mountain Dew.

Comment

Not surprised > I got a lot of take-aways whilie I was there. The Kondo wasn't big enough to do a proper meal.

Comment

Chicken salad sandwiches and a bottle of Diet Pepsi.

Comment

Working...
                                X