No announcement yet.

A good place to buy curtains / drapes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A good place to buy curtains / drapes?

Heya folks,

My dad needs new curtains for his living room. Being a guy, he's not too picky about how it looks. I'm thinking of just going to Wal-Mart to see what they have, but I was wondering if you know a better store for curtains.

Much appreciated,
    MJ
    "By concealing your desires, you may trick people into being cruel about the wrong thing." --Steven Aylett, Fain the Sorcerer
    "You gotta get me to the tall corn." --David Mamet, Spartan
    "
    Amateurs talk technology, professionals talk conditions." --(unknown)

Re: A good place to buy curtains / drapes?

For long drapes and depending upon the width of the windows, I'd try Pier One...maybe even Ross'. Smaller windows such as the kitchen, bedroom or bath, any of the chains will do...Target, KMart, Walmart.

Comment

I second Pier 1, often they have really good sales on their drapes/curtains.
      The ones I've gotten have all been great quality and the perfect lengths.

Maybe Sears has some too.

Comment

The old stand-by - Wong's Drapery Shoppe on Beretania - is still there, unlike Penny's, which used to have a great stock.
        Walmart's okay for stuff like kitchen or bathroom decor - Pier 1 sounds good.

Comment

Wong's is great, esp. their customer service. I always think of them for custom draperies, not ready made, so I've never checked them for ready made. Nice people there!

Comment

Thanks a bunch: tutusue, leashlaws, and kimo. I've never heard of Wong's Drapery Shoppe; thanks for pointing it out. I've lately been making medium size purchases from local companies. Getting good advice and developing a relationship is a nice feeling.
            "By concealing your desires, you may trick people into being cruel about the wrong thing." --Steven Aylett, Fain the Sorcerer
            "

Comment

So Sears and Macy's didn't have what we needed. Styles at Pier 1 were a little too pretty for my dad's utilitarian tastes. Ended up going to Wong's. I don't have enough experience to compare them to other stores, but they had what we needed, so that was good.
              "

Comment

Originally posted by MyopicJoe View Post
                [...]Ended up going to Wong's.[...]
                Cool! I'm happy a local business got your business!

Comment

Working...
                X