Hawaii Library Website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hawaii Library Website

I have the website bookmarked. Today it took me to something that looked odd ~ something about IIS7. I googled hawaii library and clicked the resulting link and it took me to the same thing. It does not look like the library webpage. Is this some odd form of hijacking or is this really the State Library's new webpage? I'm afeared to click anything in case it will download something bad.
    Last edited by Adri; December 7, 2009, 09:08 AM.

Re: Hawaii Library Website

Since the library is run out of DOE, maybe the webmaster got furloughed?

Seriously, I use that site almost every day, and that does look strange. It's not helpful that when you hover over the English "Welcome" you get a numbered link rather than one in plain language.
    http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Are you guys talking about HawaiiLibraries.org?

Definitely looks wrong. It's an Internet Explorer 7 promo graphic with an affiliate link to download the browser, but it appears even if you load the site in Internet Explorer 7. Old links, like to library locations, are broken.

WHOIS says the domain name was updated on Nov. 16, 2009. Was the site working as expected more recently than that?

The weird thing is, it looks like the Horizon search system is still running.

If not a hack, either they're moving servers or lost the domain.

Comment

pzarquon, yes that's the site. I think I was on the library website yesterday or the day before and it looked normal then.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post

Definitely looks wrong. It's an Internet Explorer 7 promo graphic with an affiliate link to download the browser, but it appears even if you load the site in Internet Explorer 7. Old links, like to library locations, are broken.

WHOIS says the domain name was updated on Nov. 16, 2009. Was the site working as expected more recently than that?

The weird thing is, it looks like the Horizon search system is still running.

If not a hack, either they're moving servers or lost the domain.
          You see this is what happens when you get the lowest bidder.
          Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

It's back to normal now. I just signed in to my account to verify due dates of things, and it's correct.
            http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Thanks Linkmeister!

Comment

awwwwright, who crashed the library website again?

Comment

Originally posted by Adri View Post
                  awwwwright, who crashed the library website again?
                  I thought the furlough policy applied to employees, not to websites...

As of Friday dawn it appears to be up & running. But then today's not a furlough day either.
                  Youth may be wasted on the young, but retirement is wasted on the old.
                  Live like you're dying, invest like you're immortal.
                  We grow old if we stop playing, but it's never too late to have a happy childhood.
                  Forget about who you were-- discover who you are.

Comment

Is it just me, then? I don't have trouble with any other website I tried but when I try the library website (yesterday and just a few seconds ago), I get this message:

500 - Internal server error.
                    There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.

Comment

Originally posted by Adri View Post
                      Is it just me, then? I don't have trouble with any other website I tried but when I try the library website (yesterday and just a few seconds ago), I get this message:

500 - Internal server error.
                      There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.
                      I was able to get on the library website yesterday, both morning and late afternoon. I was also on early this morning.

But I tried just now, and I see that same error message.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
                        Actually, it's www.LibrariesHawaii.org

So far, I have no problem. Then again, I'm using Firefox.
                        Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Yay! I just requested Zombieland DVD on their website.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharilyn View Post
                            Yay! I just requested Zombieland DVD on their website.
                            http://ipac.librarieshawaii.org/ipac...profile=#focus

This URL, right?
                            Youth may be wasted on the young, but retirement is wasted on the old.
                            Live like you're dying, invest like you're immortal.
                            We grow old if we stop playing, but it's never too late to have a happy childhood.
                            Forget about who you were-- discover who you are.

Comment

Originally posted by Nords View Post
                              Yup. . . . .

Comment

Working...
                              X