Whiteflies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whiteflies?

I've tried water, soap water, dishwash soap water, laundry soap water. None worked.
    Anyone have a suggestion on a non-poison whitefly cure????

Re: Whiteflies????

Originally posted by abunaitoo View Post
    I've tried water, soap water, dishwash soap water, laundry soap water. None worked.
    Anyone have a suggestion on a non-poison whitefly cure????
    Have you tried Dr. Bronner's Supermild Pure Peppermint Oil Soap?

It works on ants, earwigs, roaches and every other insect I've tried it on.

What's the problem? Where are they bugging you?

K?
    Last edited by Kaonohi; December 9, 2009, 04:27 PM. Reason: Ablutive subsemiotic reasoning adgendering.
    Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
    ~ ~
    Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
    Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
    Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Re: Whiteflies?

Have a guava tree that is infested with whiteflies.
      I'm tempted to cut it down.
      Don't want the whiteflies to attack the other trees.
      How would you use the Dr. Bronner's soap???
      Where would I find it????

Comment

Re: Whiteflies?

Here's what I do for my plumeria trees, maybe it will work for you. Day one I put on clothes that I know will be getting wet, and I spray the entire tree with forceful water from the hose. I get wet because in order to get underneath the leaves (where the whiteflies hide), you have to stand under the tree. This "washing" of the leaves will decrease the number of whiteflies and disrupt their reproduction.

On day two, mix a solution of about 1 part Simple Green to 4 parts water in a sprayer (I just use a quart sprayer with a squeeze trigger). Spray the tree making sure to get under the leaves.

Repeat the forceful water routine the 3rd day. Then I let the leaves recouperate a few days, and repeat the cycle if necessary.

Simple Green seems to work well on most plants without killing the plant. If you are not sure about how well the plant will tolerate the soap, try it first on just a few leaves then wait a couple of days to see how the leaves hold up.
        Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Working...
        X