Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Afghanistan: You can take this one to the bank

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
    Kill them or they will kill us, eh? Sorry, but even I have a more optimistic view of humanity than that.
    Hehehe. I think Humanity worn out its welcome in the living universe. If Darwin is right, then I'm hoping for the next evolution.
    Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
      Hehehe. I think Humanity worn out its welcome in the living universe. If Darwin is right, then I'm hoping for the next evolution.
      If Darwin was right, Humanity is just a blip in the evolution of what's to come.
      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
        You mean when Clinton had the chance to go after Bin Laden while he's in office?
        No, when Reagan first armed Bin Laden to fight the Russians.
        Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Its ironic bringing up Clinton missing Bin Laden when a Senate report just blamed the Bush administration for letting him go at Tora Bora. Clinton told Bush as Bush took office that his biggest concern should be Al Qaeda but Bush said his would be Iraq. So it was. A society defective enough to allow an incompetent like Bush to be its leader dooms itself. Congratulations to the US Supreme Court, talk radio, the negligent press, and corrupt politically active right wing churches for this entire disaster of which Al Qaeda and Afghanistan are only one small part. This disaster could have and should have been avoided.

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
            And let then-Soviets expand into Afghanistan?

Not all Mujaheddin are bad. When the Soviets were defeated, there was a power vacuum. The mujaheddin fought each other, and eventually the Taliban won.
            Last edited by Random; December 3, 2009, 07:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kalalau View Post
              Its ironic bringing up Clinton missing Bin Laden when a Senate report just blamed the Bush administration for letting him go at Tora Bora. Clinton told Bush as Bush took office that his biggest concern should be Al Qaeda but Bush said his would be Iraq. So it was. A society defective enough to allow an incompetent like Bush to be its leader dooms itself.
              Meh. Clinton and the National Democratic Party should have groomed Gore better, or backed a better Presidential Candidate back in 2000.

Ironic no one mentioned that Carter also supported the Mujaheddin in Afghanistan.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
                If Darwin was right, Humanity is just a blip in the evolution of what's to come.
                *looks at Matapule*

Gawd, I hope you're right.

Comment

Actually Carter got us in there to begin with.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
                    Actually Carter got us in there to begin with.
                    I'm talking about befriending Bin Laden, that's what we were talking about, it was on Reagan's watch

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by Kalalau View Post
                      Its ironic bringing up Clinton missing Bin Laden when a Senate report just blamed the Bush administration for letting him go at Tora Bora. Clinton told Bush as Bush took office that his biggest concern should be Al Qaeda but Bush said his would be Iraq. So it was. A society defective enough to allow an incompetent like Bush to be its leader dooms itself. Congratulations to the US Supreme Court, talk radio, the negligent press, and corrupt politically active right wing churches for this entire disaster of which Al Qaeda and Afghanistan are only one small part. This disaster could have and should have been avoided.
                      Uh... I think you got it the other way around. The US Supreme Court is Liberal, the mainstream press is Liberal. I didn't know churches caused us to go to war with the Middle East. Sheesh!

Comment

Originally posted by Bobinator View Post
                        The US Supreme Court is Liberal, !
                        Bob, if you will take a minute and review the sitting Supreme Court record, 5 of the justices have generally taken a conservative position, while 4 tend to be more liberal. Unless, of coarse, you consider anything less than fascism as "liberal."

Comment

I'm talking about befriending Bin Laden, that's what we were talking about, it was on Reagan's watch
                          I think Bin Laden was still squeezing his pimples when Reagan was President.

I think the information we all shared confirms my assertion that all the presidents operate on some level of corruption and are essentially working for the same group of elitist. Keep your eyes on what Obama does in the coming months, and you'll see my point. He's going to break more campaign promises and carry on Bush's work.

I would recommend everyone to look up John Perkins on Youtube and listen to his testimony about how he worked for multi-billion $ corporations backed by the CIA to seduce world leaders into giving up their country's resources for lucrative pay-offs. He wrote the best-seller "Confessions of an Economic Hitman". Then, you'll see where I'm coming from. Very compelling testimony. It'll put an end to the endless "My President can beat up yours" stuff.

Reagan was a great President, but even he wasn't immune to the corruption. Kennedy thought he was, and he got his head blown off.

Comment

What you read in the papers and what actually happened can be two different things. Carter sent us in to provide logistical support to the Mujahadeen and guess who was in those bunkers with them and us? I still remember those days in Turkey and Afghanistan wondering why we were sent here. Days before we got a security briefing about the rising cost of oil in the newly reassigned region of the world called the Middle East.

Comment

How they're supposed to know he's going to turn on us? One Crystal Ball?

That's like blaming George Washington for creating Benedict Arnold.

Comment

The Afghans have been growing Opium Poppy since Adam quit the garden - or shortly thereafter.... Don't expect the seeds to all be harvested and sterilized immediately.

The fight against Muslim values vs. freedom continues:

Have you seen the new Canadian currency?

Let's see:

I THINK this is it:

SPOILER: Under 21 need not look: (unless you're Canadian):
                                Rumors have it that muslims cannot tolerate such pictures ... and yet live. I doubt that, yet it may be less likely they use Canuk $$ fortheir terrorisim plots!

I know, it's only rock and roll but I LIKE IT!

Oh,and I LOVE QUEBEC TOO!
                                K K K K K K K.....
                                Last edited by Kaonohi; December 4, 2009, 12:05 AM. Reason: Abjecg sgtupidity andpoorkeyboarding.
                                Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
                                ~ ~
                                Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
                                Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
                                Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Working...
                                X